the journey of jess

Jtandi

SO tired today. yesterday was a frickin awesome CF work out (fight gone bad) that left me exhausted, the problem was that I went to the 4-5 class, picked my daughter up straight from there at 5:30, had a meeting at her school at 6, had to stop and get my other daughter on the way and grab them something to eat. unfortunately I didn't get myself anything. so dinner was a chocolate bar I had bought earlier in the day at TJs. for the love of god, did I do this just a week or two ago!? sheesh. lunch was at Chipotle and it was great, I had some tortilla chips and got the veggies and chicken on my salad, even at the dressing. it was delicious. I was so excited to have something there other than the carnitas.

today was another awesome CF workout - 200 singles, 10 DU, 5 burpees, 150 singles, 10 DU, 10 burpees, 100 singles 10 DU, 15 burpees, 50 singles, 10 DU, 20 burpees, then back up ending in 200 singles 10 DU. took me over 25 minutes to complete and I could not hit a single frickin DU to save my life, I was about to lose it. I came home with just a few minutes before I had to rush off to get dd from school so a big bowl of butternut squash soup and spicy sausage was my dinner. I had some chocolate. and then I was so happy to eat tonight - burgers with lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado, and asparagus on the side. I threw on a piece of cheddar cheese...I know I shouldn't have. but I just really really wanted cheese tonight. I know the problems it gives me, I know the aura and feeling like I'm going to have a seizure. but I just really wanted that cheese. super intense therapy appointment today...maybe that was it.

anyways, I got some coconut milk ice cream the other day and might have some. not quite sure. I was sure I was going to have some before I ate dinner, not I'm not really feeling it. that's how it goes when I eat a good dinner with some healthy fat.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ended up eating another burger last night since I still felt hungry...and then had some of the ice cream. it was really good...but here's the problem. I ate more today. and I felt full/nauseated/bloated/but super hungry. this was around noon. tonight I just didn't want to eat anything particular, had a few shrimp, avocado, some salsa and plantain chips, then had some more ice cream. it was food without breaks for sure for me, but I am feeling even worse now. bloated, nauseated, starving (specifically for something carb heavy like bread or pasta)...then I looked at the ingredients: carrageenan. I am sure this is it. my heart feels a bit racy, I feel shaky, and super bad abdominal discomfort (not really like GI diarrhea, just discomfort).

Hope you recover quick Jess.

I'm suffering from sugar/junk withdrawal today... I just feel hungry all the time. Determined to not cave and eat non compliant or coffee or cocoa but may need to eat extra eggs, tuna, avocado, fruit nuts etc today to get through... Sigh.

Ice cream makes me sick... Never thought about it being the carrageenan.....

Jess do you know carrageenan has that effect?

Curious. There is a coconut milk based ice cream in my freezer. I ate a spoonful last night and it also has carrageenan. Hmm. Maybe I didn't eat enough to get a reaction. I ask bc it's a nice occasional treat for me. Or, I want it to be. :)

it's all I can think of that's different. I've seen Tom post many times about the horrors of carageenen and I looked it up a bit last night and read what Melissa and Dallas have ssaid and that's the conclusion I came to. it was just such an odd feeling - one I've felt pre-whole30 but not since. I've had sugar (I still have some chocolate every day) and there's not really anything else in there.

check it out and let me know what you guys think.

http://www.cornucopia.org/CornucopiaAnalysisofCarrageenanHealthImpacts042612.pdf

http://planthungry.blogspot.com/2012/02/beware-of-carrageenan.html

Beets - I was fine when it was just a couple bites...it was eating the recommended serving (probably 1/2 cup) that gave me serious issues.

went to a friend's house tonight for a graduation party. this was at the end of a pretty good day. standard breakfast, then lunch was some chicken and gravy pulled out of the freezer. man I LOVE nomnom's recipe. I am planning on making it again tomorrow or Monday. ate some ribs and chicken at the party, and strawberries and grapes. it was as close as I could get to staying compliant. he made a wood oven in his back yard to make pizza's in. so everyone else was making their own pizza. which is AMAZING in that brick oven, but none for me :( I passed on the cake, too. home and my usual chocolate before bed, still hungry so had a lara bar. have to get to the farmer's market tomorrow as I have zero veggies in my house...actually I think I have a cauliflower but that's it.

oye God, the chocolate...luves me some

I made some banana muffins the other day. I'm the only one who has been eating them. they're not great, maybe that's why I haven't binged on them. but I do eat them when I'm not hungry - they are contributing to mindless snacking.

I made some good food this week - more pork ribs. these aren't compliant since the sauce has some honey and molasses in it, but I froze 1/2 of it for after my whole30.

I'm certainly noticing my mind change from maintaining to "OH MY GOD I'm GOING TO DO A WHOLE30 IN LESS THAN A WEEK!" so I know there will be some off road excursions, especially since it's hubby's birthday tomorrow.

Archived