Coconut milk

DeannaDaniels

Day 8 and I'm just discovering coconut milk in a can (Coconut milk and water) Where has this been all my life. Can I have this every day? It almost seems like I am cheating it's so good. Is having the solid part with a little fruit SWYPO?

Isn't it fun to find new foods that you may have never tried if you didn't do this whole30 challenge? Having the solid coconut milk and fruit could be considered SWYPO. I would avoid it until after my whole30.

• Moderators

The problem with using the coconut cream with fruit is that is pretty much the definition of a dessert. We ask you to break the dessert habit during a Whole30 and warn against letting fruit crowd vegetables off your plate. 

Probably have done this already:  but make sure your canned coconut milk doesn't contain crappy ingredients (sulfites).

I love it!  I use Arroy-D coconut milk every morning in my coffee and often in my meals.

The problem with using the coconut cream with fruit is that is pretty much the definition of a dessert. We ask you to break the dessert habit during a Whole30 and warn against letting fruit crowd vegetables off your plate. 

Tom's got a point, for sure. But I will add that I don't see anything wrong with having a serving of fruit with coconut cream as a part of a meal containing adequate protein and gobs of veggies. It's a good way to get some fat in. But the key is to have it with everything else, not after dinner and definitely not as a stand alone snack.

Archived