An impossible task!

Zoodles

Hi everyone, my friend has been doing an anti-candida diet for the past couple of months and it's her birthday this week. Having some experience with "special" diets, I've volunteered to make the cake. ARGH!! Does anyone have a cake recipe with no:

Grains

Dairy

Sugar (at all, no subs like honey etc)

Fruit

It's the no fruit that's making things tricky, I'm thinking I could do some sort of pumpkin/sweet potato cake to try and get a bit of sweetness... Otherwise I may just have to make a frittata lol! :D

• Moderators

How about making a Sugar Scrub and then everyone at the party can rub it on their hands, legs, feet, etc. as part of the party. Put the sugar on the skin where it can do some good! Here is one link I found when I searched on sugar scrubs: http://www.theidearo...ugar-scrub.html

In other words, make something you don't eat!

I made a gorgeous "cake" for my best friends birthday (I am lucky to have a bunch of girlfriends that are as fussy about their food as I am) out of vegetables. It was 3 tiers of cabbage (just cut each end off, peel outer leaves to make each layer smaller, we alternated green purple green and used toothpicks to stabilize it) Then we decorated it with baby carrots and radishes that still had the green tops on and cherry

tomatoes. I think for the top we used a half a beet with top. It was pretty magnificent and I'm pretty sure she teared up when she saw it. Another thing we did for that party was buy a whole stalk of Brussels sprouts and roast it whole in a foil boat. We drizzled garlic ghee all over it and then fashioned a foil swan with wings (we call ourselves the desert swans, but you could make any sculpture out of foil) then we just put a sharp knife out and people cut the Brussels sprouts off themselves and had fun doing so. The other guests at the party would have eaten whatever I'm sure but they all oohed and aaahd and no one missed the sugar or chips or whatever because everything else looked really special.

Xandra- YES to meatloaf cake!!! I forgot that for another friends birthday (the nutritionist that first turned me onto paleo) I made her little meatloaf cupcakes with pureed beet and carrot piped "frosting"

Wow, great ideas everyone! Tom, love that idea, but we'll be at work when we have this cake so although I'd be totally into a mass exfoliation I'm not sure how that would go down with the powers that be :D

Meatloaf or veggie "cake" sounds awesome, and pretty hilarious! I think I might do a couple of layers of that, and make some sort of zucchini-hummus type thing to put in the middle and on the top, then toasted almonds sprinkled all over.... I'm getting into this idea as you can tell haha :P

Thanks everyone!

How about making a Sugar Scrub and then everyone at the party can rub it on their hands, legs, feet, etc. as part of the party. Put the sugar on the skin where it can do some good! Here is one link I found when I searched on sugar scrubs: http://www.theidearo...ugar-scrub.html

In other words, make something you don't eat!

Sounds like a kinky party!!! Better be singing the " I'm to sexy song" while rubbing in the sugar.... LMAO

• 3 weeks later...

Archived