day 24 and I have failed miserably

lisaf83

Whilst staying at my partners parents when they are away yesterday I gave in and had a little chocolate binge, we also went out and I had 2 vodka and sodas :-( ... felt awful but at the same time very proud of how far I have come and the huge changes I have made in the last 24 days...my question is where do I go from here? My thoughts are to see out the 30 days anyway, I know this wont make much difference now, then my plan anyway was to go back to paleo/primal after. What are your thoughts please?

Tom is right. If your goal is to complete a whole30, then you need to start again, and I would encourage you to do so, so you can get a good sense of food intolerances that will inform how you eat once you have moved on.

BUT I wanted to make it clear that 24 days of taking care of your body aren't nothing. That time you spent nourishing yourself doesn't go away because you didn't make it to the finish line. Those days are in the bank so to speak and good for you for doing them! Now just pick yourself up and do it again  :)

All the moderators, I have a question.  Are ya'll on whole365?  What do you do about special events, etc?  I have enjoyed the experience so far (day 19), but still question the longevity of no dairy,no wine...

How do you balance it all?

Great job lisaf83!  I didn't mean to hijack your post, I just want to know how to continue as well.

All the moderators, I have a question.  Are ya'll on whole365?  What do you do about special events, etc?  I have enjoyed the experience so far (day 19), but still question the longevity of no dairy,no wine...

Nope. None of us do a whole365, not even Melissa and Dallas. I did a whole30 in January, so was totally compliant for those 30 days. When I'm not doing a whole30, I use what I've learned doing them to make judgement calls about what I do and do not eat.

For example, I know that gluten, dairy and soy have an adverse health effect for me, so those items are rarely "worth it." I also know that legumes, white rice, and sugar are less problematic for me so, while I don't generally prepare these things for myself, I might have some if I am out or it is a special occasion or there are no better choices. The beauty of the whole30 is that it gives you the information needed to really understand the consequences of choices you might make to be able to create the balance you want when eating out in the real world.

Hi Lisaf83,

Be very proud of your 24 clean eating days!  That IS quite an accomplishment.  I know, I am a newbie, on day 16.  I wouldn't say you failed "miserably".  A miserable failure would be that you spiral out of control, say "what ev" and never log onto the Whole30 website or forum ever again.  But you didn't!  You have learned a great deal in your clean 24 days.  There is a lot to be said about that!

I believe you have it in you to start afresh and do a Whole30.  I hope you believe it too.   :)

• Moderators

How do you balance it all?

Great job lisaf83!  I didn't mean to hijack your post, I just want to know how to continue as well.

You might want to read this post from Dallas and Melissa:

http://whole9life.com/2014/02/you-ask-we-answer-do-you-ever-cheat/

I am a "newbie" and I have to agree that you should be VERY proud to have gotten 24 days under your belt.  You slipped up, you have to start over on your Whole 30 again and next time you will succeed.

I am only on day 7.  Only one full week for me.  I have a lot of things stacked against me (or, so I think).  I am a waitress at a #1 rated restaurant in my town.  The food is fresh and mostly healthy, but not all of it.  In addition to that, we have a full time baker with an array of desserts on the counter that I have to see and serve to customers.  Cinnamon buns, cake, cupcakes, whoopie pies, cookies, etc. <groan>.  I am also a single parent of a 15 year old.  We obviously don't eat the same!

Kudos to you...get back on the Whole 30 train and keep moving!  :)

Archived