cashew ricotta?

Jtandi

http://urbanposer.blogspot.com/2011/11/dairy-free-cashew-ricotta-cheese-gaps.html

home made "ricotta" cheese made from cashews, pro-biotics, and water...I am tempted to try it. I do miss cheese and don't want this to be a SWYPO but it doesn't feel like it would be, opinions? I've read on here the use of probiotic supplements is ok, I drink kombucha, so I am assuming using a high quality probiotic would work...

• Moderators

I don't see how to classify this as anything but SWYPO. It is a cheese substitute and not an ice cream or pancake substitute, but still a substitute for something real. This does not make the cut as something to eat during a Whole30.

I followed the link in the recipe to the sample probiotic. That sample fails too based upon the maltodextrin... basically sugar from corn, potato, or rice starch.

By the way, I really like the recipe author and think she is way cool.

Try it post W30..... But I wouldn't get my hopes up too high.... I'm a chef and I get a lot of Kosher business.... No mixing meat and dairy in the same meal... And I have tried every type of cheese substitute out there with horrible results.... :(

Archived