Did I end too soon?!

Valerie

I finished my first W32 last week and was feeling great. I did a proper reintroduction which taught me a lot about how foods affect me - mostly restless nights and tired, lack of energy days. I was thrilled with my results after W30 - 12 pounds and 2 inches plus I was feeling great. I wasn't at tiger blood yet - but I want to be there!

But now I feel like I'm losing control and heading in the wrong direction again. Everyday something (or 2 or 3 things) "bad". I guess I didn't kill my sugar demon! Should I have gone beyond a Whole32 days?

I'm starting Whole25 on Monday so I can do another reset, hopefully lose more pounds and inches and feel good before travelling for memorial day weekend. I want tiger blood!

• Moderators

We all have to decide for ourselves how much we follow the Whole30 eating plan and how much we off road. I measure off roading by servings per week. Some weeks I stay on plan all week. Other weeks I might eat one or two servings of off plan foods. Two or three servings of off plan food per day is probably never going to deliver the kind of health you want to enjoy.

Tom, you are absolutely right - it WILL NOT deliver the results I'm looking for. Every time I gave in to my sugar demon it was a choice, and though I'm disappointed in my choices the past few days, I can choose to reel myself back in.

Any thoughts to why I may not have experienced tiger blood? I was feeling pretty good with level energy levels and no mood swings but never felt that boundless energy that others have experienced. I can only attribute to disturbed sleep. My kids still disrupt my sleep a couple of times a night - but when I was on the whole 30 I fell back to sleep faster.

I think we also have to remember that we're all different and will experience things differently. I find comparisons with other people one of the most unhelpful things out. I came to W30 with an absolute shedload of ongoing health problems and, you may not want to hear this but, :ph34r: I have never experienced 'tiger blood' or boundless energy :ph34r: In fact, having M.E. my energy can be extremely limited.

What I do know is that W30 is the healthiest way I can possibly eat and I have seen improvements, they might seem minor to other people but are pretty major to me. If I was to compare myself with other people, I could get very discouraged and demotivated; it's comparing how I am now, with how I was pre W30 that keeps me motivated and keeps me going.

So celebrate your successes, your results and good luck with your ongoing improvements.

I agree with Kirsteen. I have spent the past two weeks following the end of my whole100 comparing myself, my new eating habits, etc, to everyone else. I have tons of fear surrounding my eating to the point where sometimes I feel obsessed about it. the exact opposite of what I want from this program. so at this point I have to realize that, for ME, I am doing amazing. we all have different goals and standards, what is right for you might not be ok for me.

I needed more than 30 days...and I plan to do another whole30 (never again whole100 - it was too much) 3x a year as a reset. at this point I have had no major off roads, but have used mostly compliant foods to make non-compliant things (muffins, etc) and need to be honest about what I am doing and how it is affecting me. I have also had some 85% dark chocolate (dairy free - dairy was the only thing I re-introduced and had a problem with it, goats milk is ok, so I do have that). can I keep these things in my diet? I don't know. I need to see where it takes me. I have another whole30 coming up in June and can re-evaluate at that point. that being said, I am leaps and bounds farther than I ever thought I could be. if you had told me a year ago that I would be beating myself up for eating muffins made from coconut flour and some honey I would've laughed in your face.

I love Robin's sticky about relaxing and realizing that we don't have to change everything over night. this isn't a race, and it takes time. so I'm trying to relax a bit, eat some muffins in my off time, watch how I feel and emotional how it affects me, and then reset again.

I love Robin's sticky about relaxing and realizing that we don't have to change everything over night. this isn't a race, and it takes time. so I'm trying to relax a bit, eat some muffins in my off time, watch how I feel and emotional how it affects me, and then reset again.

@jtandi. Where do I find robin's sticky that you refer to above?

Archived