Avocado and black olives

abuchana

I read somewhere on the internet (which is why I'm looking for further guidance) that avocado shouldn't be eaten with other high fat/high protein food due to the bodies digestion process. I've seen plenty of recipes that use both ingredients, but am just wondering what people feel is appropriate for a healthy fat ratio. Thanks!

Well I'm absolutely no expert but I know there's a lot of different views out there about food combining. Unfortunately a lot of them seem to contradict each other :). All I can say is I, personally, frequently have chicken salad with avocado, black olives, lettuce, tomato etc. and virgin olive oil dressing, which is combining the avocado with protein and 2 other types of fat. I've never found any digestive problems with this.

I was a bit curious about this, did some googling. All the articles I found were from raw food folks (who don't seem to like raw nuts and avocado together), so they're not following the meal template to start with.

I mix different fats in single meals all the time. I love avocado with chicken and olive oil :)

Archived