Is self made natural organic deodorant good to use.

Hello..
it is a fact that in present time most of the deodorant contain  harsh chemical compounds,which can seriously harm your body skin..So that i am looking for selfmade natural organic deodorant that can help to keep me fresh all day long.

And i am also interested in this cause many different people have there own kind of home making technique and review are quite good then they expected..

I am not very used to it... but i want to try it once..so what is better for this.

I was a hard sell on switching to a more natural deodorant because I sweat a lot! However I switched to primal pit paste several months ago and after a short adjustment period I love it! I rarely find that I can out-stink it and I find that I don't "pit out" regularly anymore. Some of that may also be from dietary changes but I also think that antiperspirants make things worse and force dependence.

Here's a couple recipes, I haven't tried them yet though. http://wellnessmama.com/1523/how-to-make-natural-deodorant-beating-the-b-o-with-natural-deo

I use the spray-on liquid mineral salts that they sell commercially. I have an unscented one that just looks like water, but I kid you not, at the end of the day there is NO SMELL from my pits at all. I don't stink that much to begin with, nor do I sweat a whole lot, but at the end of a hot summer day, I can stick my nose in my armpit and smell nothing, absolutely nothing.

This is the kind I'm using now (it was cheaper and in a bigger bottle than the other stuff I'd been using that is scented) http://www.amazon.com/Thai-Deodorant-Stone-Crystal-Mist/dp/B0014ZPZX2/ref=pd_sim_hpc_3

and this is one I've used in the past that has scent added http://www.amazon.com/Deodorant-Spray-Lavender-White-Ounces/dp/B0028FNP5C/ref=sr_1_4?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1374254670&sr=1-4&keywords=crystal+essence

I prefer the spray-on ones, because I tried the ones that are just a block of salt that you get wet (or use on wet skin) and rub under your arms, and even if I rinsed the block off afterwards, the block of salt itself started to stink after a while.

I use a homemade coconut oil deoderant. It is the only thing I have ever used that keeps me stink free. I've even used anti perspirants and still smell. I soften coconut oil on the microwave, then add an equal amount of baking soda/tapioca starch. Add some drops of your favorite essential oil-tea tree and lavender for guys is great. Orange, rose & spearmint is great for gals. Lemon spearmint for all.

There are a milleion exact recipes on the web for versions of this, just google.

You can spoon it into an old deoderant container and use that, but sometimes if it is too hot it will melt. I just keep it in a small tupperware cup and rub it on with my fingers.

• 2 weeks later...

I have some primal pit paste and while I like it, my problem isn't odor.. it's sweat. 

You won't find a natural antiperspirant unfortunately. Stopping our bodies from sweating is actually not healthy. It is a way they release toxins.

I will say after switching to a straight deodorant vs an antiperspirant I'm finding I have less issues with pit sweat than I used to have. I think some of this is from cleaning up my diet as well. It is definitely an adjustment. I think (personal feelings no research to back it up) our bodies work harder to get the toxins out when we are constantly blocking them...just like when we wash our hair frequently it gets oilier faster and reducing washings also takes an adjustment period.  

You won't find a natural antiperspirant unfortunately. Stopping our bodies from sweating is actually not healthy. It is a way they release toxins.

I will say after switching to a straight deodorant vs an antiperspirant I'm finding I have less issues with pit sweat than I used to have. I think some of this is from cleaning up my diet as well. It is definitely an adjustment. I think (personal feelings no research to back it up) our bodies work harder to get the toxins out when we are constantly blocking them...just like when we wash our hair frequently it gets oilier faster and reducing washings also takes an adjustment period.  

I agree.  My problem is I work in a professional setting, business attire, with the public.  Wet underarms are not ok for me there.  I did find while on my whole30's I did sweat less so maybe I need to suck it up and on my next vacation try and detox from antiperspirant. Sigh.

I've been making a couple different natural deodorants for about two years now - I found a couple recipies that work well for a while. I'm one of those people that got a rash from baking soda, got darker arm pits from the other concoctions but I have kept playing with things. One thing I noticed is once a deodorant starts to 'not work as well' if I use a bit of apple cider vinegar before I put it on all is well with the world again.

Then I hit the be all end all, milk of magnesium :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:  I would have never thought to try it until I read about it in a blog. People were using it to dry up pimples and as a deodorant - i figured what the heck and have been in love ever since. No issues at all and it works fantastic!

As for the sweat side of things, I sometimes use a powder brush, dip it into some baking soda and use that to help keep me dry. works well and I don't get itchy like I do when I use baking soda in a deodorant.

• 1 month later...

I have a little jar of coconut oil and a little tin of baking soda in the bathroom. I dip my finger in the oil and then dip the same finger in baking soda. Rub in, repeat on the other side. It works, leaves no oil stains, and no white streaks. Win! Liz Wolfe from cavegirleats.com taught me. :)

• 3 months later...

I just use straight coconut oil (unrefined--I like 365 brand from Whole Foods). I use it on my skin all over, and just rub it under my arms too. It's antimicrobial, so it's really all you need. I also rub it between my toes, and no longer need to use a chemical athlete's foot cream. It's like 1-stop shopping  :lol: .

• 9 months later...

Archived