Honey

BrianM

It's a very, very good habit to always read your labels and to always verify ingredients in a recipe.Don't trust other people to tell you what's okay to put in your body. There are a lot of sites out there that take advantage of the Whole30 brand by claiming to have compliant recipes. Sometimes they are actually compliant and sometimes they aren't. That being said, there are some food bloggers that are more reliable that others. I recommend checking out the @Whole30Recipes Instagram feed. Those bloggers are probably going to reliable when they claim to have a Whole30 recipe. 

Also, here are some of my favorites that are pretty trustworthy (all of which have been featured by Whole30):

Hey kirbz, good to read you again!  I've mostly been my 95% + whole 30 lifestyle since we last chatted here - what, a year or more ago?  I fell off of my good eating habits this holiday season the worst since I started in June of 2017 - but already cooking up trays of veggies and getting back on track.  

Brian, as Shannon and kirbz said, the most valuable thing I learned in whole 30'ing is to read EVERY label.  There is sugar and junk in things you'd never imagine. Make sure you know what your personal rules are, and own making sure you follow them.  The Whole 30 tagline "it will change your life" really happened to me.  All the best!

Jim

(meant to endorse meljoulwan,com (my personal favorite Whole 30 recipe site), nomnompaleo (a close second) and I am pretty sure I've cooked a runningpaleomama recipe to acclaim, maybe a beef stroganoff recipe...)

On 12/29/2019 at 8:52 PM, kirbz said:

Also, here are some of my favorites that are pretty trustworthy (all of which have been featured by Whole30):

Also chiming in to recommend these sites. Fairly frequently, these sites will also tell you "omit X" or "swap Y for X if Whole30" if the recipe can be easily made compliant. 

Archived