Peggy's Log

Peg541

Day 11

All is well. Clothes falling off of me. 10 lbs to get to goal. Important for me to keep my job although no pressure. The push is internal.

Feel great.

Great day. Walking soon. Dinner was rib eye with baked yam and ghee. Yum.

Feel great. Nothing to report.

I love the daily emails.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 12

Doing fine. Friends for dinner tomorrow. Good menu planned. I'm satisfied.

Out tonight to dinner with our son. He and I lost weight together so we're a good team. I've got my meal planned so it'll be easy to order.

Feel fine. No problems. Not much cravings. All is well.

Doing fine. Friends for dinner. Made a lovely shrimp salad. All compliant ingredients. Should be nice. All in all I feel great. Few cravings popping up but they're manageable. I made and hung up a list of five things to do when I can't let go of a craving. It helps a lot. Plus what I'm craving? I'd have to go out and buy. I won't do that. LOL!

Day 13

Breakfast

Scrambled eggs with broccoli, onions, peppers, chicken sausage.

Lunch

Shrimp with home made cocktail sauce. Watermelon. Not too hungry and have friends coming for dinner. Will eat then.

Dinner

Big green salad. Shrimp avocado salad. Guacamole. One serving assorted fruit.

Good day yesterday. Long work day. Food went fine but I'm feeling sad about what I can't eat. Today is no better. My mood is bad. This is DAY 15 for me. Is this another bad day? We are going out to lunch and I have figured out a compliant meal for me. I'm just cranky about what to eat for breakfast. No lists necessary. I've got it all but I want bread. We have fresh challah here. It's not easy to look at.

I'll be fine but I imagine not a lot of fun today.

Definitely. I am so much stronger than the food. It was a low moment. I'm very good at non food activities. The whole day is set up according to where I can eat. This will be fine and all we really want is to be together. Kids gotta eat so it's food. LOL! Once I ate my breakfast I felt better. I think my blood sugar was low.

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT.

I did fine with lunch out. Ate well and compliant. Took my own avocado mayonnaise with me. Boy that was good. I will make that again since I'm confident of the ingredients rather than buying guacamole.

Doing fine. It was a low moment this morning. I bet blood sugar as I slept in a tad.

Doing fine. Happy. Food going famously. I can't believe I've lasted so long. And how easy this really is. I wonder if I'd even add one thing back other than occasionally. Like one piece of toast now and then. But not right now even though I've been way more than 30 days. No cravings. There are some "wants but don't needs" but those I can do without too. All in all I'm very happy.

I thank all of the moderators for their continued support. Cannot do this alone.

Great day. Walked six miles. Felt great. Food just going so well. I might get brave enough to weigh in tomorrow. I'm not a happy scale person. Never have been. But I have to for work.

I really craved salt yesterday. I think I'm doing this because my condiment list is low. I have to defrost some guacamole fast. Today I will eliminate most salt to make up for yesterday. Also drink more water.

Walking tonight. Feel great. I'll also make some of the condiments that were in today's email. That will help.

Today I will eliminate most salt to make up for yesterday. 

Peggy- What is this about? Don't punish yourself. You likely craved salt because you needed salt. Lots of people eating this way go too low sodium (they are used to getting salt from packaged foods. no packaged foods here). Get some great sea salt (I love celtic) and enjoy!

Working really hard today on only two servings of fruit. I don't feel like I'm replacing sugar with fruit but rules are rules.

Great day so far. Good food. No cravings.

The 1-2 servings of fruit is a recommended starting point for daily fruit servings on a Whole30. The big thing to avoid is fruit taking the place of vegetables during meals.

In fact, Whole30 just posted on Facebook two days ago about fruit:

"It's summer. Eat lots of fruit. (But that also means you eat less in winter, because everything, including food, has a natural cycle.) However, we always encourage you to be aware WHY you are consuming fruit. Want a sweet, juicy, delicious addition to a meal, or a tasty and seasonal side dish? Add fruit! Dying for some candy and frozen grapes are as close as you can get? Think twice. We want you to change your habits and break old cravings, and mindlessly hoovering a pint of raspberries because you're bored, lonely, or anxious isn't the behavior we want you to perpetuate during your Whole30. Make sense?"

Chris that's sort of what I'm doing. Stopping the mindless hoovering of fruit.

I'm in good shape. Exercising. Eating well. Observant. I mean what more can we ask for except that we are aware of what goes into our mouths?

Watched a scary documentary on PBS last night. GLOBESITY. Wish I had recorded it.

Cooked all afternoon. Now I'm ready for the week.  This is great.  Keeps me free all day tomorrow, day off.  I might pack a lunch and go to the beach. Unheard of for me. 

I just don't ever see me using fruit as a replacement for sugar. Fruit is fruit and has a rightful place in my diet.  I know it's sweet and it's fun because it's sweet but it will not replace candy or cake or whatever sweets I am avoiding.  It's Summer and the fruit is plentiful and cheap.  I'm enjoying it but keeping a handle on portions. 

Doing fine. Out tonight with the girls. I don't want to be non compliant so I'll order two salads and bring my own avocado mayonnaise. The company will be fun and I don't need the sushi.

I made pulled pork the other day. Used all the spices in the paleo recipe. Just had it for dinner and boy was that good. Same stuff I had on top of salad at chipotle in NYC last month. Tonight I had it with guacamole and green beans. Very good. One of the first paleo recipes I can enjoy. Glad to have found this.

Doing fine. This would be day 21 if I were counting. Food going fine. No cravings. My husband brought home white Oreos. I want one. Not one but 12. So I won't bother. I can pass them by easily.

I'll have the pulled pork on a salad with guacamole for lunch. Sounds good huh? It's not too pretty so I had better eat it before it goes bad. Tastes good though.

Doing fine. Yesterday I decided to eat something off plan. I had BBQ spare ribs. Boy did I ever get a headache. I assume it was from the sugar. First sugar I've had since May 3 rd. I'm off of it again. It was no fun the ribs were good but not that good. I've not missed sugar anyway. I'm not counting days any longer. Just being.

Did some cooking to get me ready for the week. Been busy. Activity has fallen off. After today it'll be better.

I skipped a few days posting but I'm doing really well. I feel like a million dollars. I'm considering adding a few things back now and then. I hade BBQ spare ribs the other day and had a 2 day headache. Was that the sugar? My first sugar since early May. I was not impressed....

For me it's easier being on program than off. If I were losing too much weight it would be a different story but I've leveled off. I'd like to lose more but frankly I LOOK great too!

I'm still doing a lot of cooking once or twice a week to have foods on hand for me.

Archived