Peggy's Log

Peg541

Day two!

Breakfast. Two hard boiled eggs. Four egg whites. Green beans. Coffee. Water.

Banana. Cup strawberries.

Lunch brisket of beef. Carrots. Onions. Celery. Guacamole. Coffee. water.

Dinner. Carrots. Sweet potato. 1/2 salmon burger. Water. Coffee. Not very hungry.

Doing fine. Feel fine. Wish I had more choices to drink. Forget that fermented stuff. No cravings at all. I'm drinking iced tea and adding fruit to water. I miss diet coke.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DAY THREE

Uh oh. First bad day since March. I'm tired of what I'm eating. Really tired. I'm wondering why I did this in the first place. I'm pining for a turkey sandwich with lettuce and mayo. I tried having meat loaf for breakfast but it did not turn out well. I used 98% beef and it's too hard and dry and heavy. I'm really disappointed. I might buy some cheap meat and try it again. Or not.

I'll try making a frittata but I'm tired of eggs too. And my cholesterol is up. Not much but some. I made chicken soup yesterday and will finish making it today. That might be an answer.

Breakfast

Meatloaf with green beans and spaghetti sauce. Just a few bites. Banana. Strawberries.

This is not a day 3 problem. I've been at this since March. Religiously. I deliberately broke ranks twice. I'm not craving anything. I'm just sick of meat. Will buy some salmon tomorrow. Maybe make tuna tonight. Maybe some chicken salad. Something different. I'm not turned on by any of the whole30 recipes. I bought Well Fed and can't find it. Will look tonight.

Really bad mood. Really bad. Is this a day 3 thing? But it's way past day 3 for me. More cooking. Ate a bit different. Tuna. Olives. Guacamole. Carrots. Sweet potato. Might feel a bit better. I think this is a day 3 thing. I missed this the first time around.

Dinner

Brisket. Carrots. Guacamole. Iced tea.

I think I'm better. I think it was a day 3 thing. Gosh that was bad. Well there it is in the Whole30 daily. Day 3 ONE OF THE WORST DAYS. LOL

DAY FOUR

Breakfast

Two HB eggs, 4 whites. Sweet potatoes. Banana. Strawberries.

Lunch

Pre planning. Meat loaf Guacamole. Green beans. Spaghetti sauce.

Dinner

Salad with tuna and guacamole.

By the way moderators. I love the daily e mails. I felt so bad yesterday and the email for day 3 arrived telling me exactly what I was feeling. They lag a day behind where I actually am but that's ok too. I'm not that new at this but that was incredibly comforting. I also love the set up and graphics. Job well done folks.

I'm surprised the testimonial in day 3 mentions weight loss. And by the way I feel amazing! Is this a day 4 high? LOL!

Day 4 is usually a kill all the things day, but your mileage may vary especially as you are not new to this. First time around I definitely had kill all the things but not this round.

Your last couple of breakfasts seem to contain a lot of fruit. How big a serving are you having? You might consider swapping out one of those fruits for a green veggie and having the other fruit with another meal. Just something to consider.

And lots of testimonials mention weight loss. There is nothing wrong with losing weight (if you have it to lose) on your Whole30 and many do, but it isn't a promise we make. Everyone's health context is different. 

I try to eat my two servings of fruit a day with a meal. I've cut back in the volume but for certain I can cut down on fruit. Part of the past two days I've been miserable and could not look another green veggie in the eye. I'm going to Costco tomorrow and will concentrate on green this time. Everything feels better this morning so it won't be so hard.

Thanks for the help. Really yesterday was kill all things. It was almost comical but I worked hard to hold it together.

I'm donating blood tomorrow. I can't imagine that would have any further affect on me. I'm eating green today so my iron levels are good enough to donate.

Day five

Breakfast

Two HB eggs. Four whites. Strawberries. One cup. Sweet potatoes.

Lunch

Tuna. Salad. Green beans. Sweet potatoes.

Dinner

Shrimp with home made mayonnaise. Chicken broth. With veggies.

Giving blood today. Not sure I've gotten enough iron in to qualify. Will work on green vegetables. My iron was perfect.

DAY SIX

Feeling great. Again I'm going to stop reporting my meals and just chat. I'm making scotch eggs today. Can't wait.

I'm a little torn about today's daily email. Talking about snacking and to reward yourself with your favorite snack after avoiding snacks at a party. Plus keep your favorite snack in your desk to avoid office snacks. It's for day five. I'd imagine it's more for those in the post 30 day phase. It's a bit confusing since we are not to snack.

Well on second thought they were not THAT great.  Maybe Pork and I don't get along at 5 am.  Eggs are easier.  Well I tried. I don't have much success with the recipes I find.  I guess I like my tried and true. 

Working a lot today. Lunch is all ready for me when I get home at noon.  This way I can't eat the house while starving.

Day SEVEN

Long long day at work. Is many people. Many of them mentioned my weight loss which feels great. We sell snacks at WW. I hardly ever ate the stuff. Now when I'm tempted I just say "oh. I can't have that " It feels so good. I love having such great rules to live by.

Food going fine. The egg meat loaves were ok. I might try it without the pork. I think ground pork and I don't like each other. I'm out for dinner tonight and tomorrow. Will work for good choices. .

I made some catsup. As usual it's pretty bad. I'll give it a try anyway.

DAY 8

Doing fine. Everyone noticing my weight loss. 10 pounds to go then back to goal. It's all good. I'm not exactly in love with what I'm eating. I wish I could branch out more but I've bought into the science how can I go back now. I'm not suffering. I can live without salad dressing. LOL. There might be a real market for someone to package single sized servings of things like compliant mayo and salad dressing so I don't have to have another dry salad in a restaurant.

There might be a real market for someone to package single sized servings of things like compliant mayo and salad dressing so I don't have to have another dry salad in a restaurant.

No need to have dry salad.

Get a container like this so you can take your own mayo and/or dressing, easily and discreetly, into a restaurant. http://www.stonewallkitchen.com/shop/kitchen/cooks-tools/prep/600456.html http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/dressing-to-go-3-pack-containers/1041416952?Keyword=salad+dressing+container

I put some compliant salad dressing in an old spice bottle. Plus a couple of olives. Added that to the salad today and it made a nice lunch for me. I needed more but we were home to my salmon soon enough. I keep spice bottles because they are pretty and perfect for salad dressing and olives!

No need to have dry salad.

Get a container like this so you can take your own mayo and/or dressing, easily and discreetly, into a restaurant. http://www.stonewallkitchen.com/shop/kitchen/cooks-tools/prep/600456.html http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/dressing-to-go-3-pack-containers/1041416952?Keyword=salad+dressing+container

Oh they're cute. Nice idea. Thanks.

DAY 9

Doing great. Feel great. Nothing to complain about. Well I tossed the last scotch egg. I might try with all beef next time.

Exercise has fallen off a bit. Will remedy that after work today.

Making a big pot of compliant chili. Bought a new steamer pot and those little take along salad dressing containers. Make life easier for me. Doing fine.

I'm reading a lot here and I am worried because I see a lot of binging after reintroduction. I suppose I've never done that before so won't now? I picture me having a slice of bread once in a while but not much more other than the carrot cake I yearn for. Maybe catsup once in a while. But I see limits. I see me saying OK enough is enough. It seems to be my pattern anyway. Am I pipe dreaming moderator?

I'm reading a lot here and I am worried because I see a lot of binging after reintroduction. I suppose I've never done that before so won't now?

I think most people binging after reintroduction have longstanding issues with binging...I haven't heard of anyone acquiring such issues on a whole30, so I would not worry. That said, I wouldn't expect perfect balance right out of the gate. It took me a little while post-whole30 to figure out how much off-plan stuff I could tolerate (and that balance changes daily). 

Thanks. Tolerating and binging are two different things. I appreciate the answer. I don't feel like I'm denying myself much so cannot see any problems later. I so appreciate the support I get here.

Archived