Did I fail my Whole30?

Kmp13

I’m on day 21 on my whole 30 and with 1 week left, I’m starting to think I failed/going to fail it (in a sense). I will succeed in the way that I wanted to succeed the most, I wanted to figure out the stem of my stomachaches and headaches and I haven’t gotten either since I started. However, I was also hoping to gain control of my food and sugar cravings but they haven’t lessedned at all and I think it’s my own fault. I snacked on fruit the entire program because my meals weren’t filling enough due to not liking eggs and having limited time to make meals (I work 55 hours a week). 

If i never lost any sugar cravings at all during my program, did I fail? Is there any way to still succeed and lose the cravings? 

• Moderators

You didn't fail your whole30. You still ate healthy foods the whole time. You can decide right now to cut out snacking on fruit for the rest of your whole30, and that will help a lot.

Snacking on fruit can keep your sugar cravings going strong. If you must eat between meals, try to have a combo of protein, fat, and vegetables, or at least two of the three. 

@Kmp13 as far as not having enough time to meal prep, you might look for crockpot recipes that can cook overnight or all day while you're at work, or if you have a day off on the weekend, take a couple of hours to pre-cook some stuff to get you through the week. There are whole30 compliant pre-made meals that could help as well, though they're not cheap. You can find some options here:  https://whole30.com/whole30-approved/

• Moderators

Congratulations on finishing your Whole30!

I too snacked on compliant sweet stuff my first whole30. We do the best we can. Then we figure out how to do better. Now anytime I have a sweet craving, I try to take a walk, drink some water or hot herbal tea, or eat something like chicken and avocado. 

Do you own Well Fed cookbook? It totally got me through my first Whole30. Lots of basic fast recipes, tips, etc and ways to eat without even cooking more than a couple times a week: https://meljoulwan.com/2014/06/25/great-ingredients-recipe-required/

Archived