Day 25 with cravings?

I have been doing awesome on this whole30 up till yesterday. I was just wanting something like a treat. I went for the coconut butter and almond butter, mixed them together and ate a couple spoonfuls... Then I did the same the today. I suppose it's technically not cheating, but I feel like I let the food control me. I'm wondering why all of a sudden I felt the need to eat something mindlessly. I have not been eating any fruit on this whole30 because anything sweet just makes me want to eat more sweets. But this in the last week I figured I was doing so well I would allow myself an orange one day and a few days later (yesterday) I had an apple. Do you think that may have been my problem? Maybe I'm super sensitive to fruits and shouldn't be eating any except for special occasions? What happens if I eat too much fat, even if it is approved fat? Also, I am breast feeding my baby still, I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

I understand that not technically cheating but food controlling thing! I include1-2 fruits every day but only mixed in with other things like blueberries or pears on a salad or as a snack with some protein. Then it's no problem. If I eat fruit by itself it's craving city so I avoid this most of the time.

• 4 weeks later...

I know this doesn't help, but I'm on Day 20 and I find myself thinking more about treats and sweet now than I did when I started.

Me too! Today I'm ready to punch a 2 year old to grab his cookie. Day 20 is the worst day so far!

• 2 weeks later...

Hang in there! All of you who are hanging on by a thread! You can do this. I was dangerously close to a cheat on days 25-26...it would have been SO easy to grab a drink with a friend, or a piece of chocolate. Instead, I went home and gardened one day and we went to the mall the next day. And I stayed away from the food court. Yes, I wanted a "treat". No, I didn't want to cave when I am so close to 30 days of really good eating. And I felt really proud of myself for making that choice.

We are on day 28 today and the last two days were better-I got through those cravings and they passed. We are going away for the weekend-running a half marathon on Sunday in Portland, Maine. Yes, I will enjoy a beer after the race-it is sponsored by Shipyard Brewing after all! And yes, that's technically not 30 days...but I figure 29.5 is pretty darn good. I have been planning what/where to eat while we are there and I think we can stay on track pretty well and will resume eating the "right" way when we get home on Tuesday. Both my husband and I plan on continuing with this. I feel too darn good to go back to how I used to eat on a regular basis. I'm looking forward to those things being special occasion foods/drinks, not every day things!

• 5 months later...

I'm on day 26 and have been having the worst sugar cravings yet(!) since day 24. It think it's the time of year. Yesterday, Christmas, I felt deprived of cookies and candy (though I wasn't around any all day). My family and I had a Whole30 Christmas dinner which was simply amazing! Yet, ever since Christmas Eve, I've had the worst cravings I've had in months!

I read in the Whole30 Daily that near the end of a Whole30, it's possible that your brain gives once last ditch effort to get you to go back to your old (bad) ways of eating.

I hope that info helps some of you guys in the future! And I'm glad to know though that I'm not the only one with crazy end-of-Whole30-cravings! (;

I'm on day 21 and struggled more with depression and cravings for the past 2 days than I did for any day of the first three weeks. I splurged and had 5 little mandarin oranges on Saturday. Way more than one but not a box of choco bombs either! Ugh. But if that's as bad as it gets I did good. Some days are so tough to eat clean!

Thank you so much for your honesty. As a first-timer, I really appreciate knowing that there are bumps, not just rose petals, in the road ahead for me. I have my w30 calendar stuck on the fridge door, and I am going to put a big circle around Day 18 so that when I get there, if I have these same problems, I will remember to reread these posts.

Carry on, you trailblazers, you role models, you awesome people!

Archived