Is there such a thing as too much red meat?

Happy Friday, all!

I've been eating my fair share of chicken, but I also feel like I'm eating more red meat than ever. Is there any danger to that on Whole30 (provided I'm following the meal template)?

I have red meat at least 10 meals a week, since I'll make a big batch of something and live off the leftovers for breakfast or lunch. I'm counting red meat as beef, pork and lamb. (I never bought into pork being "the other white meat". :) )

Red meat is a better choice than chicken, nutritionally. If you can afford grass-fed/organic red meat for most of your meals, more power to you. Mixing it up with lamb, fish, organ meats, eggs, etc is a good idea. That's what I do, with poultry and pork as more occasional options just to keep some variety in my meals.

Thanks, Miss Mary. That's exactly what I thought (forgot to mention I eat a fair share of fish, too!).

Just to support what MM said, Chris Kresser has a whole bunch of info on red meat and why it's superior. In fact just today he sent out a blog about the myths of red meat not being inflamatory as so many people claim. It's as anti inflamatory as fish is. Can't recall if he was only speaking of grass fed. I don't believe he was. It was the crack of dawn when I read it. :0)

Like Derval said, I do like a rotation but I do focus on beef, lamb and seafood.

Archived