Starting Whole30 Monday Sept 16

Sweetbrook

I am starting Whole30 on Monday   Sept 16th for the 4th or 5th time. I have not been eating well lately and I need to get back on track. Too many vacations and eating and drinking things that are not healthy. When I am on the Whole30, I don’t get the out of control cravings because I know I can only eat Whole30. I need to post this for accountability!!

Hi Sweetbrook,

Welcome back to Whole30! I know what you mean, being on Whole30 somehow makes it easier to eat healthy because you’re bound to the rules and don’t really have to make decisions about if you should eat something off plan. 

On my most recent Whole30, I tried to be very introspective and reflective and see if there were any lessons I could bring forward once the program had ended. I used the Whole30 Day but Day guide to help guide these internal conversations. 

I came to the conclusion I was just overall not being mindful. I wasn’t really thinking through consequences of eating inflammatory foods (other than the consequences of weight gain and less attractive appearance - which just makes me feel bad about myself and makes me want to eat more). 

Since then I’ve been careful to ask myself how eating something will make me feel physically and mentally vs just thinking about if it will “make me fat”. I’ve also been traveling a lot and have focused on making time to buy non-perishable groceries BEFORE I leave town so I can get right back on my typical paleo diet the day I return to town instead of continuing vacation style eating another week.  This has really helped me stay on track and I don’t feel the need to do a full Whole30 anytime soon.

I really hope your Whole30 is successful and makes you feel great!!! 

Hi everyone!  I’m starting Whole30 for my first time on Monday September 16.  I have been “practicing” for about a week, haven’t had any bread or dairy in eight days!  However, sugar is my weakness. 

I am fully prepared to do this except that I don’t have a support team, so I hope to get my support from you!  I think weekday suppers and all weekend meals will be my biggest challenges because I will be cooking for 3 others in my family who won’t be doing the Whole30.   

I’m looking forward to all that this forum has to offer, and hoping that we can all pull through this successfully.   

Hello....I have started my Whole 30 today as well.  So far so good...but it is only day 1 but I feel like I stocked my pantry and fridge for success.  I am looking forward to sleeping better and feeling better.  Good luck to everyone.  This is going to be great!

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 10:13 PM, Sweetbrook said:

I need to post this for accountability!!

I hear you!  I tried not to over talk about W30 during my 30 days which ended on 9/10, but the people around me often asked about my food choices and marveled at the quantity I was eating.  :)  When I described W30 most people would exclaim that they could NEVER manage to follow the rules for 30 days.  I always replied that I'm fairly disciplined in the short term so it's not the 30 days I'm concerned about but the 335 that follow!  I need to keep on the forum after my W30 more so than during!

Good luck to you Sweetbrook!  I hope your sugar dragon is as tamed as mine has been!!

Day 2 is going well for me.  Breakfast took a full hour this morning, including eating it and dishes.  I made the Diner Breakfast from the Whole30 cookbook.  I’m looking forward to learning to cook meals from scratch. I’m 55, and I’ve always relied heavily on commercially prepared foods, it was just so much quicker.  I’m going back into the kitchen now to cook meatballs from scratch and spaghetti squash.  The sauce will be by La Dee Da Gourmet Sauces (W30 compliant).  I have to cook a 2nd dinner tonight for the rest of the family, pasta with ground beef and non-compliant Ragu sauce, because it’s what they’ll eat.  Progress, not perfection...

How is everyone else’s Day 2 going?

On 9/17/2019 at 10:49 AM, Angelia said:

so it's not the 30 days I'm concerned about but the 335 that follow!  I need to keep on the forum after my W30 more so than during!

You are so right!!! I need to continue on the forum after the 30 days!! The 30 days is the easy part!!  Day 5 tomorrow!!

I couldn't even go to the gym because I had the worst headache - woke up in the middle of the night with it and it just went away about an hour ago!  I also have virtually no appetite right now.  Is this normal?  I eat a few bites of something (compliant of course :)) and just lose interest.  I haven't experiences what the "calendar" says should be happening at all, so i'm wondering where my body is in the whole process.

Day 11, and I’ve got Tiger Blood.  I think that my Day 9 slump was due to not eating enough protein and fat.  I was feeling like my appetite had dropped and decided that I probably didn’t need to eat as much as I was eating, so I cut back on the size of my meals and then I ended up with super low energy the next day.  Sbash45, maybe you need to increase your protein and fat?  Also remember to drink LOTS of water.  Maybe also add an extra dash of salt?  I hope you’re feeling better. Don’t give up!  

Archived