Jelly belly - what's your best guess?

GoJo09

In a completely non-scientific re-intro, I've had a few things in the past few days, none of which gave me any GI or instant issues so I just trundled along adding more things, but as of this morning I have the jelly belly from hell and no idea which of the things I've eaten may have caused it.

Obviously I can cut everything out and add it in again bit by bit, but just wanted to get people's best guess as to what could have caused it.

So, my list of possible culprits:

Organic dark chocolate (had on Saturday or Sunday, can't remember which. I did get a little bit of acne that I'm blaming on this)

Corn thins (Have had quite a few since Sunday. Ingredients are organic maize, sesame and sea salt)

Peanut butter (100% peanuts. Spread on the corn thins for extra deliciousness :) )

Glass of wine (this was last night)

Greek yoghurt (a big spoonful this morning. No added anything, just the usual milk and probiotics in the ingredients list)

Hit me with your opinions!

Oh, I forgot I had rice too on Tuesday lunch and Wednesday dinner, in an Afro-Latin coconut chicken curry that probably had numerous other ingredients.

What a mess! There's really no way of figuring this out, is there...

I'd say there is no way to tell :( . I had  jelly belly on Monday but I have no idea if the wedding cake and frosting or the dinner roll were to blame. I was a bit furious with myself for having the cake. At least if I had just the roll I could rule out wheat.

I'm curious to see what others say too.

Yeah, I'd say there's no way of determining the culprit here.

Maybe go back to eating Whole30 for 4 days (or longer, if that's what's needed to calm your belly), and then try reintroducing one food group at a time, once every 3-4 days.

The day you reintroduce a group, have a serving of the test item in question at every meal. For example, for dairy day, you might have cream in your coffee at breakfast, greek yogurt at lunch, and cheese at dinner.  Then stay Whole30 for the next 3 days, no reintros and no more dairy, to see if/how you react.

I think it was probably a combo of all of them together :) . I reintro'd dairy properly after my first W30, and know that milk gives me an upset stomach, but this was just a flabby tummy rather than any kind of GI upset.

I didn't know what you meant by "jelly belly" at first but taken literally as flab, well that happens to me too. Bit I don't get it from just one thing, it seems to be the grains/sugar/alcohol trifecta- which are actually ALL SUGAR.

It could be all of the things or any one of them individually. +1 for no way to tell.

I feel your pain. I've screwed up all of my reintros. Though I have, on different occasions, had reactions to just dairy, just chocolate, just grains, just coffee.

In America we have a brand of jelly beans called Jelly Belly, which is what I *thought* this was going to be about. Imagine my disappointment...

I thought it was about re-introducing Jelly Bellies too!  ;)

Haha, we have Jelly Belly beans too - which I stay a long, long way away from, due to my inability to eat just 1 lolly, Plus, they have far too many gross flavours - who wants to eat a fake coconut flavoured jelly bean when you could have coconut butter?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Annie B

Hilarious... actual Jelly Belly Beans, have historically been my 'favorite' comfort food. Straight sugar crack to the head. (and teeth and stomach). Alas, I have been off the Beans for sometime now. 

Archived