Sourcing Good Food in New Zealand?

nessa

Are there any fellow Kiwi members? Are you struggling to source some Whole30 food in our little country? I definitely am - especially NOT being in a major city.

Any websites, health food stores that you know of that supply some compliant food - including sugar-free bacon which I haven't found yet :( - can be shared here :) 

If you can find any small local pig farms, they may produce sugar free bacon. Also check any grass-fed promoting butchers. Most of the commercial stuff has sugar (and wheat and corn) added. 

You may have more luck with prosciutto or other non-bacon pork, some are just pork and salt.

From what I've read, NZ has fabulous seafood and grass fed lamb.

Hi I am in Australia and have had no luck with sugar free bacon here either. I have put in a few orders to iherb.com for some essentials like ghee, spices such as chipotle, Lara bars (as an emergency) and sugar free coconut aminos. In my next order I will grab some sea snax :D. It's in the us but I've found it to be fast delivery and reasonable postage and I could not find sugar free coconut aminos here.

Hi I am in Australia and have had no luck with sugar free bacon here either. I have put in a few orders to iherb.com for some essentials like ghee, spices such as chipotle, Lara bars (as an emergency) and sugar free coconut aminos. In my next order I will grab some sea snax :D. It's in the us but I've found it to be fast delivery and reasonable postage and I could not find sugar free coconut aminos here.

Istra bacon is compliant, made in Victoria and sold at the healthfood deli in tooronga village next time you're up. Woollies has compliant proscuito but it is expensive.

Are there any fellow Kiwi members? Are you struggling to source some Whole30 food in our little country? I definitely am - especially NOT being in a major city.

Any websites, health food stores that you know of that supply some compliant food - including sugar-free bacon which I haven't found yet :( - can be shared here :) 

Nessa I sourced some sugar free bacon in New Zealand through info I found on this thread:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/archive/index.php/t-67032.html

Here's another thread with some good info (some not relevant here):

http://www.lowcarbnz.co.nz/Products/buyproducts.htm

I know that in NZ Google sometimes defaults to www.google.co.nz, I think you get way better search results with www.google.com. 

Just a thought! I am a Kiwi living in the USA. 

Just an FYI that your difficulties in finding sugar-free bacon are not limited to NZ.  Many of our US members report being unable to find sugar-free bacon in their grocery stores, even in large chains.  That said, good luck and hope some of the above advice brings you sugar-free bacon!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived