Pizza?

Amanda1125

Day 3 of second w30.  

Does anyone have a good substitute or recipe for pizza? Friday is family pizza and movie night around here and while I have strength and willpower this week, two weeks from now I know it will be a serious struggle for me.  

Here is my idea, find a good recipe or compliant cauliflower crust, top with compliant marinara sauce (this is where I need your help with finding good ones), and all the veggies I have on hand, for protein I do have compliant sausage and/or bacon from whole foods that I can put on, but is there such a thing is compliant pepperoni? I don't think I'll miss it if there isn't. Thanks for the help! 

Unfortunately, pizza, whether or not it is made with compliant ingredients, is not allowed on Whole30. It falls under the rule "Do not consume baked goods, junk foods, or treats with “approved” ingredients."

See here for more information: https://whole30.com/whole30-program-rules/

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this is probably something best save for your Food Freedom! I highly recommend that you take something else delicious to eat for family movie night. You may not be able to have pizza but perhaps it's an opportunity to prepare something else delicious! I have lots of excellent recipe recommendations if you'd like! 

Here's are two of my recent favorites: 

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Amanda1125 said:

Day 3 of second w30.  

Does anyone have a good substitute or recipe for pizza? Friday is family pizza and movie night around here and while I have strength and willpower this week, two weeks from now I know it will be a serious struggle for me.  

Here is my idea, find a good recipe or compliant cauliflower crust, top with compliant marinara sauce (this is where I need your help with finding good ones), and all the veggies I have on hand, for protein I do have compliant sausage and/or bacon from whole foods that I can put on, but is there such a thing is compliant pepperoni? I don't think I'll miss it if there isn't. Thanks for the help! 

You can google 'well fed meatza' which is a meat and vegetable dish seasoned with pizza flavorings (the 'crust' is actually a giant flat baked hamburger patty).

@kirbz is right tho, there is no crust that is made with compliant ingredients that will work - cauliflower crust is great for food freedom but does cross the line of recreating baked goods which is not allowed.

• 1 month later...

I did some Pizza Egg Muffins (for my little one):

Simply make some egg muffins and put tons of oregano and basil on it. You can also put salami on it. Tastes quite a bit like pizza and is a very filling Meal (or snack if you're working out/breast feeding etc). :)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 6/11/2020 at 11:51 PM, kirbz said:

Unfortunately, pizza, whether or not it is made with compliant ingredients, is not allowed on Whole30. It falls under the rule "Do not consume baked goods, junk foods, or treats with “approved” ingredients."

See here for more information: https://whole30.com/whole30-program-rules/

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this is probably something best save for your Food Freedom! I highly recommend that you take something else delicious to eat for family movie night. You may not be able to have pizza but perhaps it's an opportunity to prepare something else delicious! I have lots of excellent recipe recommendations if you'd like! 

Here's are two of my recent favorites: 

Thanks for sharing :)

Archived