Magnesium supplement ?

We couldn't find the powdered magnesium citrate so we got 200mg tablets. We both started by taking half a tablet at night for the first four days-I have no problems, even after upping it to one 200mg tablet each night for the last five nights-but my husband seems to be having "bathroom issues".

Wondering if it's the magnesium that are bugging him? He has stayed with 100mg and even skipped night 5 & 7 to see if that would help?

It could just be the fact that he's eating WAY more vegetables than he ever has-or maybe nuts? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks!

• Moderators

Could be the magnesium and the increase of veggies and nuts. His gut make take a few weeks to grow everything it needs to handle what he is eating. He might get a little help from Now Foods Super Enzymes to help with digestion, but I don't think that will fix things overnight.

He may want to consider adding calcium. The two go hand in hand, and the calcium can help balance out the stools. If I recall, they work best in a 2:1 ratio, though I don't recall which one has more. If you look at any calcium/magnesium combos, you'll see.

Archived