Official Whole30 - August Check Ins!

Robin Strathdee

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes! I've been noticing this too. Not sure why it's happening though. I assumed dehydration but I'm probably drinking more than I would have pre-Whole30 (and less of it coffee!). There is a 'Mothball mouth' thread in the troubleshooting forum, but not sure she's describing quite the same thing.

This seems to be passing now and I am SO happy.No amount of water was getting rid of it and I haven't been drinking coffee or any other caffeine either.Today my mouth feels more normal!Hope yours passes soon.

On Day 6 and hanging in there. I have been following a low carb woe. So this is not too hard for me. I do miss wine and cheese though. Its amazing at all the hidden sugars, soy and other crap ingredients in stuff.

Day 10 was good, Day 11 and I'm wiped out, but that's because I ended up doing too much activity in a 24 hour period. Kayaking, crossfit & lake swimming along with trips to the farmers market and co-op for our weekly meat & veg. Didn't plan it that way it just worked out that way. Now I'm feeling like an exhausted lump, but I know this will pass. I'm super excited to know I've made it this far, successfully. Generally I feel pretty good, I'm sleeping well and have good energy when i don't overextend myself. I just need to continue listening to my body and taking it easy when I need recovery and down time. The half way point is so close I can almost taste it! :)

Great job everyone!!! Keep up the fabulous work!

Day 12 is finished,it has been very easy for a while now,there are no cravings,longings or anything of the sort.I am still struggling with a bit of heartburn but compared to where I was before,it's mild.I am realising now that there are other things I am not digesting very well..mostly bananas and avocado.I seem to manage the latter sometimes but other times it has heartburn written all over it.

Excited to be close to the halfway point.Hope you all had a great weekend!

Day 12 in the books!! I can't believe we are ALMOST half way there! I had the most amazing steak with some homemade pico and guac. It was sooo fabulous!! And I indulged in some cherries today. I have been really careful with fruit and have not eaten it too much in these last 2 weeks. The cherries tasted like heaven :) . Feeling amazing. Bloating gone. Sleeping like a baby at night. Skin is bright and clear. Just all around feeling great. And I haven't had a migraine the entire time! Amazing really! I am experimenting with things I have never had such as ghee (YUMMY). This is a fun and amazing experience!! Hope you are all doing fab too!!!!

Another August 1st starter here :D

Have had my ups and downs, but generally feeling so much better in terms of my skin and moods. I also used to have chronic headaches (pretty much every day), and I've only had one minor one during the program thus far.

I've been keeping a daily diary of sorts on my blog, including my meals for each day. Feel free to check it out:

http://confessionsofacavewoman.wordpress.com/

Aya :)

I also started on the 1st. I bought the book and much to my shame have not read it yet :o

I did Paleo a lot last year although I would cheat and drink Coke Zero so I figured I'd do this and not cheat which I haven't and don't plan on doing. I might go longer than 30 though, not sure yet. I had to have shoulder surgery in December and I have a couple of herniated discs that have been bugging me since March so I started to get some chub on. Already after 12 days the stomach is getting flatter and the obliques are hinting at being there. Energy levels, cravings, all fine. I have eaten a lot of nuts lately and I plan on cutting that out as from today as I was getting a tad carried away :D

Day 13

I wasn't feeling so great today,tired and general kind of crappy feeling.

I did manage to make my own roasted nut butter and it turned out really well,far nicer than the stuff from the bottle.I'm not sure what I'm going to use it for,but it's lovely.

Hoping for some more energy tomorrow and excited to be almost 2 full weeks in of what I think will become a life long plan

Day 13

I wasn't feeling so great today,tired and general kind of crappy feeling.

I did manage to make my own roasted nut butter and it turned out really well,far nicer than the stuff from the bottle.I'm not sure what I'm going to use it for,but it's lovely.

Hoping for some more energy tomorrow and excited to be almost 2 full weeks in of what I think will become a life long plan

I had that feeling yesterday and was wondering what was wrong with me this far in... but thankfully, woke up today feeling so much better. hope the feeling passes quickly for you too!

Day 13 was pretty good. I'm finding I am more sensitive to caffeine than I knew. I was a regular coffee and espresso drinker and now it kinda tweaks me out. I'm good with tea of many varieties but coffee doesn't treat me so well. I'm very happy to be less cranky and find I can focus at work a little better. I'm enjoying the variety of foods and meals. I didn't realize how much of a food rut I was in before Whole30. It's opened up a whole new world of yumminess.

Keep up the great work everyone!!

One more mieal and day 14 will be finished. We both are finding it's getting easier every day. Of course, we were eating fairly well to begin with, but not really close to Paleo.

I like having new menus to plan and different shopping to do.

So far, so good.

Day 14 coming to a close. So far the pattern is one good day, one mediocre day. Today was a mediocre day. Ditched my morning swim workout for a couple extra hours of sleep. I'm sure the sleep was good for me but I was sleepy all day. I am finding it easier to concentrate at work, which I definitely appreciate. Other than that I'm tired of major food prep everyday and still missing my glass of wine at night. Hoping for a good night of sleep so I can get up and do some sort of workout.

Day 14 done...Hello Day 15...I have had a lot of fascination with carrots lately..I have stuck with it and halfway there..No scale and continued workouts..I have discovered that I really enjoy Jicama...Never would have guessed it. Hope everyone is doing great!

ugh, my run workout last night was not pleasant, definitely struggled through it. and i feel like i'm back at the kill all things phase again, haha...and still exhausted. i don't think carb intake is the problem, but could probably use more fats...

Day 15 - halfway there already. The food aspect is going fine - no cravings and rarely needing snacks. Energy levels are definitely better if I include some starchy carbs each day. I'm still not sleeping very well (though that may be weather related) but my mood has been staying positive anyway.

Looking forward to completing the next 15 days. Hope it's going well for the rest of you!

Day 15. Glad to be half way through. Did a crossfit workout this morning, ate some sweet potato and meatballs as soon as I got home and then ate breakfast a little later and still ended up being completely exhausted. I'm ready for bed!!

Great job everyone for making it to the half-way mark!!

Archived