Second full Whole30, not getting results like the first one...

Hi everyone,

My wife and I discovered Whole30 a few months ago and during our first W30, we lost 25 and 30lbs respectively. We felt great and have kept that weight off. We did the reintroduction period to see how each major group of "bad" foods felt, and overall it was awful. The worst part was that we fell back into old habits and were eating terribly on the weekends.

We resolved to start a new W30 on 1/1/13, and have been doing great sticking to the program. But we've lost almost no weight at all. I know W30 isn't designed as a weight loss program, but with unarguable results from the first one, we expected to see something from this one. We're two days away from finishing up, and we're unsure what to do next.

Health-wise, we're feeling better than before. We do have more energy and are looking better/slimmer. That's a nice aspect, but we can't understand how we're looking fitter if we're not actually losing weight.

I'm really unsure what to do.

Any help would be appreciated.

By eating in the whole30 fashion, you can get rid of belly (visceral) fat that often accompanies a diet high in sugar and refined carbohydrates, even if that does not translate to the numbers on the scale. You could be upping your muscle balance as well.

I would encourage you to fully document the benefits that you have seen from this whole30. It is said that you learn something knew each time. Write your lists separately, then share them. You may find things on your list you didn't expect; the joy of doing this together, for example.

I think it is natural for you to look at your first whole30 results and have expectations this time around. Remember, the changes you are seeing might not be on the scale, but they are DEFINITELY happening!

Hi everyone,

My wife and I discovered Whole30 a few months ago and during our first W30, we lost 25 and 30lbs respectively. We felt great and have kept that weight off. We did the reintroduction period to see how each major group of "bad" foods felt, and overall it was awful. The worst part was that we fell back into old habits and were eating terribly on the weekends.

We resolved to start a new W30 on 1/1/13, and have been doing great sticking to the program. But we've lost almost no weight at all. I know W30 isn't designed as a weight loss program, but with unarguable results from the first one, we expected to see something from this one. We're two days away from finishing up, and we're unsure what to do next.

Health-wise, we're feeling better than before. We do have more energy and are looking better/slimmer. That's a nice aspect, but we can't understand how we're looking fitter if we're not actually losing weight.

I'm really unsure what to do.

Any help would be appreciated.

I think you should break up with your scale and take your even-hotter wife on a date :wub: That number is completely irrelevant if all your other markers of health are improving. Celebrate that and keep on keeping on!

http://whole9life.com/2012/08/new-health-scale/

Archived