First time Whole30 starting 9/15

FairyRN

Hello! New to this forum! I am starting my first Whole30 next Monday and pray it helps resolve some of the health issues I have been experiencing! I just finished ”It Starts with Food” and boy am I angry at big food companies for scientifically modifying food to make it addictive = more consumption = more profit AND also more metabolically unhealthy individuals :( Hoping to finally slay Sharon my sugar dragon for good! Thank you for having this space for us! 

7 hours ago, FairyRN said:

Hello! New to this forum! I am starting my first Whole30 next Monday and pray it helps resolve some of the health issues I have been experiencing! I just finished ”It Starts with Food” and boy am I angry at big food companies for scientifically modifying food to make it addictive = more consumption = more profit AND also more metabolically unhealthy individuals :( Hoping to finally slay Sharon my sugar dragon for good! Thank you for having this space for us! 

Welcome!! I love this forum, great for questions and suggestions. I'm excited to follow your journey! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I just started yesterday. This is my 3rd, although I have a few Whole-not-quite-30s under my belt, too. I don’t know if they have updated the testimonials in newer editions of It Starts With Food, but in the original edition, they used my testimony at the head of chapter 7. The Whole30 literally changed my life. I have been through some trials in recent years and had fallen into bad eating and fitness habits again, but I am woke, and am back to reclaim that amazing health I found with my first Whole30! I look forward to journeying with you, and watching your health soar as mine did and will again! 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, farmermama said:

Hi! I just started yesterday. This is my 3rd, although I have a few Whole-not-quite-30s under my belt, too. I don’t know if they have updated the testimonials in newer editions of It Starts With Food, but in the original edition, they used my testimony at the head of chapter 7. The Whole30 literally changed my life. I have been through some trials in recent years and had fallen into bad eating and fitness habits again, but I am woke, and am back to reclaim that amazing health I found with my first Whole30! I look forward to journeying with you, and watching your health soar as mine did and will again! 

Oh, that's fun! Should still be there, we haven't changed the content of that book!

• Administrators
On 9/7/2020 at 6:16 AM, FairyRN said:

The absolute scientific manipulation of the consumer and the human physiology should make everyone angry! They know how our bodies are going to react so they create and sell us on things that are NOT good for us but which we have a very hard time refusing. Love that you named your sugar dragon. Down with Sharon!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to find some people who are newbies. I am just starting tomorrow. I read that book and am on The Whole30 now. I tried to read it all before I started but I kept getting sidetracked to find out more information or look up ideas presented in the book. I'm a third of the way through reading it. Having done Keto for about a year on and off I'm familiar with some of the information but trying to find out more about fodmaps and nightshades. 

On 9/15/2020 at 3:54 PM, farmermama said:

I have a library ebook edition and it doesn't include testimonials. Could you share a copy of the page with me? Also, my copy only has six chapters. 

It Starts with Food Table of Contents.png

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Jennifer Jensen said:

I'm trying to find some people who are newbies. I am just starting tomorrow. I read that book and am on The Whole30 now. I tried to read it all before I started but I kept getting sidetracked to find out more information or look up ideas presented in the book. I'm a third of the way through reading it. Having done Keto for about a year on and off I'm familiar with some of the information but trying to find out more about fodmaps and nightshades. 

I have a library ebook edition and it doesn't include testimonials. Could you share a copy of the page with me? Also, my copy only has six chapters. 

It Starts with Food Table of Contents.png

I don't think this is the real Whole30 version of It Starts With Food. Whole30 is not and has never been a weight loss program, and anything you find that touts things like "101 Secrets for Weight Loss Success" is just not in keeping with the program.

I highly recommend you find a copy of the real ISWF (https://whole30.com/itstartswithfood/ has links to purchase, or talk to your librarians about getting the real one). 

5 minutes ago, ShannonM816 said:

I don't think this is the real Whole30 version of It Starts With Food. Whole30 is not and has never been a weight loss program, and anything you find that touts things like "101 Secrets for Weight Loss Success" is just not in keeping with the program.

I highly recommend you find a copy of the real ISWF (https://whole30.com/itstartswithfood/ has links to purchase, or talk to your librarians about getting the real one). 

Thank you, Shannon. I have read a third of The Whole30 book and I started reading this book when It Starts with Food was referenced in the early chapters. I was a little confused because that book DID NOT give a lot of scientific explanations and I was a little disappointed that I spent so much time reading it. 

2 hours ago, farmermama said:

I agree with Shannon. This is not the same book. It Starts with Food by Dallas and Melissa Hartwig is the one you are looking for. It has so much science behind why Whole30, all written in easy-to-understand terms! 

I have the book now. I just wish I had it earlier. What a waste of time...

I had kind of a bad day/night. I'm wondering if it could be because I got so hungry after working in the yard. I had been getting up real early, wide awake with plenty of energy and this morning I had such a headache and was really fatigued I just slept in because my plans for the day had been cancelled anyway. The headache is gone but I still have no energy.

Archived