Day 13, why do I feel huge?

I felt great for the first week even though I wasn't "supposed to".  My workouts were great. I never wanted to kill anything on days 4-5 and my pants never felt tight on days 8-9.  Now, it's day 13 when things are supposed to level out and it's just now that I'm feeling bloated and just huge.  I had to force myself through my workout today.  I have resisted the scale because I know I'll throw up my hands and quit if I've gained weight.  So, that's a small win.  But, am I doing something wrong?  I think I'm sticking to the plan.  I'll admit that my water intake might not be enough.  Is that enough to throw everything off?  This was today's food:

breakfast: two egg/veggie omelet with 1/2 avocado and hot sauce.  Coffee with 1t coconut oil, 2T coconut milk, and cinnamon

lunch: leftovers: today it was nom nom's asian meatballs and some leftover Brussels sprouts and a Chinese honey (an orange that's only here once per year)

dinner: pastured pork chop, small sweet potato, sauerkraut

after dinner: coffee like my morning cup

It's so hard to stay strong when it feels horrible.

Water can throw off a lot of things, so it might be that. I'd also be interested to see what some of the experts say about your meal plan -- it looks ok, but sometimes they pick up on subtler stuff (like mixes of vegetables and things like that).

But, do stick to it. I bet in a few days, you'll feel better.

you are not alone, today is also day 13 and I feel terrible... super bloated, heavy also had a hard time working out today when last week was great.  I am actually not feeling well at all, tummy ache, rapid heart beat and anxious with lots of cravings that I did not have last week.

A friend who's done whole3o before said it was my parasites or I am cleansing... 

Hang in there, hopefully it will be a better day tomorrow!

About the middle of my first Whole30 I thought for sure I was gaining weight, but I kept going and after a week-ish that feeling/thought went away. I followed the timeline for the most part, however, not everyone will follow it all - everybody is different. 

Don't give up. Change takes time.

I am on day 13 also and I feel like I just had a huge bacteria/candida die off the past 2 days. So bloated and gassy and just full. Things feel better today but not fabulous. I expect to feel this way for a few more days because die off can take time. It can also make your body feel achy and stressed.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.  I'm glad I'm not alone.  I still feel pretty bloated and heavy today on day 14.  But, it's true that I've come too far to give up now.  I had more water today and tried to get some more veggies in.  I had broccoli today which, in hindsight, probably wasn't the best choice when already feeling bloated.  

I had to ditch coconut milk, coconut oil, avocado, broccoli and raw cabbage in order to feel better. I eat a lot more olive oil, ghee and animal fat. If I'm feeling particularly full and bloated, I'll down a shot of apple cider vinegar. A shot of fresh beet juice helps, too. You may have to experiment a bit - just know that figuring it out is totally worth it! I now rarely have issues. (I've done a few successful Whole30s.) I can have these formerly banned items on occasion and they don't bother me as much now - I just can't have them every day.

Good luck - stick with it.

Wow, I hope I don't have to give up cabbage (or coconut milk!!).  Now it's day 15, half way home, and I'm feeling a little better.  I had lots of lemon water today and yesterday and increased the veggies.  I had a good workout tonight as well.  I'll just settle in and enjoy the ride!

Ok what kind of veggies are helpful with bloating? I have Hashimotos Thyroiditis, PMS, and headaches since day one, in addition to feeling very bloated and constipated (good times). Basically I have wanted to kill all the things since day 2 or 3! I am avoiding nightshades. I have been eating a lot of broccoli at breakfast, and have some sweet potatoes at each meal, but drinking a ton of water. I'm on day 11.

Additional things I noticed in your log (I realize I'm late to this):

- Are you adding fat to all your meals? I only saw the avocado at meal 1.

- How are you sleeping? You have coffee at night which is generally not a great idea. I always feel puffy and bloated when I don't get enough sleep even when my food is pristine.

- Where are you in your cycle?

And yes to the increase of water and addition of probiotic foods.

Well I feel better, I'm on day 18, and since about day 16, I've been feeling bloated, and in the evenings I've been super gassy.  Up until day 16 I was absolutely fine, energy was good, sleep was sound, no bloating etc.  I did the Whole30 last May and I started feeling poorly, and bloated around day 4-5 and that lasted until the 20's.  So I thought this time around I had it beat and wouldn't have any ill feelings.  Its good to hear that pretty much everyone else has a similar feeling around the same day…I was getting worried I was eating too much of something or another.  

Chins up and march on people.

I am on Day 19 and have been ridiculously bloated since about Day 12.  Everyone keeps saying to try these Now Foods Super Enzymes so I think I am going to get those and see how it helps.  I will say - even if you feel bloated - I would dare say you are probably not gaining weight or actually getting any "fatter".  I measured myself on Day 14 and saw I had lost an inch off my waist and 1/2 inch off each thigh!  Everyone is different, of course, but I have found the later part of my Whole 30 has been worse than the first part.  Good luck!

I am on Day 19 and have been ridiculously bloated since about Day 12.  Everyone keeps saying to try these Now Foods Super Enzymes so I think I am going to get those and see how it helps.  I will say - even if you feel bloated - I would dare say you are probably not gaining weight or actually getting any "fatter".  I measured myself on Day 14 and saw I had lost an inch off my waist and 1/2 inch off each thigh!  Everyone is different, of course, but I have found the later part of my Whole 30 has been worse than the first part.  Good luck!

Good insights. Now put the tape measure away for the rest of your W30. It is no more allowed than the scale is. ;)

Archived