First Timer-Whole30 starts Monday 1/20!

misskrissy27

I don't know why I haven't ordered anything online yet...I guess b/c i'm nervous it wont be what I really want once I get it?  I like to be able to physically see it, read the label, etc.

Yes, pretty cold here.  Not as cold as back home (Upstate Ny)...they're -11 today, BRRRRRRRRRR!  My poor mama.  Snow is supposed to hit tonight and I guess were in "blizzard" title now.  State of emergency tomorrow.  Needless to say, everyone is going bananas...bread, milk, fruit, all selling out...gas pumps, you name it.

Day 24!!!  Whooo hoooo!

@Kage, I too am nervous about Day 31...I feel like I may get sick or something or just have a horrible stomach ache.  I know from here on out I will make MUCH better choices as well as cut out quite a bit of stuff I used to have.  But, STILL am craving a damn bowl of cereal :) 

Happy Hump Day! 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 25 and a snow day!!!!  Whoo hooo!  If anyone was affected by this snow up the East Coast of the US...stay warm and be safe!

So...starting to get worried about day 31 as it's getting closer, eeeek! 

@Peskigirl, how did you reintroduce carbs on your first Whole30?  I am craving bread more and more lately...not sure why.

We're almost there everyone!

Day 26 and I'm over it, over what exactly I am not sure. I want wine. I won't cave, especially not with 4 days to go (not that I am planning to re intro wine on day 31 either) but this is the only day (and only for a minute) that I seriously considered it.

A friend who knows I am doing the whole30 said she could see I had lost weight. I can't really tell, maybe my clothes fit a bit better but nothing dramatic.

I can hardly even imagine having snow outside my front door. Our weather is crazy at the moment. 43°C wednesday then thursday and today pouring rain. 72mm and still falling steadily. I have a bit of a runny nose and scratchy throat but hoping it is due to the crazy weather.

@Kage...before reading your post...I was going to post, "is it me, or is this getting harder"!!!!!  Being Valentine's Day and all, not sure if it's all the goodies around me or what, but I want a piece of candy or chocolate!!!!  I wont do it either only having a full 5 days to go, but I want something other than what I am eating :(  BTW...HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY ALL! :wub:   Kage, we can do it.  Not much further to go.  This is tough, but we got this!

Day 26...I feel good!  BUT am craving more than I have been.  I need to make something different for the weekend.  Gonna look up some recipes now.  Steak, brocolli, and sweet potato tonight! 

Made cauliflower rice tonight to go with my Mexican beef mince dish. I am really not a big cauli fan but I enjoyed it. My 10+ year old $20 food processor has really had a hammering this last 28 days, I keep waiting for it to give up but it just keeps going :)

Hey Guys! Something hit me around day 25/26 too. It got really difficult to resist and I wanted some toast (of all things). I didn't give in thank goodness. Happy day 28/29!!  (I'm a day behind you all) We're in the homestretch now!!!  :0)

AM I REALLY TYPING THIS RIGHT NOW...DAY 29?!?!?!?!?!?  IT IS!  I can NOT believe it!  This has been a great experience!  I can say I am actually nervous about Day 31.  I don't want to eat like I did before and I wont.  Some things I know I'll never eat again.  A few things I am super surprised about is, not missing dairy.  I thought I would miss cheese like no other, but I don't at all!  I have been 100% compliant and quite frankly, I am actually proud of myself.  I was the person I didn't want to let down.   A lot of it was a mind game.  I am not sick of eggs, which thought I would be, and I will continue to eat my large breakfasts of protein and veggies, no more waffles!  I found I really like sweet potatoes (had never had), spaghetti squash (had never had)...learned there are better alternatives.  One thing I will have relatively soon, is a glass of red wine :) 

I can say...I can't wait to do another one!!!!  Tomorrow is DAY 30 and I am proud to say, I DID IT!

Kage congrats!!!!

Peskigirl...congrats to you as well...BUT WHERE ARE YOU!?!?!?!

Talk to you tomorrow!

oh p.s. I can finally say, I FEEL GOOD!

Hey guys! I'm here! Day 29, yeah! (I'll still keep on going for at least 17 more days -I think a Whole60 would be a nice round number for me). Still going strong, just TONS of work and no time to post real updates, will try to do so tomorrow, day 30!!!!!!! 

:D  :lol:  :wub:  B)  :D  :ph34r:  :)  :P  :D  :lol:

I was wondering about you!  Thought you fell off the grid, :)  Whole60?!?!  Good for you.  I'm definitely doing another, but probably not until I get back from Argentina in April.  I heard the bread is phenom!  I'm going to have to run everyday while I'm there!  Talk to you tomorrow on our DAY 30!!!!!

You're going to Argentina in April?! That's great!! It's so beautiful!!! Well I've only been to Buenos Aires, but it's lovely! And yeah they have the best red wine in all South America, and dirt cheap too. And empanadas!! You have to have empanadas. And they have awesome beef -there's a restaurant called "Siga la Vaca", very popular, by the waterfront, I remember a whole bottle of wine was included per person for the buffet... different times. Gotta go work!!  :)

That's where we'll be, Buenos Aires!  Leaving Aprill 11 :)  My boyfriend used to live there as well as play soccer for the Boca Juniors.  So we'll be seeing a game and I believe River Plate as well.  I'm excited to see a new place and go to South America!  Never been.  Super excited.  Yeah I heard the steak is awesome there.  I believe he mentioned that restaurant to me...he may have been before.  Hmmm...bottle per person...I may be on the floor.  ha!  Definitely having some Malbec while touring!!!  Any other pointers or suggestions you have, let me know, it's appreciated!  Thanks!  Oh and I will for sure have an empanada.  Me encanta!

Hiya DAY 30!!! Cannot believe it, the finish line is so close and I am feeling super proud of sticking with it for the full 30 days (almost there!). Planning reintro of dairy tomorrow. I think that is the one that is going to give me the most issues.

Not sure how I will proceed from here out, I have good intentions of continuing but we go on a south pacific cruise in 10 days so my good intentions may fly out the window. Will probably need another whole-something to get me back on track once we get back.

Here we are ladies!  Day 31!!!  We did it!!!!!!!!!!  Now, the scary part :huh: What do we do now?  EEEEEEEEEK!  Well I didn't do anything differently this morning, brought what I have been for the past month, and made a huge salad for lunch, all veggies and some shrimp.  I was going to put croutons on it, but it was only because I "can"...I said out loud, "I don't need those"!  So nothing different today.  Tonight, different story...going out to a Japanese steakhouse for a birthday dinner...there will be rice...hmmmmm.  I'm so scared of eating something that will mess up my stomach.  AND...In 30 days, I have lost 15lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I did my weigh in this morning :)  WOW!  How did everyone else do?

This has been an awesome experience!!!

@Kage & @Peskigirl...I hope to do another W30 with you ladies!  I've enjoyed it! 

@Kage, enjoy your cruise!!!!  @Peskigirl...only another 30 to go for you ;)  Ladies, it's been fun.  Hope to hear from you here and there.  I will keep checking in. 

Have a wonderful Day 31 and for Kage Day 32! 

CHEERS!!!!!!!!

Congrats on finishing, everyone!

Now that you've made it through the 30 days, we recommend that you do a controlled reintroduction of foods you're either curious about (in terms of your physical/psychological reaction), or that you want to eat again.  Here is a sample schedule

Armed with this information, you'll have the data you need to decide how you want to "ride your own bike" going forward.

I'm chewing gum!!!!  I felt weird putting it in my mouth!  Like I was doing something wrong.  I've wanted it on the W30 only b/c of dry mouth of yucky taste in my mouth, not because of hunger.  Same thing today.  Dry mouth and yuckiness.  I feel guilty...this is going to happen a lot isn't it.  :unsure:

Wow 15lb is amazing! I lost 3kg (about 6.5lb) and 11cm off my waist, happy with that.

I reintroduced dairy yesterday and confirmed that is it not my friend, especially in the morning. I will be saving dairy only for when it is really worth it in future. Back to whole30 compliant food today.

Wow 15lb is amazing! I lost 3kg (about 6.5lb) and 11cm off my waist, happy with that.

I reintroduced dairy yesterday and confirmed that is it not my friend, especially in the morning. I will be saving dairy only for when it is really worth it in future. Back to whole30 compliant food today.

Well, had some white rice yesterday, did fine.  The place we went to uses soy sauce in the veggie mix along with some butter, had a bit of each and did fine.  THEN, had ONE chocolate covered oreo and it made me sick to my stomach.  It's actually making me sick thinking about it.  Too rich and sweet for me.  Back to compliant food for me...had my normal meal one, egg muffins.  How are you ladies doing. 

@Kage, sounds like dairy isn't your friend :(  Had some butter and did fine, but no cheese yet.  I think tonight I'll have some grilled chicken and veggies!

Tomorrow is Friday! 

Hey everyone! Congrats on finishing up! Would you mind moving your discussions about reintroduction to the post W30 log or reintroduction sections of the forum? Lots of newbies just scan through these topics so we like to keep discussions here to the on plan foods. Thanks!

Archived