Peggy's Log

Peg541

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day six.

Feel great. A little GI looseness. Doubt it'll last. Feel fine. Busy day ahead of me but I just fell down in my neighbors driveway tripping on uneven pavement bringing her paper to her back door. Landed on my face. It's going to be ugly for a while. I think everything else is ok.

Breakfast

Five eggs. Three whole. Two whites. Hard boiled. Broccoli. Half banana. Coffee water.

Lunch

6oz chicken breast. Baked sweet potato with ghee. Broccoli. Water. Cold coffee.

Dinner

Chicken from soup. Chicken broth. Broccoli. Guacamole. Strawberries. Water.

Feeling ok. Daughter came by to see if I was really as ok as I said. Nice talk. She seems to approve of me doing this which is rare for her. LOL! She worries a lot.

I feel great food wise. Problem is I'm not hungry for meals. I eat by the clock. Not stuffed. Satisfied. I think the healthy fat at each meal is doing the trick. Amazing.

My daughter brought me presents including a diet coke with crushed ice and a straw. I WANTED that but politely refused. I realized it would have been a comfort food for me. Funny what you learn about yourself.

Your meals look good. You may want to add some more fats if you are feeling hungry. Don't include the fats you cook in. Congratulations on buying kombucha. I hope you like it. If not it is not a big deal, at least you will know for the future. There are lots of different flavors so you may like some more than others. Good luck

Busy day ahead of me but I just fell down in my neighbors driveway tripping on uneven pavement bringing her paper to her back door. Landed on my face. 

Oh my gosh - are you ok???

Did you get checked out by a doctor to be sure you didn't get a concussion?  Take care of yourself.

I'm OK Chris. Not pretty but OK. All 3 Godfathers are on today. I'm down for the day. Thank you for remarking!

Tina. Funny but I'm never hungry lately. I'm also never full. I aim for satisfied. I think I'm doing OK. It's just a bit foreign and I know takes getting used to. .

Day 7

Feel great. Survived my fall yesterday. Very sore but OK.

Breakfast

Four eggs scrambled with veggies. Strawberries. 1/2 banana. Coffee water flavored with cucumber.

Lunch

Chicken broth. Chicken. Carrots. Guacamole.

Snack. I know it's not program but I felt dizzy. Drank water had three big strawberries.

Been dizzy and whifty on and off all day. I'm nor certain is it a concussion from my fall yesterday or is it day 7 of whole 30?

Dinner

Brisket of beef. Carrots. Zucchini. Guacamole. Water.

I'm barely hungry for meals. This is so different for me. I'm still concerned about the number of eggs I'm eating. I do adore eggs. I've been 100% compliant. Very easy. Absolutely no cravings.

I feel great food wise. Problem is I'm not hungry for meals. I eat by the clock. Not stuffed. Satisfied. I think the healthy fat at each meal is doing the trick. Amazing.

Same thing is happening here!!! I'm just not as hungry anymore! Even after dinner! THATS the biggie!!!

Day 8.

Woke up breathless and shaky. Took my pills and ate a clementine. Then breakfast. Again I'm not certain this is a result of my fall or this program. I'm smart enough to get help if I'm not OK. Thankfully right?

Breakfast

One clementine

Four eggs with ghee and veggies. Guacamole. Coffee. Water.

Lunch

Chicken soup. Worth chicken and veggies

Dinner

Chicken soup. Beef brisket. Vegetables. Fruit.

Tonight is Passover. I have 14 people here. I'm cooking so I know which foods I can eat. I don't anticipate any difficulties. The entire 8 days of Passover should be pretty easy for me to navigate.

Day 9/1

Day after Passover. I did really well but tasted two things that are not allowed. Going back to day 1.

Breakfast

Two whole eggs. Three egg whites. Hard boiled. Fruit.

Lunch.

Brisket of beef with carrots and onions and celery.

Dinner

Brisket of beef with same veggies.

I cooked for days for Passover. Have to eat it now. Delicious.

I may have whined this before but am I doing this correctly? I don't seem to be suffering except for sweetener in my coffee. I have no cravings. I'm barely hungry at meals. I'm a bit dizzy now and then. I am drinking enough. A meal or drink helps the dizziness disappear.

I'm afraid to look at the scale. I want to lose 15 lbs and want this to help. I'm afraid to look.

But honestly I feel great!

Day 10/2

Could a moderator take a look and assure me I'm doing fine please?

I may have started over yesterday but since I plan to stay this way it's moot. However I do want to do 30 days so it's day 2 again.

I feel great. I have much less/ hardly any gas and that must be the absence of grains from my diet. It's not as hard as I thought to do this which is why I wonder am I doing the right thing? Doing it right? I've got to be losing weight since I stopped all snacking and excess fruit that I was kidding myself was healthy. I'm willing to wait for 30 days to weigh in but I do have to weigh in for work (weight watchers) soon. I just won't look. Oh I will look but need to be calm when I see the results.

I have to drink more water. Coffee with no sweetener is not as bad as it was on day one. I'm drinking better coffee than Costco brand which was my usual.

Breakfast

Four hard boiled eggs. Carrots. Big ones cooked in my brisket recipe. Half banana. Coffee. Water.

Lunch

Brisket of beef. Big pile of veggies cooked in the brisket. Guacamole. Water. Coffee.

Dinner

Two 3 oz chicken breasts sautéed in ghee. Big pile of broccoli. Guacamole. Water. Licorice tea.

From a compliance perspective, you're good.

For best results, consistently have every meal meet the recommended meal template of 1-2 palms of protein, 1-3 cups of vegetables and the appropriate amount of compliant fat.  On Apr 15, your breakfast didn't contain veggies or fat. Unsure if yesterday's breakfast had fat.

Thanks Chris. April 15 th was the day after Passover Seder #1 and I was swamped. I did well though and was not craving or hungry at all.

Day 11/3

Breakfast.

4 eggs cooked in ghee with veggies sautéed in ghee. Big pile of broccoli too. Coffee. Water. Feel great.

I miss Matzo. I'd be having it this week of Passover but I'm surviving.

Actually I'm thriving. It's amazing how big the changes are and I hardly notice them.

Lunch

Beef brisket. Carrots. Celery. Onion. Broccoli. Guacamole. Watermelon. Water. Old coffee.

No hunger in between meals. I was late for this meal and was just fine. I still eat fast. Have to work on that. But it's doable. I do understand why.

Dinner

Chicken sautéed in ghee and EVOO. Green beans. Guacamole. Water. Licorice tea.

Notice that my meals are not varied much. This is how I eat since I lost weight. I'll buy wild salmon tomorrow at Costco. I do have salmon burgers I should use first. Wild caught. No other ingredients. Frozen. I'll also go back to salads tomorrow after giving my gut a rest.

I hope you're feeling better. :) I started drinking my coffee iced before the W30 and put sugar and cream and tapered off until I really liked the taste of it without sugar and cream. Try cold and see if it tastes better. I'm also starting to not be hungry for the meals I've prepared but crave everything else. How can I be on Day 4 and tired of eggs already?

Day 11/4

Breakfast

2 eggs. 2 whites scrambles with ghee. Veggies. Broccoli. Half banana. Coffee water. Guacamole.

This is entirely satisfying. I'm barely hungry for lunch if anyone worries about the egg whites. I feel great. I thought I was supposed to feel crappy. I did maybe days 3-4 but I feel great right now. I'm extremely satisfied with this plan.

Lunch

Roast salmon. Small baked sweet potato. Broccoli. Guacamole. Coffee. Water.

Dinner

2 Aidels chicken apple sausages. Big pile of green beans. Guacamole. One hard boiled egg. Licorice tea. Water flavored with lemon (from my tree!)

I'm back to work tomorrow. Also have to weigh in for work. Concerned. Not at all worried about food. This is going famously.

Day 12/5

Busy working day but home by 12

Breakfast

4 eggs. Onions. Red peppers. Mushrooms. Broccoli. Guacamole. Strawberries. 1/2 banana. Coffee. Water.

I had to weigh in for work today. I'm down 7 lbs. thank goodness. I know weight is fickle I won't count on it staying off.

Lunch.

Strawberries. Salmon. Broccoli. Carrots. Coffee. Water. Guacamole.

I'm done with fruit for the day.

Dinner. Not sure yet. I have to go shopping Monday. I did so much shopping for Passover I'm shopped out. I'll eat eggs again if I have to.

Going to walk tonight when the sun starts to set. I don't do sun. .

I'm satisfied. Never hungry. It must be the fats I had been denying myself all these years. Amazing.

Dinner

Eggs scrambled with chicken sausage (Aidels ) and vegetables. Guacamole. Water. I satisfied. A bit too full. Should have stopped eating when satisfied. Will walk once the sun is cooler. Beautiful day here in Los Angeles.

Day 13/6

Happy Easter to those who celebrate. Considering it was two boxes of Peeps that got me here I welcome Easter. I'm up at six but holding off on breakfast for a while. I'm not hungry and I ate too much at dinner last night. I would like to see how long before I get a clear signal of hunger, if at all.

Day 13/6

Breakfast

4 hard boiled eggs. Broccoli. Guacamole. Coffee water. I waited till 8 to eat. I usually eat at six so this was good for me to learn to wait.

Lunch

Last of the brisket. Carrots. Celery. Onions. Guacamole. Handful of black olives. Strawberries. Water.

Dinner

Salmon. Broccoli. Olives. Guacamole. Water. Strawberries.

Food shopping tomorrow. Son coming for dinner. It won't be hard to feed us all and they won't notice it's whole30.

Someone sent me my first "Whole30 is the unhealthiest diet of 2013" article just now. My response was "I am eating good clean foods."

Nothing else. No other response. None needed. I refuse to justify my decisions to overweight unhealthy people who like to whine about their weight and their health but do nothing.

Day 14/7

Breakfast

Eggs. Veggies. Tomatoes. Guacamole. ( I am out of food. Shopping after work)

Lunch.

Salmon. Green beans. Palm full of black olives. Have to do some cooking as soon as housekeeper is out of my kitchen! Coffee. Water.

Did my cooking for the week. Now have green beans. Butternut squash. Mixture of onions. Mushrooms. Red peppers and chicken sausages (compliant) to mix with eggs most mornings. . And roasted carrots. Raw and I don't do very well together as I found out days 1-3.

Dinner.

Baked sweet potato. Palm sized boneless pork roasted. Green beans. Guacamole. Licorice tea. Water.

Day 15/8

My food is pretty predictable every day so I'll just post the changes or sort of blog here.

I wondering about the weight loss associated with this plan. I work for weight watchers so weight is on my radar the reason I found the book in the first place was a member pointed me toward it once I noticed her 7 lb weight loss.

I've lost a tremendous amount of weight 7 years ago with weight watchers and am a lifetime member. However once I made lifetime I let my bad habits creep back and gained 20 lbs over 5 years.

So I know how to eat right thanks to WW now my employer. I also know that once I'm finished with the 30 days here, it's up to me what to re introduce. Frankly I'm not interested in reintroducing much but I wonder is that a pipe dream or some sort of honeymoon phase I'm going thru in my first two weeks of 30 days?

So if I do lose some weight I'm also forming new habits that should help me keep it off. I feel pretty certain about this.

Any opinions? I'm not talking about promises or whatever. I would like to know what others experience.

Archived