cold cuts

the only bacon I have ever seen in the United States without sugar is from US Wellness meats (order online) so I skip bacon during a whole30. Prosciutto and Sausages can be easier to find, just read ingredients carefully. Ham is not one I've seen ever, anywhere. Applegate makes some things that work (roast beef, hot dogs) and some that don't (turkey--although maybe the deli sliced stuff is ok while the packaged is not?) I would recommend reading ingredients even if you see a poster claiming a particular brand is ok. Companies change that stuff all the time, and one version might be ok while another is not.

Also a tip: look for sugar, cane syrup, etc. but also carrageenan--carrageenan is a big no for gut health (and the whole30) and it's in a lot of packaged meats.

• 2 years later...
  • Administrators

I ate 2 slices of turkey cold cuts which i found out later was seasoned w/ goya adobo on the outside. is it a start over?

If this is what you had then it should be fine. http://www.amazon.com/Goya-Adobo-Seasoning-8oz/dp/B0005YX1BG

I would check the cold cuts for other non compliant ingredients though, deli meat is notoriously difficult to find without sugar, soy or carrageenan.

Archived