Day 25-26: screaming headache

Hi. 
I am almost done with my whole30 journey and what can I say, it’s been amazing. I’m so proud of myself, and I feel so much better... well except today and yesterday. I have the world’s worst headache. Just like I said during the withdrawal period at the beginning. At first I thought it was because I was ovulating, but then my boyfriend got headaches yesterday and today too.. so it’s gotta be something with these days....or the weather? Seasons are changing. I’ve felt better than ever this entire time. Actually I usually get severe migraine and haven’t gotten any during whole30 (except withdrawals), so I was very happy about that... until now haha.

But does anyone know of headaches reappearing on the last week stretch? Any remedies? Been taking magnesium every day since the beginning when my sleep got messy, but even that's not working. I drink PLENTY of water, so I’m not dehydrated. Any ideas? 

• Moderators

Headaches suck! Sorry you guys aren't feeling well. The only extra thing I can suggest as far as intake is to make sure you're salting your food but honestly, it's definitely realistic to think this is environmental... barometer changing, temp dropping, fall allergies (ya, that's a thing..), stress, poor sleep... 

Definitely take a headache remedy like Aleve or Advil or Tylenol so you're not suffering - if you think it might be sinuses, try a Tylenol sinus pill or flushing with a netty pot.

On 10/4/2021 at 2:45 PM, Caseydilla093 said:

Hi. 
I am almost done with my whole30 journey and what can I say, it’s been amazing. I’m so proud of myself, and I feel so much better... well except today and yesterday. I have the world’s worst headache. Just like I said during the withdrawal period at the beginning. At first I thought it was because I was ovulating, but then my boyfriend got headaches yesterday and today too.. so it’s gotta be something with these days....or the weather? Seasons are changing. I’ve felt better than ever this entire time. Actually I usually get severe migraine and haven’t gotten any during whole30 (except withdrawals), so I was very happy about that... until now haha.

But does anyone know of headaches reappearing on the last week stretch? Any remedies? Been taking magnesium every day since the beginning when my sleep got messy, but even that's not working. I drink PLENTY of water, so I’m not dehydrated. Any ideas? 

I don't know where you're located, but pretty much everyone I know who has even the slightest hint of trouble when the seasons change has been feeling *massively* horrible this week. Started on Sunday for me with an incredible amount of sinus/ear pain and congestion. I'm still not feeling great despite continuing my allergy meds and stacking an NSAID on top of it. Not fun. 

Hope you're feeling better!

Archived