Anyone starting Monday the 15th?

Roslyn Murphy

Hello!

I sucessfully completed a whole30, made it to almost 40! Added a few things and was doing great, then caved on Easter and have had a hard time ever since! So, I'm doing it again and this time, NO caving! I have started a fb group page if anyone is interested. We have to be friends for me to add you, but if you want to be part of our whole30, just leave a note! :)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am! I just completed my first W30 (today is day 31) and am ready to go for a second. Cheers on making it to 40! I don't think I'm mentally prepared to do that. But, I know I'll need a few to set everything into place after years of ups and downs, so here we go. I don't use FB very often (for some reason it makes my laptop/iphone freeze up), but do post here pretty frequently. Maybe some would want to do both?

I am! I've been mostly paleo since October, but have noticed undesirable foods creeping back in, so it's time to buckle down and get a good handle on my habits.

Saturday is my 25th birthday, so it's a good time for a new beginning.

I was going to start last weekend to do it the 30 days leading up to my 30th birthday. My husband convinced me to do it after my birthday, but here I am again wanting to start my Whole 30 now. So I'm very tempted to join you and start on Monday. My main concern, however, is my birthday. It's so socially ingrained to have a birthday cake that I don't think my family (parents and husband) will go for no cake, candles, and song. Even typing that I feel like it's just so petty, though. I want to take charge of my health and I want to do it NOW. I think I've basically answered my own question/concern.

I'd love to be part of your Whole 30 group! I know I'll need the support and accountability. And meal ideas. :) I'm hidden on FB because I'm a teacher, so I'll try to add you as a friend.

I'm starting on 15th. Did a W52 at the start of the year. Have fallen off the wagon since, spectacularly to say the least! Have been struggling to get back going again. Even though I felt so amazing when following the plan, I cannot say No to the sugar dragon at the moment.

Have just done meal plans and shopping list so all set for Monday.

Need to re-read ITWF, from front to back!

Kassc, I'm working on my menu/shopping lists right now. I'm having trouble coming up with breakfast ideas. I figure for I'll whip up some eggs in muffin tins to heat up when I get to work. I typically juice for breakfast or grab a Luna bar on my drive to work, so that will probably be my toughest meal to figure out. I know the Whole30 commends getting veggies whole, not juiced, but I might continue this just for ease. I'll have to include some sort of protein, though, or I won't last til lunch.

I figure for I'll whip up some eggs in muffin tins to heat up when I get to work.

These are great to throw meat and veggies in too, and taste good warm/room temp as well. Super portable food for getting in whole veg. I'll be making a few tins myself this weekend to get ready for Monday :). I find I eat a lot of hard boiled eggs as part of a breakfast-on-the-go, so if you like those, another great car food. Leftovers also make great breakfasts, and as a bonus, are hardly any extra work.

Did a W52 at the start of the year....

Have just done meal plans and shopping list so all set for Monday.

Wow, W52! Did you see a lot of changes after that long? I didn't think I noticed much, but after being off for just a few days, it seems every new thing I eat makes me sick. I had already planned on starting again after my first 30, but seeing how ill I've been, I am absolutely happy to get back to it.

Can you share some of your meal ideas? I'm getting a bit in a rut... I'm also re-reading ISWF, so much good stuff in there! :)

I'm starting tomorrow too! I'm in NZ so maybe a day or so ahead of those of you in the States. Ruby, I'm similar to you - did a 30 day paleo challenge with my gym in October and have pretty much been on the wagon since then. But chocolate and sweets are still my downfall. I need to be accountable to a group of similar minded people or I can talk myself into having a treat within a few seconds!

I'm so pleased to join you all as otherwise I'd feel like I was doing the W30 on my own and I'm not sure I'd make it through if that was the case.

Good luck everyone!

Hi MrsJessica, I used leftovers a lot for breakfasts, particularly things like meatballs or bolognaise, with a green salad. If no leftovers, then it is usually eggs which I love. I love 2 boiled eggs with a green salad, peppers, tomatoes, scallions. Check out the mayo in ISWF, it is delish :)

For dinner, I usually have meat and veg / meatballs / bolognaise / curry. When I make meatballs and bolognaise I usually make loads extra and freeze some for emergency use.

Also go thru nomnompaleo.com, great ideas there.

I made some bone broth last night in preparation, had a mug of it and it tastes divine. I used the recipe from ISWF. I reckon a mug of this would be a good emergency snack if needed. Also try to keep some boiled eggs in the fridge.

I know from last time that once the first week was over, it does get easier. So that's why I'm so prepared for the next 7 days :D

Did you see a lot of changes after that long?

Yes I did. Felt fabulous. Looked amazing. And my confidence was through the roof! I'm quite mad at myself that I slipped so easily :(

It had a knock-on effect in my life tbh. I'm a holistic practitioner and a couple of great opportunities were handed to me during this time, maybe it was coincidence, but I really think my confidence and self-happiness had a lot to do with it.

Archived