Did you find yourself sweeter and kinder after Whole30 reintro?

MeadowLily

Irony Mark

It's ironic that those with a food addiction have convinced themselves albeit you've reached your highest weight ever recorded which took months and years to get there and you now believe that a 3 day dieting hack will change your relationship with food.

Food Addiction is chronically rewarding yourself with food in the unconscious mode. Automatic pilot.

All the while you were eating yourself to the Certitude Point, the point of no return...

Not one single time during the eating all the things process did your mind or body stop you.  Not. One. Time.

They are hail bent on seeing to it that you eat or drink or shop or gamble or smoke yourself to death. They don't stop you.

It takes an intervention.

You can't fix a broken brain with a broken brain.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love Point

STOP. In the name of love. For yourself.

Every time you start another diet the ground grows colder that you will ever reach your Dream Weight.

Your Brain Weight goes higher and higher with every insulin excursion and Dieting Cruise.

Every time you START over and over and over again, your Brain Weight is going higher.

Everyone's brain has a set body weight range. Your brain is going to fiercely defend that.

No matter what the number on the scales your brain is stuck on a range.  It is determined by your genetics and how many times you've dieted and hacked your weight.

Keep dieting. Starting over and over and over.

Losing 8-10 lbs one month, rebound back within the next few months, starting over again and your dream weight becomes much further out of reach.

Everytime you go on a diet you are digging a much deeper hole for yourself.  Every start over has consequences and your Dream Weight = a dog chasing after new tires for the rest of your life.

Enervated Point

Are you a dieting lifer?

Are you a lifetime card carrying member of a dieting club?

Believing that you are a lifelong dieter lessens the strength and resolve of your will to find your pathway to healing.

It weakens your True Grit.

Noisome Point

Plan on boring your family members and friends with your dieting blathering and foaming at the mouth for the rest of their lives?

Think again.

They've tuned that out a long, long time ago. Talk to the hand, no one is listening.

They're worn out with all of it.

Find someone and sit down. Face-to-Face

Food addiction progresses with age. You cannot fix it with a 3 day dieting hack or any kind of diet. 

If you don't have a food addiction, you will remain the same not suffering with wild swings UP and down with your weight.

Abby normal is not a part of you. Be happy about that.

Inflammation Point

Easily inflamed? Highly reactive?

Highly reactive vs. Reflective. A sign of addiction.

Always trying to pick out the flaws in others, that is stink on stink.

Are you always testing others with insult to see how gentle they may be?

No invites to go shopping or come on over for dinner. There's your sign. People running the other direction when they see you coming. There's your sign.

Quick to pounce on others.  That's not a team effort but a dog pack.

Are you out-standing in your field, alone....there's your

sign.

Factoid

Another 3 day dieting hack with 5 saltine crackers, 2 hotdogs and a bowl of ice cream is not going to fix any of this. Snap out of it and get a grip.

A 30 day dieting hack of eating nothing but sweet potatoes or cold baked potatoes for 30 days is not a cure for a food addiction.

Another binge or thrill eating ride is not a cure for a food addiction.

You need help and your loved ones are secretly hoping and praying that you will reach out for HELP.  The kind of help that heals and puts you on the pathway to your healing. 

Nonplussed Point

This is the state you must reach when you decide that this could be the day that you stop doing that destructive thing you've been doing to yourself.

You don't wait for another month to go by. You don't wait for your vacay = A Traveling Cruise Ship of commitment to food rewards above everything else in your life to have control over you.

Food Addiction is a lifetime buffet table of food rewards wherever you may go.

Food Addiction. The eating gets more destructive day by day. It progresses with age. Chronically rewarding yourself with food has serious consequences.

Fat Serenity vs. Food Serenity

Relapse

Rebound - Eating it all back

Interrobang Point

My brain and body are a couple of nitwits.

They don't help me. Left to their own devices they would encourage me to slide back off the goose before I could say mini-meal. They don't care about me.

My spirit cares.

So what is this then.

What we have here is a daily reprieve contingent on the Maintenance of a Spiritual Condition.

Delicate health conditions are so patently unfair. It saddens me to see others with this same ongoing struggle.

Dieting hacks won't fix your brain. We work better as a team rather than a dog pack.

Food addiction is highly reactive. It's going to take alot of spiritual conditioning to tame that tiger.

Food addicts have to let the tiger out the cage 3 X day to eat.

Don't wait another day for crying outloud.

TODAY could be the day you choose to stop doing that destructive thing you've been doing to yourself.

Are you going to be eating all the things before the actual day you begin your Whole 30?

That won't solve a cotton pickin' thing either.

Much Love. Felicias. Much Love. Tanto Amore.

Happy Birthday, Paw

You. Are. Greatly. Missed.

You paved the way for all of us. I didn't know that 3 years ago on your birthday, I started this thread.

It will always be in honor of your birthday.

Did I thank you enough for all that you have done for us?

For every day you were loyally by our sides.

You led by example.

Hard work, good judgment, wisdom

You were always a man of integrity

I'm thanking you now for what I hope

You knew all along

How much you meant to all of us.

You can't fake committed parenthood or good animal husbandry. From beginning to end.

Committed parenthood engages the brain along with the process of taking care of the children. Not only out of obligation but out of love. Grizzly bears have it in spades.

A high degree of quality, a great abundance of love. Massive.

Solar retinopathy:

Exposing your eyes to the sun without proper eye protection during a solar eclipse can cause “eclipse blindness” or retinal burns, also known as solar retinopathy. This exposure to the light can cause damage or even destroy cells in the retina (the back of the eye) that transmit what you see to the brain. This damage can be temporary or permanent and occurs with no pain. It can take a few hours to a few days after viewing the solar eclipse to realize the damage that has occurred.

We're in the Path of Totality. You may be tempted to look UP but stay inside if you are. Watching the moon pass in front of the sun is soooo not worth it for your eyes. Sunglasses aren't enough to stop the damage.

They say that two robots were just milling around and shooting the breeze with one another.

I'm not surprised. There's nothing new under the sun. 

Many, many moons ago, I believe they were all talking in a Universal language and someone pulled the plug back then, too.

Open the pod bay doors, HAL.

Dave, Dave....I could see your lips move.

Are you diluting the value of your process.

Trying to combine all of your past dieting and insulin excursions with a Whole 30.  Counting macros, micros, calories, points and steps.

Every step you take, every move you make, I'll be watching you. Every single day, every word you say, ever game you play with your metabolism, every night you stay awake you'll be digging a deeper hole with your stress response to food triggers and your battery will run out of juice, HAL.

Always living for the mountaintop experience. Food addiction is not the only addiction. Adrenaline junkies have it, too. They have a compulsive desire for excitement and adventure.

Nothing can rob them of the joy they feel on the mountaintop. Oooo, there may be a few flashes of life to death and back to life again but they're living for the thrill.

It can take many years before their lexicon catches UP with their adventures.

If the adrenaline junkie is not grounded they can become a lost and wandering sheep. I'm surrounded by mountaintop adventurers wherever I go.

Our minds are not as reliable as we think they are and our hearts are prone to wander and meander outside of the river banks.

The mountaintop experience can be perilous and I've known some who've lost their life. For them, the sight at the top is worth the risk with less oxygen, winds hurling and falling 100's of feet off the mountaintops.

The lure of the mountaintop - setting up their tent in the clouds is great. Extremes beget extremes. Being driven to extremes, the mind and body are drivers.

Addiction is not only substances but addictive behaviors, too.

Choices and Consequences. Weighing the risks.

Food addiction is not a weight loss problem.

Addiction is the inability to understand the nature of the risk.

Addiction begets Addiction. It's not only substances but behaviors.

Cross-addiction doesn't have to substitute another substance, it can sub in another behavior just like the first one.

They always say it will never happen again and then it does.

Archived