If I choose a little dairy or just a sorbet even off-plan, is there such a thing without all the awful extras?

I looked at TCBY, Pinkberry, which I love, Orange Leaf and Coldstone Creamery. My favorite Pinkberry seems to be the least sinful, but they still throw in rice starch at the end.

Why on earth do any of these treats need all that crap in them? Just for filler and save money?

Regardless, has anyone found a good option - even if it's in the frozen section at the store?

Thanks!!!

Red Mango seems to be a place that has the least nasties from my research but still not great.

I own an ice cream maker so I just make my own. There are lots of great Paleo/primal ice cream recipes out there on the webs. 

I imagine homemade is the best option. I did find a gelato at a local chocolate shop that is all natural, and because the servings are very small and very expensive, they don't seem to bother my tummy like any other ice cream does when I am off-roading....

• 1 month later...

Haagen Dazs will probably be your best shot. Examples:

Vanilla bean ingredients: cream, skim milk, sugar, egg yolks, ground vanilla beans, vanilla extract.

Vanilla: cream, skim milk, sugar, egg yolks, vanilla extract.

Strawberry: cream, skim milk, strawberries, sugar, egg yolks.

Best you'll do commercially, I think.

I believe Breyer's brand has all natural ingredients (I have not checked this myself, so please nobody string me up by my toes if I'm wrong). Also, I have found a brand of ice cream made with coconut milk and no other junk in it, the So Delicious brand. I have only found them in pints, but they're pretty delicious for post-W30!

Breyers is no longer a good ice cream. Check out mouseprint.org.  They just posted Breyers now dilutes their so-called ice cream and added more sugar and salt than the previous blend and use ice milk instead of cream.  Their product no longer lists "all natural" ingredients.  

Archived