Soda-which is worst

FWIW, I don't consume artificial sweeteners and I am pretty sure extra sodium is added to things that have them. FWIW.

Not that any of that matters on W30.

I think it may be kombucha time. :-)

Susan, what's sassy water and did your signature change?

Oh Nico, sassy water is so good. You take a jug of water (those sun tea jars with a spigot are good) and put cucumbers, lime slices, mint or cilantro...what ever sounds good in the water. It is so nice and refreshing.

I love the coconut and just noticed the slw change on another thread.

Love the sassy water. My dog walker has a hydration issue and I just sent her a link of all sorts of fruit, veg, and herb combos. I do OK with water most of the time. :-)

• Moderators

The Whole9 tradition is that we don't talk about less bad, that if you don't want good, you are on your own with less bad. I waver in my adherence to the tradition, but when it comes to soda, I don't think there is any such thing as less bad.

I have seen this very question discussed numerous times and the answer is always "avoid artificial sweeteners like the plague". I would take that a step further and add avoid high fructose corn syrup like the plague. So coke and diet coke are out- pretty much all of Big Soda brands. That said, I have seen brands like Blue Sky that use regular sugar and while drinking sugar is never a good thing it most certainly is a quantifiable less bad than artificial and HFCS IMO.

Sorry this should've gone in the post 30 section. Of course I meant after my whole30! I know I know that stuff is bad for me, but I said if I want to occasionally I want to know which is worst. So thank you Moluv for your answer!

Archived