SO Brand Coconut Creamer

Casey Mulholland

Prior to W30 we used So Delicious creamer, but now we use canned coconut milk. We put the can in the fridge before opening it and the cream solidifies. We transfer the solids to a glass jar and put a scoop into coffee or tea as needed. We save the watery liquids for soups, etc. It's easy, yummy, and much more natural.

I get Aroy-D brand coconut milk since it doesn't have the usual additives in many canned coconut milks, and you can get it in tetra-paks, avoiding any BPA also. They also make a coconut cream (not the sweetened kind) that is even thicker.

I get Aroy-D brand coconut milk since it doesn't have the usual additives in many canned coconut milks, and you can get it in tetra-paks, avoiding any BPA also. They also make a coconut cream (not the sweetened kind) that is even thicker.

Do you know if the coconut cream can be whipped up? And if so, how? I chilled it in the freezer for an hour, but there's no way what I have in the bowl could be whipped. It looks like chilled butter instead of something that will hold itself together.

Lora, I've heard it can, but never tried it myself. I'm a very lazy cook and just use the coconut milk on berries. Have you tried whipping it? The very thick stuff is the way the separated fat in chilled coconut milk looks naturally.

Lora, I've heard it can, but never tried it myself. I'm a very lazy cook and just use the coconut milk on berries. Have you tried whipping it? The very thick stuff is the way the separated fat in chilled coconut milk looks naturally.

I only bought one can of the coconut cream and chilled it to produce the unwhippable substance. I guess I can try just whipping it straight from the can and seeing what happens... Such a waste of all this coconut milk.

Just dump your failed experiments in your coffee Lora.

Personally my coconut milk comes seperated and I gently heat it to mix it, and then store it in a tupperware beaker (LOL, my old "celebrity slim" shaker :huh: ) in the fridge to use in my coffee - it's the consistenecy of pouring cream.

There is a recipe in the cookbook WELL FED that goes over how to whip coconut milk. I was actually gonna try it today. Bought some strawberries and coconut flakes and was planning on putting the whipped coco milk on top for a treat.

I don't have the recipe right here in front of me, but I know she says to put the can in the frig for a few hours. Then actually to put it in the freezer for an additional 15 min or so. Then turn the can upside down when you take it out, open it from the bottom, pour out the less solid parts, and just use the thickest parts for the whipping. Think she says to beat it for 7 minutes or so until it becomes the consistency you want. She also says to add a bit of almond extract or vanilla.

Just dump your failed experiments in your coffee Lora.

Personally my coconut milk comes seperated and I gently heat it to mix it, and then store it in a tupperware beaker (LOL, my old "celebrity slim" shaker :huh: ) in the fridge to use in my coffee - it's the consistenecy of pouring cream.

So all you have to do is heat it after you buy it from the store and then you can keep it in the fridge without it separating back out?

Archived