Day 16 and low energy

Hi, I wonder if someone could give me a hint.

I am on day 16 and have been pretty much following the program.

BF 2 eggs in ghee/steamed veg with herbs/a handful of nuts

Lunch is usually dinner from last night ... could be chicken cooked in spices and coconut milk and min 1 cup of vegetable zucchini/carrots/broccoli. I work out 3-4 times a week doing interval training and 1/2 sessions of weight training.

My energy level is getting worse by the day and I am feeling sleepy by 4pm.

I am also taking a magnesium supplement for waking up at 3.00am most nights... I only started last night.

Is there something that I am not doing right?

As Susan said it's hard to answer without a true picture of what you're eating but a couple of things stand out to me. First off, again as Susan said for breakfast 2 eggs isn't really a lot. If it were me, I'd have more protein, be sure to get enough fat and plenty of veg for breakfast. Breakfast really sets you up for the day. Personally I don't ever find nuts very helpful, I'd rather have some starchy veg like plantains or sweet potatoes. I don't really see them anywhere in what you're eating.

Again, how much chicken are you having and one cup of veg really isn't much and again how much fat are you getting? I would revisit the meal template http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf and make absolutely sure you're getting enough fat, protein (a wide range of protein is best) and including starchy veg for energy.

Two eggs is pretty small. I eat 2 with a sausage patty and 2-3 cups of veg and I am a small woman. Also, are you eating enough fat?

I also cannot make it to lunch on two eggs. I need some other protein, preferably beef or pork.

That said, I'm on Day 31 and still don't have a ton if energy. Day 16 is pretty early, especially f you're coming from a SAD. Many people are not feeling awesome till the last week. In my case, I was chronically sleep-deprived and suspect substantial gut damage and adrenal fatigue. But you might just not be eating enough fat and protein at breakfast. I would stir those veggies around in some fat or add avocado or olives, etc.

Archived