Cranky and Blue

bi0nicw0man

Day 20 was terrible for me. I woke up in a sad sad sad mood and was just irritable overall.

So far I'm frustrated with W30 because I keep waiting for all of this extra energy everyone talks about, and if anything I'm more lethargic than ever. I have lost most of my workout motivation, and when I do go I don't have my usual interest or vigor. I sleep WAY more...and not really much better. And my moods have leaned way more towards agitated or cranky than towards happy.

I can say that the positives are that I've certainly lost a few pounds/inches, my cravings have been minimal, and aside from a few incidents where I learned that apple chips are a food without brakes I've rocked the food template and choices. I've made it through several social situations now and turned down every office treat that has passed my desk.

But honestly the way I felt on Saturday made me feel like this whole thing isn't worth it. I don't care about a few pounds if I'm going to be depressed, miserable and no fun to be around. I'm very lucky my boyfriend is understanding and I can just tell him my situation because I've been a lacklustre pain in the ass for about 3 weeks now.

I 'think' I feel better today. I faked it yesterday....got out in the sun and hit a couple of golf balls, but at the end of the day I was still tired and blue.

Anyone else have this situation? With only 10 days left in my W30 I don't want to give up but I sure feel like I should be feeling way more positive at this point.

• Moderators

What makes you think giving up at this point would make you feel more positive?

I'm on day 28 and I still haven't felt the magic. I also don't feel like I've lost any weight. But I'm giving it the full 30 days and more because I've seen other positive effects and I believe 30 days isn't long enough to heal all the things I want to heal.

Do you eat sweet potatoes or any other starchy vegetables? A lot of people have said if they skip those, they are really lacking in the energy department. For some people, the W30 is really a roller coaster, and sometimes it takes the whole 30 days or even a little longer for certain issues to work themselves out. I hope you start feeling better soon!

Conversely, I often reach for a sweet pot with my breakfast because I have them cooked and I don't want to eat late. But I find that any carby stuff in the am can set me up for a low-energy day. (Unless I am working out in the am.)

I also had low energy till pretty much Day 29. My husband was like, "You've been sick since you started this diet!" Even when my day started out well, by 4pm I was dragging.

My gut is need of serious repair so I gotta figure 30 days will not heal all wounds. ;)

Conversely, I often reach for a sweet pot with my breakfast because I have them cooked and I don't want to eat late. But I find that any carby stuff in the am can set me up for a low-energy day. (Unless I am working out in the am.)

Good point. I've been eating them in the morning because it seems the best combo to keep me full (with 2 eggs, a green veggie, and a good portion of fat) but maybe I should try pushing the yams to dinner and adding an extra egg or something to breakfast.

A few days have passed and seeminly the crankies have gone away. I've been really busy at work so my mind is occupied, but hopefully this was just the third week crazies. :) I guess I'll know if I wake up on the right side of the bed this Saturday.

Archived