Starting 3/24 Lets do this and change!

EJSmadhatter

I am ready to get back on the fridge and will be starting tomorrow. I completed it on 3/2 and stayed on it almost 40 days and then I started cheating. I have been having a hard time getting back on the program and I am excited to start tomorrow. My goal is to heal my leaky gut and adrenal failure so I need to eat cleanly. Plus I want to kill the sugar dragon for good this time!! J

I am doing my food prep today and getting everything set for tomorrow. I am excited and look forward to all the great support. 

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am re-starting a Whole 30 today. I haven't quite made it through a whole whole30, but did make it about 2 1/2 weeks and felt great. Now I am having trouble getting back into it. I have quite a bit of food I've cooked up, so I should be good to go for the next week. My hardest part is snacking. I felt so much better when I was doing the whole 30 and I'm ready to commit. Good luck.

I will be starting 3/24 as well - and would love to travel this journey with others.  I have completed two Whole 30's in the past - but always fall hard and return to old habits!  This time the goal is long term change.

Wishing you both well on your journey.

Kerry

hi!!! 

My name is Taylor and I have been Paleo for about 3 weeks and down 9 pounds. It has totally changed me BUT I am eating too much cheese, butter (sometimes wine) and counting calories AND weighing myself everyday. I know that with the counting calories I eat too little. 

SO I started the WHOLE30 today. So far so good - drinking a kombucha and looking forward to a buffalo burger with avocado for dinner

I am hoping to reset my relationship with food. Counting, punishing myself or other wise. I want to listen, appreciate and love. 

And yes, my wedding is in September and feeling strong and happy for that event is a major goal of mine!

Also - we want to start a family and I really truly believe that the way I can do that naturally is to eat real food. 

Cheers!

I will be starting 3/24 as well - and would love to travel this journey with others.  I have completed two Whole 30's in the past - but always fall hard and return to old habits!  This time the goal is long term change.

Wishing you both well on your journey.

Kerry

It would be great to have you along.The bad habits have also given me trouble. That's my goal this time, to really change those habits.

hi!!! 

My name is Taylor and I have been Paleo for about 3 weeks and down 9 pounds. It has totally changed me BUT I am eating too much cheese, butter (sometimes wine) and counting calories AND weighing myself everyday. I know that with the counting calories I eat too little. 

SO I started the WHOLE30 today. So far so good - drinking a kombucha and looking forward to a buffalo burger with avocado for dinner

I am hoping to reset my relationship with food. Counting, punishing myself or other wise. I want to listen, appreciate and love. 

And yes, my wedding is in September and feeling strong and happy for that event is a major goal of mine!

Also - we want to start a family and I really truly believe that the way I can do that naturally is to eat real food. 

Cheers!

Congrats on the 9 pounds and starting Whole30

I'm in! :)  :)

Uh-oh....looks like I need to postpone my start date. I'm unexpectedly out of town all week. After many failures, I'm determined to succeed this time. Looks like April 1 will be the start date for me.

Good luck to everybody starting today!!!!! 

Hi! I finished my first Whole30 on March 7th and was so proud of myself! It was great! I lost 11 pounds and was enjoying eating well. BUT... March 8th was my daughters birthday and then 2 days later was my birthday. Cake, cake, and more cake and the sugar dragon came back. Then we got bad news that my husbands cancer has returned again and I turned to bad food for comfort. I tried to restart eating right again but without group forum support I quickly failed.

Last time I really relied on the support that this forum can bring. It helped me be accountable and kept me motivated. I am excited to take control of my eating again. I am hoping to be able to make the lessons stick this time. We can do this!

The only thing is that I have two packages of organic amazing bacon in my freezer but it has......

evaporated cane sugar!! NOOOooooOOOoo

So its off to whole foods with myself for some of the "paleo" approved bacon everyone has been raving about. Also going to try to find some sugar free jerky - this may have to come from Steves Paleo Goods. 

For me, putting down the scale and listening to my body is going to the the huge focus. Sure I would love to lose some weight but its more about resetting my relationship with food. I already get odd looks and strange questions about my already paleo choices so I am excited for the next step. 

I have a very physical job as a massage therapist and esthetician and this way of eating and absolutely helped me get through a day with good constant energy for each of my clients  -- which is so cool! 

Put some ghee in some acorns I roasted today - didn't even miss my butter! But thank God they didn't ask us to give up salt...I love me some pink salt!

Hi! I finished my first Whole30 on March 7th and was so proud of myself! It was great! I lost 11 pounds and was enjoying eating well. BUT... March 8th was my daughters birthday and then 2 days later was my birthday. Cake, cake, and more cake and the sugar dragon came back. Then we got bad news that my husbands cancer has returned again and I turned to bad food for comfort. I tried to restart eating right again but without group forum support I quickly failed.

Last time I really relied on the support that this forum can bring. It helped me be accountable and kept me motivated. I am excited to take control of my eating again. I am hoping to be able to make the lessons stick this time. We can do this!

I hope your husbands ok!

Really excited to hear from so many others that are starting and having the support to make it through. I have a good amount of food prepped for the week. I always seem to do better when I'm not at home. 

Rkrywda: hope your husband's fares well. You'll feel better off in the long run, eating healthy for yourself and your husband. 

Be strong, be committed.

-caroline

I should do more food prep. I don't really. We don't have children yet so I usually do sausage, bacon or smoked salmon with eggs and veggies and lunch is usually dinner left overs and dinner is whatever I have planned for the week. 

Besides butter - I am going to really miss my 2 squares of dark chocolate at night. Hoping I can soothe my craving with a nice tea or fancy ice water (adding mint, lime or blueberries)

Hi! I finished my first Whole30 last week. Felt amazing. Was not as hard as I thought. Starting again on Monday.mi am excited. I lost about 15 pounds and felt great. Once into the swing of things it was pretty easy. I made some yummy stuff from Well-fed. I found my love of cooking again.

I did a bad thing and weighed myself this morning. (can you blame me, my wedding is in September) but I think thats doing more harm than good. I GAINED a half a pound and spent the last week stalling. UGH

I am having my fiancé  hide the scale in his truck because its been an emotional roller coaster weighting myself everyday -- pretty sure its stressing me out. 

Getting rid of the scale is part of the Whole 30 and breaking bad habits. Because of the fluctuations, it's not your friend and can be demoralizing and affect your commitment. I just kicked my scale to the corner today. 

Cheers and commit today.

-caroline

Today is my first day of my first Whole30.  I'm super excited but also anxious too.  I think I am going to miss my sugary coffee and diet soda the most but I'm looking forward to feeling better.  It is also going to be hard to not look at the scale for 30 days!

The only thing is that I have two packages of organic amazing bacon in my freezer but it has......

evaporated cane sugar!! NOOOooooOOOoo

So its off to whole foods with myself for some of the "paleo" approved bacon everyone has been raving about. Also going to try to find some sugar free jerky - this may have to come from Steves Paleo Goods. 

For me, putting down the scale and listening to my body is going to the the huge focus. Sure I would love to lose some weight but its more about resetting my relationship with food. I already get odd looks and strange questions about my already paleo choices so I am excited for the next step. 

I have a very physical job as a massage therapist and esthetician and this way of eating and absolutely helped me get through a day with good constant energy for each of my clients  -- which is so cool! 

Put some ghee in some acorns I roasted today - didn't even miss my butter! But thank God they didn't ask us to give up salt...I

I hear the bacon is great too

I hope everything goes good with your husband.

I must really trust eating paleo and this program to ditch my scale for 30 days a few months before my wedding. 

But I do. Because ultimately this is about my health and hopefully fertility -- can't say I don't want to lose weight but I know Ill rock whatever white dress I choose. 

Todays Meals:

Some sweet tato with olive oil

1 fried egg

Smoked salmon

Buffalo burger

Avocado 

acorn squash with ghee

10 almond

blueberries

kombutcha

Lamb chop

grilled asparagus 

Tea/Water

I am so excited we are all doing this together. I really looked at the goals that I had set the last time and redid them. This time I did it right on the worksheet. I realized that my goals the last time where more mental and less attainable. This time I am keeping them very doable.

Here are what my goals are: 

1. Nutrition: Do my food log every day and how I feel after I eat. Also noting down if I am having bad sugar cravings. This way I make sure I am still not feeding the sugar dragon and I can track any additional foods that make me feel sick and I need to omit.

2. Sleep: I will get into bed by 8:30 pm am as many nights as I can. I have to at least get 4 in.

3. Stress Management: When I feel or realized I am stressed I am going to stop and find a way to relax by taking 5 min break, taking deep breaths, taking a short walk, or just telling myself it is ok.

4. Exercise: continue to do my morning routine 6/per week and get in 3-4 20-30 min walks per week.

If anyone else wants to share please do.

I have got most of my food together but I haven't decided what protein with what veggies today. So I will go do that now. 

Yes! Goals:

1) Ditch my scale for the full 30 days

2) Do not count calories or go crazy. Eat until I am satisfied - and take a moment before I eat again. I am I really hungry or just bored, anxious - etc

3) Sleep - in bed by 10pm and no taking my phone or iPad with me. I can hear my alarm perfectly fine if it is plugged in on the kitchen counter

4)Workouts 4x per week. 30 minutes cardio and 30 minutes weights. Yoga on fridays and possible hikes on saturdays 

5) No cheating. Not worth it. 

Be strong and stay away from the scale!!! I promise, if you stick with the program, you wont need a scale to tell you that your body is changing. Your clothes will fit differently! Most importantly, you will feel better!

I struggle with the three meals thing in the first couple of days as I wean off the sugar. I don't do well if I'm starving, my mind cannot function. So I bring little containers of veggies and nuts to help stave me between meals until my body regulates. Is that hugely wrong?

Archived