Coconut aminos in Eastern San Diego?

ciria

I'm normally a TJ's and Costco shopper with the occasional Sprouts visit for specialty items, like Coconut Aminos. Today I went to two and was informed that they no longer carry the product!! Any other places you think might carry them? I know I can do Whole Foods or People's, but it would be quite the trip for me hauling two small children for just one item...I tend to stick to east of the 805. Maybe Windmill Farms or a regular grocery store? I honestly haven't set foot in a traditional grocery store in ages so I have no idea if they're getting better with healthier options these days.

Good idea! I'll try with our local albertsons since I'm just so annoyed with Sprouts right now. I feel like they've been totally going downhill lately, especially since minimal people at each of the stores even knew what coconut aminos were! They USED to be a health food store ;)

You know...my mom lives in La Jolla and I had my first visit to sprouts in PB. It used to be Harry's. I loved Harry's but was not impressed with Sprouts. Not sure why. The meat wasn't special nor were the eggs and the produce was just okay. Maybe it was just my mood. I was much happier across the street at Trader Joes. :) My mom seems to be fond of Sprouts.

Yep. They all used be called Henry's, years ago. Then the original owner died and some family drama caused them to split into two stores, some Sprouts, which I'm not abig fan of, and the others are Windmill Farms. Such a bummer for San Diego.

Now that you mention it, I think I remember talk of WF taking over. I wonder if they did and dumbed down the store so everybody is practically forced to go to WF for specialty items?? Wouldn't surprise me considering when I was just browsing I also couldn't find no-sugar added sunflower seed butter or fish sauce. Hmmm, now you have my conspiracy theory mind going to work...

Windmill Farms wins it! There's one not TOO far out of the way on my way home. Had the coconut aminos and the no sugar added sunflower seed butter. I browsed a bit and they had a way better selection that Sprouts. Just going straight there from here on out!

Windmill Farms wins it! There's one not TOO far out of the way on my way home. Had the coconut aminos and the no sugar added sunflower seed butter. I browsed a bit and they had a way better selection that Sprouts. Just going straight there from here on out!

Oh, that's awesome. I will check them out next time I am in SD. Going to google to see how far they are from my mom's house.

Sorry I don't know about east county for the Coconut Aminos but Sprouts in Clairemont and UTC carries them still. They are less expensive at Whole Foods though by a dollar a bottle!

Just out of curiosity, how much are they at WF? They were 6 something at Windmill Farms, but I thought I remembered them being way more when they were at Sprouts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello fellow EC person :) . Just found Coconut Amino's at the Sprouts in El Cajon on N. Second Street this weekend. Its $6.99

They did not carry it for months, the manager told me they were unable to find a wholesaler. Lucky I asked again (its been about 2months since I asked) and they had it :) Looks like he found a source.

Archived