Whole30 September 1 2013

Marjan

I looked into the Well Fed cookbook on Amazon and I borrowed it on my Kindle for free!! I am a Prime member so I could do that. I like that it lets you prep for the week, something I definitely will need for work for my lunches and breakfast. I keep reminding myself that this is going to be great for my body and that I CAN do this............Caroline

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I looked into the Well Fed cookbook on Amazon and I borrowed it on my Kindle for free!! I am a Prime member so I could do that. I like that it lets you prep for the week, something I definitely will need for work for my lunches and breakfast. I keep reminding myself that this is going to be great for my body and that I CAN do this............Caroline

Awesome!  I have a Kindle and am a prime member too.  Thanks for letting us know!

My daughter (16) and I are starting our first Whole30 on September 2. I've been wheat and gluten free for a year and grain free for a month. I saw some health improvements since going off of wheat but not nearly as much as I wanted. I love the idea of Whole30 retraining our bodies and minds on the best way to eat. It was way to easy to find grain free versions of muffins and other food that just kept us wanting more. My daughter is a cross country runner so I'd love tips on how to get her the post workout, pre-race and post-race nutrition that she needs.

Yay!! Happy to have found this group. I'm on day 30 of my first whole30. I love how I'm feeling and I'm not having any serious cravings so decided to do another round starting September 1st. I signed up for the daily emails for my firs W30 and it was well worth it. The first week the only thing that kept me on plan was not wanting to check the "I made some bad choices today....lets start my whole30 again" on the emails :)

Yay!! Happy to have found this group. I'm on day 30 of my first whole30. I love how I'm feeling and I'm not having any serious cravings so decided to do another round starting September 1st. I signed up for the daily emails for my firs W30 and it was well worth it. The first week the only thing that kept me on plan was not wanting to check the "I made some bad choices today....lets start my whole30 again" on the emails :)

Same!

The tears are flowing freely.....

Not of sadness, not of joy...just because of the pile of onions that I am chopping.

Today has been a busy day preparing for tomorrow.

I went shopping and came home with lots of veges.

I got out my favourite tool and started chopping.

20130831_170438_1.jpg

I ended up with two bags of sweet potato, one bag of courgette, a bag of celery, a bag of onion, a bag of cauliflower and a bag of broccoli.

All in ziplocked bags and in the freezer so I can grab some when I need it.

I also have some chicken in the slowcooker overnight making some nice stock.

When I was in the supermarket I thought:"I should get a bag of sweets so I can finish them before tomorrow". This is typical pre-diet inside voice sabotage behaviour. My next thought (not much later really) was:"Nah, I don't really want it!

Improvement already!!

Hi All,

Im starting my frist Whole 30 tomorrow as well- quite excited and looking forward to the experience! I really need to cut the sugar and have a soy and wheat intorralance so I really feel like I need to do this

Hi everyone,

I am starting my very first Whole 30 on September 2nd (I have a family commitment tomorrow that I can't get out of and food will be served - I figured it was easier to start fresh on the 2nd!)

I currently live with my boyfriend and although he is very supportive, he will not be doing the Whole 30 with me. This shouldn't be too much of a problem as I will be doing most of the cooking. I am a bit worried about temptation if he buys non-compliant food, however (especially beer - which will probably be the hardest for me!) Does anyone have any experience with living with someone who is not doing the Whole 30?

Thanks in advance! 

My husband and I are starting the Whole30 tomorrow with all of you!!  We are excited to get a handle on our eating, health and weight.  Our doctor told us recently that they wouldn't help us get pregnant because she was concerned about our (my) weight and WOW, if that is not an eye-opener!!  So, here we are, ready to kick some food butt!!  Excited to interact with you all and watch us each get healthier, day by day over the next month.

Go us!!

Having an IPA with my dinner.  I've pretty much eaten totally compliant Whole30 today except for the beer. 

Today I prepped a bit making sure to have olives and unsweetened coconut flakes on hand (sometimes I struggle with eating enough fat at a meal when I grill chicken, etc).  

Tomorrow it is on!!

My husband and I are starting the Whole30 tomorrow with all of you!!  We are excited to get a handle on our eating, health and weight.  Our doctor told us recently that they wouldn't help us get pregnant because she was concerned about our (my) weight and WOW, if that is not an eye-opener!!  So, here we are, ready to kick some food butt!!  Excited to interact with you all and watch us each get healthier, day by day over the next month.

Go us!!

My husband and I did one together last January.  You can do it!   The suport is awesome. 

Hi everyone,

I am starting my very first Whole 30 on September 2nd (I have a family commitment tomorrow that I can't get out of and food will be served - I figured it was easier to start fresh on the 2nd!)

I currently live with my boyfriend and although he is very supportive, he will not be doing the Whole 30 with me. This shouldn't be too much of a problem as I will be doing most of the cooking. I am a bit worried about temptation if he buys non-compliant food, however (especially beer - which will probably be the hardest for me!) Does anyone have any experience with living with someone who is not doing the Whole 30?

Thanks in advance! 

My husband is not participating this time and I am a little nervous.  He did promise to eat this way at home with me.  He told me he is doing a 'Whole30 with beer.'  Luckily, he knows at least.  So good luck.  Tempting food will be everywhere.  Just make sure you stock what you need and maybe make yourself a pantry shelf that is just yours!

Hey all.  Enjoying the day and looking forward to another W30.  I am ready to go and I need to add back some rules for my eating.  I have been lost in the month of August and looking forward to control again.  I have been feeling sick (cold and really sore throat) but I won't let this stop me.  Due to being sick and feeling pretty crappy, We had pizza tonight for dinner.  A last taste of wheat for three months (I am planning a W90). 

I have my goals written out, my measurements sheet ready and my workouts planned for the next 13 weeks.

Looking forward to sharing this ride with you all and I know we will kick some butt!!!

Cheers

DJ

Well guys, it is September 1! We are OFF!! Happy eating all.

Ps Does anyone know when you get the Whole30 email? I am a few timezones ahead of the US so it was not there first thing this morning.

Mine came in at 5:00 am Atlantic Standard

And awaaaaaay we go! I just arrived in Minnesota after summer in Canada and I have not a single thing in the fridge so today is shopping day. But, that's fab because it means that there is nothing tempting lurking about. Can't wait to stock up on sweet potatoes, onions, good meats/seafood... my staples. Yesterday I arrived in town, unloaded the car, showered, and went to a  4 pm wedding. The cake was about 8" high and, yes, I indulged. But, as I ate it I was thinking, "I can't wait to start my W30!" That's got to be good for something.

After my W28 in June I started drinking Diet Coke again and my summer fave, iced coffee with milk and sugar. Bye-bye! Now, I'm looking forward to my first batch of Well-Fed chili and ginger-lime shrimp! 

Okay, here goes...!  :D

Well, its day one. I received my email this morning at 4am and this morning I had scrambled eggs with salt and pepper and a little garlic powder. They taste great with the garlic powder. I usually would have them with some cheese. I am now making ghee and yesterday, I went grocery shopping and prepared some chicken, shrimp and steamed some vegetables for the week. Tomorrow I'm having my family over for a cookout. I know I can have a hamburger, going to make a salad and roast some vegetables. Its all a work in progress. I weighed myself this morning and then hid the scale so that I won't be tempted. I hope all of you are doing well on this first day of the rest of our lives!!!..........Caroline

Hi, I am also starting today, my 2nd W30. I am going to make some tweeks this time. Last time I did the AI and found that eggs are not great for me all the time. I also avoid nightshades and FODMAPS, so veggies are sometimes a challenge.

Today I had 2 strips bacon, 2 scrambled eggs and bok choy sauted in bacon fat. Yum. And a slice of fresh pineapple. Starting off the day right!

Morning... Starting my first whole 30 today. I am very nervous about this since I will still be In a house with the rest of my family (husband & 3 smallish kids) who won't be doing it. We alreAdy eat pretty low processed foods at dinner. I dont know what we are going to do without our meals with cbeans ... We usually had one or two meals per week which were vegetarian & beans.

So first question... Salt. My salt has something in it as a preservative I think. I have sea salt, but it needs to be ground each time you need it which makes measuring hard. Can I just use my regular salt?

I will be here a lot looking for support.

Thanks.

Heyyooooo!!! Today's kickoff for team 9/1 whole30!!

For those of you newbies; it's one day at a time. Prep as much as possible and if/when you feel a craving: remember to always evaluate if the food you are eating is making you more healthy or less healthy? Is it worth it? I say NAY!! :)

Congrats for our big step together in Day 1!! Let's drink (with coconut water) to 30 days of awesome clean eating and support!!!!!!!

CHEERS MATES! :)

Hi all

Day one down in Belfast and it was fairly ok. had some sweet pot and cabbage left over form last nights dinner so sautéed that with half an apple and had 2 fried eggs and a black coffee,  at lunch  had a chicken breast chopped with some mayo(hm) red onion half an avo and some salad leaves

Then I nearly derailed when DH gave DD some chocolate buttons ( I was grand with the toast and sausages they had for breakfast)!!

Dinner was steak with some more of last nights cabbage and a stir-fry of courgette red pepper and onion in co.

so after all that I am slightly concerned about going back to work tomorrow- I work from 6am till 2.30 and possibly not get my break till the next shift comes in at 12.30 if its busy. I know I need to eat something before I leave the house especially as I will not be picking at toast or pastries as I work I'm just not sure what Ill be able to stomach at that hour

Any advice appreciated

F x

Archived