day 15 and I'm over this

I'm on day 15 and the great results I was seeing - flatter stomach, less eczema, happier mood, more motivation etc have plateaued.

I know this is normal but I'm feeling pretty bleughhh about it. My food bill is a bit more expensive for example and I'm getting a bit resentful of the whole programme :huh:

Someone give me a kick up the bum?

I miss my wine.

So what made you decide to do Whole30 in the first place? I gather you've been through the program before, there must be something that brought you back. And if you've done it before, you know that even though you've plateaued at day 15, things can get even better before the 30 days are up. My significant other is completing his first Whole30 (I'm on my 3rd). He misses his craft beer. I keep reminding him that it will be there for him at the end of the 30 days. He's not missing out on anything special between now & then. And it's the same for your wine. You can do this.

I've seen you around the forum, so I know you're far from a newbie. I think of Day 21 - I Am So Over This and Days 10-12 - The Hardest Days. Sounds like you've hit a nice, nasty mix of both. No wonder you're over it. 

Day 12 here and I miss my wine, too. I miss my peanut butter cups. I even miss stuff I don't necessarily eat regularly! Point is - I feel you. 

Sometimes this keeps me going: I committed to 30 days. How much have I already invested in this? How many glasses of wine (or peanut butter cups, or pieces of pumpkin pie, or WHATEVER) have I already sacrificed for the sake of kicking booty in this program? How much extra $$ have I already invested in the form of healthier food? Is it really worth it to throw in the towel now, when I've already invested so much? Heck no!! You're halfway through. Finish it. 

I say pout. Get upset. Be over it. Throw a little tantrum - whatever you need to do, but stick with it and don't waste what you've already invested. You wouldn't quit a job before collecting your paycheck, don't quit your Whole30 before getting to the finish line. 

Agree! This is my third Whole30, and I usually don't see the best results until the last week or so. In fact, this time I'm planning on a Whole45 to see if I can reap any more rewards...

Figure out what your treats are. This is the first Whole30 where I've had LaCroix, and I LOVE it. If I'm at a party and feeling left out, I drink one, and it feels like a special treat. No sugar, not sweet, but a psychological trick so that I feel better. Better yet: a non-food treat? A pedicure? A new lotion for the eczema (I love the Aveeno eczema formula, personally)? A great book? A new TV show?

1 hour ago, decker_bear said:

I've seen you around the forum, so I know you're far from a newbie. I think of Day 21 - I Am So Over This and Days 10-12 - The Hardest Days. Sounds like you've hit a nice, nasty mix of both. No wonder you're over it. 

Day 12 here and I miss my wine, too. I miss my peanut butter cups. I even miss stuff I don't necessarily eat regularly! Point is - I feel you. 

Sometimes this keeps me going: I committed to 30 days. How much have I already invested in this? How many glasses of wine (or peanut butter cups, or pieces of pumpkin pie, or WHATEVER) have I already sacrificed for the sake of kicking booty in this program? How much extra $$ have I already invested in the form of healthier food? Is it really worth it to throw in the towel now, when I've already invested so much? Heck no!! You're halfway through. Finish it. 

I say pout. Get upset. Be over it. Throw a little tantrum - whatever you need to do, but stick with it and don't waste what you've already invested. You wouldn't quit a job before collecting your paycheck, don't quit your Whole30 before getting to the finish line. 

I'm glad I read this. I'm only on day 7 and I'm doing just fine but 4 days before the September Whole30 is complete I'm going to Oktoberfest. I already considered ending my 30 day challenge a little earlier to enjoy some beer, but after almost a month of hard work, why stop just days before completing? I can't believe it, but I'll probably go to Oktoberfest, not have a single beer, AND have pre-prepped meals with me. WHO AM I!? This commitment is worth giving up indulgences for only 30 days.

Only advice I can offer is to keep  on trucking.  I've battled for years with unhealthy food habits and a desire for instant results when I did manage to get control.  This is my second W30 and I feel 100 times better than before.  I feel so much calmer, less anxiety, and overall healthier.  I work hard to avoid food boredom by trying two new foods and recipes a week and make up spice rubs so make the usual suspects more interesting.  I keep going (day 72 of a W90) because I value me and my health above a bagel or chocolate.  Good luck and hope you can avoid the siren song of the chewit!

I doubt it would be acceptable according to "the spirit" of the program to recreate a treat you want in a compliant manner..  but if it's the difference between breaking track or maneuvering forward, well, I have my opinions of which is better.

If it's ice cream you're craving, I'd recommend slicing up some banana and freezing it.  I haven't blended them before (since they're so darn delicious as is) but I'm sure that would be great as well.  If you want to get all fancy perhaps you could top it with a homemade nut butter--I'm in love with simple toasted hazelnut + sea salt (optional: cinnamon for sweetness).  Also, I saw a pinterest post that blended frozen pineapple with coconut milk for a treat (considering trying that in the future).

I'm only on day 13.. have been content thus far, gratefully, but I hope your mood pans out for the better.  Best of luck, sincerely!

8 hours ago, CoffeeBean said:

I doubt it would be acceptable according to "the spirit" of the program

Eating chunks of frozen banana is fine. Eating blended chunks of frozen banana (or any other fruit for that matter, with or without additional ingredients) is not fine.

From the official 'Can I Have...?':

Paleo Ice Cream (YoNanas): No

This. Is. Ice. Cream. Unlike plain frozen fruit, or fruit blended into ice cubes, the only purpose of this confection is to replicate the taste, texture and reward sensation of ice cream. (Don’t tell us you’d get the same satisfaction from a frozen banana because we call your bluff.) Plus the addition of cocoa, nut butters, nuts, or other fruits to your creamy concoction… this is straight SWYPO, and it’s off-limits during your Whole30.

On 9/13/2016 at 4:26 AM, foursimplewords said:

thank you...I'm at work and there's currently fudge and marshmallows in the office...nooooo......

You and I are peas in a pod right now, I swear... A co-worker has Nilla Wafers on her desk. I don't even like those things, but I'm drawn to them, craving them. And the smell of French fries from my other neighboring office (normally could care less about fries)... and homemade cookies (okay, that one is actually a weakness). I just want to Eat All The Bad Things. 

Be tough!! Supposedly Tiger Blood is on the horizon... :ph34r:

13 hours ago, decker_bear said:

You and I are peas in a pod right now, I swear... A co-worker has Nilla Wafers on her desk. I don't even like those things, but I'm drawn to them, craving them. And the smell of French fries from my other neighboring office (normally could care less about fries)... and homemade cookies (okay, that one is actually a weakness). I just want to Eat All The Bad Things. 

Be tough!! Supposedly Tiger Blood is on the horizon... :ph34r:

meet you at the mental happy place!!

Archived