Rewards

greenfaile

I'm not sure where to post this.  I did a search and didn't find a spot that seemed right.  I want to ask - does anyone else reward themselves for getting through a day or a week of the whole30?

And since most rewards (for some of us) used to be food, what do you use now?

I've bought a song yesterday. 

"Always look on the bright side of life."

This weekend I was thinking mani/pedi if I get through the whole week no slips (which I will).  Not even considering a screw up.

So...others input please?

I am not an expert but I think you should do what works for you. If you enjoy rewarding yourself then go for it. I don't find eating this way hard so it never occurred to me to reward myself, maybe I should think about doing that more.

I agree to do what works best for you. My only caution about the reward system is it can enforce an attitude of "I was good/bad" based on your choices about food that this program tries to eliminate. Yes this program has strict rules and guidelines but slipping up doesn't make you a bad person and not slipping up doesn't make you a good person. When we see our food decisions as just choices that have no impact on our self worth it brings a lot of freedom. Does that make sense?

I'm on my third W30, and in all 3, I've treated myself to something on Day 14 that would help me out. Well Fed and WF2, ghee, a new lunchbox and pretty tablecloths (OK, not technically helping, but makes eating an even happier experience). 

I guess the difference is I look at mine as a treat, and as treating myself to things that will make W30 easier or better, rather than a reward. I agree with Beth, don't make it a moral statement. 

I have signed up.  I guess some might not like the word reward (semantics) - but I'd rather think about a new bottle of nail polish or a song then about what to eat next.  I think overplanning meals is a bit of an obsession and 'rewards' as a distraction.  Thanks guys!

Archived