Vegetable "noodles" for making lasagna

In my quest to find interesting substitutes for pasta I have found that by using leeks, I can easily make a version of a lasagna. First, remove the green part of the leek and cut off the roots. Then, using a sharp knife, cut halfway through the leek lengthwise til it can be opened into more or less, a sheet.  Seperate the resulting layers. Then I briefly blanch them in boiling water for 2 minutes. You should now remove with a slotted spoon to a few layers of paper towel, being careful not to rip them and try not to place them on top of each other. You can now layer them as you would in traditional lasagna with a meat sauce and some grilled veggies. Bake for 40 minutes and top with some chopped olives, hot peppers and minced green onion. Serve with your favorite salad. Delish!

Here's a lasagna recipe that is legit amazing! I mean, you can tell it's not noodles but everything else tastes like a delicious, traditional lasagna. This was no poor substitute, it was just yummy. In particular, the cashew ricotta substitute is delicious! 

https://www.paleonewbie.com/awesome-paleo-lasagna-recipe/

PS. You definitely need a mandolin so you can slice the zucchini really thin. I tried it once without and it simply isn't the same. You really, really need consistently thin zucchini for this to come together... 

Archived