Peggy's Log

Peg541

I have weight watcher friends for dinner tomorrow. I made deviled eggs made the mayo myself. I'm spiralizing zucchini and making a zucchini shrimp dish. I found some compliant spaghetti sauce in case the dish needs to be spiced up a bit. I plan on sautéeing the zucchini. Not interested in raw foods.

Should be interesting.

Dinner

Salmon. Green beans. Carrots. Guacamole. Coffee. Water.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A tip on the zucchini that has helped me. I spiralize it and then put it in a strainer and salt it really well and let it sit for 30 minutes. This helps get some of the extra moisture out. Than I squeeze it out really well with an older dish towel and then I saute it. I find the texture much more pleasant this way.

Oh thanks. This is really good to know. I don't know why I'm experimenting for friends. I should make something tried and true for them.

Today I work 7-10 am. I was out last night and did not have enough time to prep a good breakfast. I'm tired and headachy. I do have a packet of almond butter in my purse. That should help..

And it did. Perked me right up. I bought a nice Keurig on sale at Costco. Somehow coffee tastes better now. I'm missing the sweeteners but know they're poison. Keurig coffee is pretty good black.

I could have had leftovers. I have plenty. I grabbed three boiled eggs and a banana and ran out of the door. It's a good learning experience for me. Be better prepared. Plan better. I was out late last night and I love my nights at home, threw me off track. Next time I'll make a meal in a Tupperware and nuke it for breakfast. Thanks.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2014/04/zucchini-noodles-zoodles-with-lemon.html

I just spiralized the zucchini for this recipe. Not entirely noodles but I guess it's a learning curve. Im letting the water drain out by salting. Nice to try something different. Friends for dinner tonight.

Boy I got sick at 11 from not enough food. I ran to Starbucks on my way to a manicure and bought a protein box. Ate the half apple. Few grapes and the boiled egg. Gave the bread. PB and cheese to the manicurist. Not even tempted. So for my stupidity today I paid five bucks for a HB egg. That'll learn me. I'll never under eat breakfast again. My head still hurts. I ate a good lunch just now.

I'm so pleased with my resolve. Just so pleased. I'm seeing my doctor on Monday. Want my blood work done. Just to be certain I'm doing right by myself.

Day 11 after two restarts.

Breakfast.

3 scrambled eggs with mushrooms. Red peppers. Onions. Carrots. Guacamole.

Walked 2 miles before the heat hit.

Feel great. Going to weigh in for work tomorrow. Hate weighing in but it's part of the job.

LUNCH

2 3oz chicken breasts. Guacamole. Spiralized roasted sweet potato. Frankly the spiralizer barely worked on the potato. Anyone have any tips!

I work for weight watchers so have no choice. I'm keeping off a 133 lb weight loss so I really have to know. I just weigh in once a month. That's why my log got moved here. It's all ok. I know my weight is stable or dropping.

I work for weight watchers so have no choice. I'm keeping off a 133 lb weight loss so I really have to know. I just weigh in once a month. That's why my log got moved here. It's all ok. I know my weight is stable or dropping.

Gotcha, makes sense. 

Any tips for spiralizing a sweet potato? Mine barely worked. Came out too thin. Should I nuke the potato first. I think practice might help.

I cut mine in half across the middle and cut the ends off and then peel them and just spiralize them raw. You have to push pretty hard and consistently. I then saute it in coconut oil with garlic powder and sea salt. Just keep at them. Also with sweet potatoes I highly recommend washing your spiralizer as soon as you are done as they easily stain and get stuck. I've always been able to scrub it out but the quicker I do it the easier it is. I wouldn't pre-nuke because then it will be too soft I think. 

Day 13

Doing fine I want to make my portion sizes smaller. Next meal. Lunch was pretty good. Dinner will be better. I did a eat a bit more fruit yesterday. I'll cut back on everything.

I made the compliant bacon yesterday and it was pretty awful. I will not do that again.

I sautéed up a bunch of chicken sauces. Onions. Red peppers and mushrooms to mix with eggs for the week. I then made a batch of spiralized zucchini with onions. Garlic and red pepper flakes. Sautéed that all up for meals for the week. I have some compliant spaghetti sauce I can add to the zucchini and some salmon for another meal.

WW taught me to plan ahead and have plenty of food for me on hand.

Day 13

Doing fine I want to make my portion sizes smaller. Next meal. Lunch was pretty good. Dinner will be better. I did a eat a bit more fruit yesterday. I'll cut back on everything.

I made the compliant bacon yesterday and it was pretty awful. I will not do that again.

What was awful about the bacon? I can't eat bacon with sugar anymore because it tastes way too sweet. Maybe give it another shot later. Or maybe it wasn't a great brand.

Day 14

Just walked 2.7 miles. Feels great.

Breakfast

Two scrambled eggs with onion. Chicken sausage. Green beans. Red pepper. Mushrooms. Guacamole.

I'm trying to cut down in my portion sizes. We will see if this meal lasts me till lunch. Right or wrong I am 15 lbs above my goal. I have to take this off. I see my doctor tomorrow for routine blood work. That should be interesting.

Lunch

Zucchini noodles sautéed with onions in olive oil. Salmon. Guacamole.

Dinner

Salmon. Salad. Guacamole. Roast carrots.

I cut back on portions today and did just fine. Had two fruit servings. No more. Won't have that half banana to push down my pills tonight. Don't need it.

I microwaved it. Maybe I should have done it in a pan on the stove. Not sure. I hated the smell. Even raw. Lots of smoke in the smell. I'm spoiled by sugary bacon I guess.

I like to bake mine. It takes longer but it always comes out great. 20-25 minutes on a cooking sheet at 350. I've never liked microwaved bacon.

Everything going fine. I'm working on smaller portion sizes. This is important for me. Trying to get enough water too. I ate too much watermelon yesterday but that was because I was thirsty! Silly huh?

MD wholeheartedly endorses what I'm eating. Blood work cooking. She imagines it'll be normal.

Breakfast

2 eggs with veggies. Guacamole

Lunch

Tuna salad. Watermelon. Guacamole. On the run.

Dinner

Salmon. Carrots, sweet potato. Guacamole.

I'm wondering. I'm buying pre made compliant guacamole. I wonder if I'm getting too much sodium. Maybe I'll just buy and eat avocados.

I'm wondering. I'm buying pre made compliant guacamole. I wonder if I'm getting too much sodium. Maybe I'll just buy and eat avocados.

Or make your own guacomole if you really like it. I actually really love the avocado basil dressing in NomNomPaleo's cookbook. And I'm not a general guacomole/avocado fan.

Archived