Whole30 JUNE GROUP (:

Mrsfrosty

And are others experiencing extremely loose stools?  This has been happening since yesterday, my Day 6. 

Dawn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dawn - my stools are fine but the weird thing is that I am seeing something not normal for me in mine - what looks to be corn but I haven't eaten corn in AGES - could it be that my system is truly cleaning out or maybe my body isn't digesting everything???

Kelly - interesting - I have had some meals where my appetite wasn't totally 'there' and ate what I could. I have read on some paleo blog posts that this happens. Listen to your body. Some people aren't hungry and skip a meal. I have read that this is totally fine - listen to your body - its a good learning experience!

Ok - so I just licked an envelope - is envelope glue 'W30 compliant'?? teehee!! 

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok - so I just licked an envelope - is envelope glue 'W30 compliant'?? teehee!! 

Buttercup: Thanks...yes, that is one of the key reasons for my doing the Whole30..is to learn to listen to my body...haven't for years...don't know how to anymore..so am making note and learning.  Thanks for your response.

RE your envelope glue..LOL!

Kelly

Yesterday was my day 8. My usual cardio workout is 60 minutes at the gym.  I started becoming worn out at the 30 minute mark, so I went to 45 minutes.

Had the BEST Whole30 meal yet for dinner last night. Morrocan meatballs over mashed cauliflower: YUM-O!  Flavorful and tasty! http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2009/03/05/mmmmm-moroccan-meatballs/

Surprised to discover that Progresso chicken broth, while gluten-free, has SUGAR in it (boo). Picked up some Trader Joe's Organic Free Range Chicken Broth which is both gluten-free and sugar-free. http://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article.asp?article_id=242  (note: TJ's other chicken broth contains sugar).

Kelly, I went through a few days of "do I have to eat?  I hate food!"  also known as the "kill all the things" period. Maybe this is where you are with the "tired of eating?"  Or maybe you've eaten enough, without being stuffed?

Kelly, I went through a few days of "do I have to eat?  I hate food!"  also known as the "kill all the things" period. Maybe this is where you are with the "tired of eating?"  Or maybe you've eaten enough, without being stuffed?

Thanks Terresa....you're right...maybe that's the stage that I'm at.....or maybe with all these veggies and healthy eating, another friend suggested that my body is starting to let me know when/when not to eat....experiment in progress!

And are others experiencing extremely loose stools?  This has been happening since yesterday, my Day 6. 

Dawn

Dawn - my stools are fine but the weird thing is that I am seeing something not normal for me in mine - what looks to be corn but I haven't eaten corn in AGES - could it be that my system is truly cleaning out or maybe my body isn't digesting everything???

Hmmm... I noticed the same thing and I have not eaten corn in ages. Could it be nuts? Or the increased fat intake causing things to move along that have been stuck for a while?? :wacko:

Everyone sounds like they're doing GREAT! I have something "weird" to share...weird for me, anyway:

I have always been a food-focused person..then on diets, scales, weight loss mode for 12 years. Came into Whole 30...all new concept to me. Jumped in.

Here we are at Day 6. So far, feeling good (headaches day 2 and 3), tired, but overall, no cravings at all and am actually, surprisingly, doing OK with transitioning from constant meals/snacks to just 3 meals a day, approx 6:15 a.m., 12:15 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. and that's it (was previsously a huge after dinner snacker/dessert freak).

Have not worked out this week.  Will resume my workouts Saturday (beginning of week 2 on Whole30).

Well, I have been following Whole 30 meals for 5 full days...hungry, eating according to the template. Granted, 3 meals a day, but larger meals to keep me going til the next...but this morning, something happened. I have been a lifetime member of the clean plate club...at home and in restaurants. I could literally count the number of times I actually brought food home from a restaurant, as I usually finish everything.

This a.m. I had my breakfast (Whole 30) in front of me....yam, chicken breast, brussells sprouts and ghee......somewhat hungry but not super hungy.....ate it.....and as I ate, I noticed I started playing with my food...pushing it around the plate like a kid would do. Then I actually had the thought "I'm kind of TIRED OF EATING"...isn't that weird? Tired of eating???? Really??? So I put part of the yam back in a container for another time and ate the brussells sprouts/ghee but left a little chicken...and threw that out.

I know in some earlier posts I saw that some folks weren't very hungry.....but today I was actually feeling "tired of eating"....WEIRD!  May not be that way at lunch...or dinner...or tomorrow...but this morning's experience was so bizarre and foreign to me!

Any thoughts?

Kelly

I have felt at times that I'm tired of eating only because it takes a lot longer to eat real food than it does to inhale the crap!

But if your body is adjusting and telling you you've had enough that's awesome!

Buttercup - sunbutter is the brand name for the type of sunflower seed butter i got, the Organic kind is whole 30 compliant. it's quite thick, I actually salt it with my banana rather than let it pretend to be sweet, which it isn't really (although the kind i used to get at TJ's was super sweet).

Re: tired of eating. Yes, totally takes more work to chew. Meals feel like they last longer too. At dinner when I get tired I just stop eating the carbiest thing (sweet potato, plantain, turnip) but finish the rest. During the day I am trying to eat everything i serve myself under the premise that I may not be able to trust my signals yet. I was a huge snacker (like planned my day around snacktimes and ate something probably every two hours if not more frequently) so i want to be sure to eat enough that i don't have to snack in between. trying to keep my meals to 7:30, 1/1:30, 7:30/8 (for a bedtime between 11-12, this seems to be how our schedule breaks down).

So glad I'm not the only one who is tired of eating. I am so over it today and almost quit. Told my husband last night that I kind of miss the simplicity of just having a simple sandwich. All the meal planning in a bit tiring right now. Probably just my "kill all the things phase"as well.

Also, still really tired and having trouble getting out of bed in the morning. Sure wish that would end.

I started June 3rd so I'm on Day 4. So glad the hangover period is over, such terrible headaches.

I'm noticing that if my meal time gets pushed back I'm starving and cranky until I get some food in me. I'm trying not to snack but it's hard when I can't eat on time. It's usually a piece of fruit, banana yesterday, grapefruit today. That's ok right? I'm eating pretty big meals but I can bump it up if need be.

Jesus I'm not sure I'll ever be tired of eating  :lol: - I wish!  

Today was better than yesterday but I felt a bit irritable at times.  There was a 'bake-off' in work today.  Can you believe it!  My company is split between 2 buildings and it was one building against the other.  My department is right beside the canteen which meant that people were walking past me all day laden down with delicious looking stuff exclaiming how good it was. FFS!  I managed to resist but it was a real effort. I found myself wishing I were at the smug, amn't I wonderful and healthy phase but that I fear is far in the future. 

Another day down anyway.  On to tomorrow.  When should I expect the rages?

I love that it takes longer to eat this way! It makes meals times so much more enjoyable when I can sit down to a good nom session and it last 20-30 minutes or so, as opposed to 5 minutes of inhaling food that leaves me feeling like, wow was that it?! I'm so much more satisfied, perhaps because I've never been tired of eating lol!

Today was better than yesterday but I felt a bit irritable at times.  There was a 'bake-off' in work today.  Can you believe it!  My company is split between 2 buildings and it was one building against the other.  My department is right beside the canteen which meant that people were walking past me all day laden down with delicious looking stuff exclaiming how good it was. FFS!  I managed to resist but it was a real effort. I found myself wishing I were at the smug, amn't I wonderful and healthy phase but that I fear is far in the future. 

Way to go! That must have been hard! But you did it, yay you :D

I started June 3rd so I'm on Day 4. So glad the hangover period is over, such terrible headaches. I'm noticing that if my meal time gets pushed back I'm starving and cranky until I get some food in me. I'm trying not to snack but it's hard when I can't eat on time. It's usually a piece of fruit, banana yesterday, grapefruit today. That's ok right? I'm eating pretty big meals but I can bump it up if need be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you're hungry between meals, first try drinking something like water (even sparkling) or tea to see if that satisfies you. If not, they recommend a "mini-meal" of  a protein and fat. Fruit should really only be consumed as part of your meal, not by itself on its own.

Dawn

Hmmm... I noticed the same thing and I have not eaten corn in ages. Could it be nuts? Or the increased fat intake causing things to move along that have been stuck for a while?? :wacko:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dawn - Glad I'm not the only one seeing funky things in the stool! I was eating cashews then pistachios which I have stopped because they give me gas so it could be the nuts working their way out ;) Will keep an eye on it and see what changes come up in the next few days. 

I am also tired of eating - I'm not even consciously chewing more and taking longer to eat my meals but its happening - weird. I guess the brain is signaling me to stop when I'm satieted so I am eating slower to get the signal? I just had my first ever taste of ghee - I am in heaven!! I think that stuff is going on/in everything from now on!! I may have to get an industrial sized jar or learn how to make my own!

Murph - good job resisting all the treats!! We had a happy hour 'meeting' at an Italian place - I drank my water and left after an hour - felt good to walk away without even a glass of wine!

So glad I'm not the only one who is tired of eating. I am so over it today and almost quit. Told my husband last night that I kind of miss the simplicity of just having a simple sandwich. All the meal planning in a bit tiring right now. Probably just my "kill all the things phase"as well.

Also, still really tired and having trouble getting out of bed in the morning. Sure wish that would end.

I can sympathize - I've been paleo for about 10 months now and still get major hankerings for sandwiches (my ol' favorite)! A sandwich represents so much to me - basically a whole childhood of school packed lunches, picnics, bbqs, college meals...anyways! it's only been 10 months vs a lifetime! It's gonna take a while :)

What helped me was wrapping things up in lettuce leaves (kinda like Korean BBQ) - I find some good meat or eggs and veggies and wrap it up in a lettuce leaf for a meal made quickly. Can get a little messy though.. ;)

Hooray, I found you guys!

I'm on day 6, and feeling pretty sleepy. Day 1- fine, day 2- headache, day 3- THOUGHT I WAS DYING I even took a sick day! day 4 - 5 feeling good, but sleepy on day 6.

I am so glad I signed up for the daily emails, because each one seems tailored to me. I read them in bed after my alarm goes off to "wake myself up" and I just laugh and think "oh good! this is normal!"

I've been getting an upset stomach after eating my tahini/zucchini "hummus" so I think I'll throw it out even though it is compliant. I'm also missing my wine, but sparkling water with fresh lime *in a wine glass* seems to work ok.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi. :)

Re: And are others experiencing extremely loose stools?  This has been happening since yesterday, my Day 6.

Only yesterday (day 5) and today and only after lunch. Yesterday I thought maybe the shrimp was bad. Today, same result. I'm wondering if it's my 1.5 hour workout. Lunch is 2-3 hours after I finish and I don't see the connection. Fortunately, as soon as it passes (literally), I'm fine; no residual intestinal pains or anything. Guess I'll see what tomorrow brings...

Others?

Thanks for everyone's comments/support re the "tired of eating" thing....never thought that was possible. LOL

At work right now, quick check in....just got back from teh Chili cook off/BBQ that our department hosted. We were at the park at 10:30 a.m. and just got back around 2:00 p.m.  They all had chili (4 different ones), homemade cornbread, BBQ chicken, salad, fruit salad, cookies and sodas....

I had my salad...romaine, baby spinach, balsamic vinegar, bay shrimp, avocado, zucchini, bell peppers, mango....and a mineral water. I am having iced coffee with cocnut milk now...then dinner tonight. I feel fantastic. Not tempted at all.....and no one tried to pressure me into eating...a few folks commented, but when I told them about Whole 30....they left me alone (:

I routinely get tired of eating, cooking, shopping, feeding my child, feeding my husband, reading recipes, and dealing with food in general.  I'm not there right now-it usually hits me around day 22.  But I totally know how some of you are feeling and I think it's totally normal.  In fact, what I've gathered from reading this site for a year is that just about everything is normal when we are detoxing and changing the way we eat, think live...

Almost to the end of week 1!  Yippee!!

.....and no one tried to pressure me into eating...a few folks commented, but when I told them about Whole 30....they left me alone (:

-------------

How do you explain it to them when you only have one or two sentences to do so? I'm struggling with that a bit, because I can't always go into the whole explanation. I usually go with, "I'm on a strict elimination diet to try to deal with some longstanding health issues... allergies and stuff." I feel like this isn't entirely accurate, though. How 'bout the rest of you? How are you explaining this to people when you don't have a lot of time to do so?

How do you explain it to them when you only have one or two sentences to do so? I'm struggling with that a bit, because I can't always go into the whole explanation. I usually go with, "I'm on a strict elimination diet to try to deal with some longstanding health issues... allergies and stuff." I feel like this isn't entirely accurate, though. How 'bout the rest of you? How are you explaining this to people when you don't have a lot of time to do so?

That's basically what I am saying as well...on a 30 day "elimination type eating plan...no x, y, z" ...they haven't actually asked "why" yet...

Archived