Posting AND Inserting Photos

Deb.

Hello,

I know how to attach a photo to a post, but those photos come out very small, as thumbnails. 

I was told that by posting a URL within the picture icon thingy, it would insert a photo into the post. 

I have tried this with both photo bucket and instagram and both were denied, saying that those extensions weren't permitted on this forum. 

What extensions ARE permitted on the forum? I joined photobucket specifically because I was told that it was. 

Can you clarify this photo posting thing once and for all? It is quite confusing and frustrating. 

Thank you! 

When you go to a hosting site there should be a link of some sort to share a photo and there is usually several URL's available with tags that are appropriate for different formats. A forum appropriate one usually starts and ends with square bracket tags. I'm not on Photobucket or Instagram but I know you can at least from the former. I use Flickr and it has always worked for me. 

• 2 weeks later...

When you go to a hosting site there should be a link of some sort to share a photo and there is usually several URL's available with tags that are appropriate for different formats. A forum appropriate one usually starts and ends with square bracket tags. I'm not on Photobucket or Instagram but I know you can at least from the former. I use Flickr and it has always worked for me. 

Flickr does not work for me sadly. Other stuff will randomly embed with no rhyme or reason. 

Is there are tech support person that I could e mail to get to the bottom of this? 

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What do you do if you resolutely refuse to post your private images on a public website?  I don't care how many filters and blocks I can put on them to make them private... they are still in the public domain on a website that belongs to someone else.  I understand we're just talking about pictures of food here but I still have no wish to subscribe to any of these types of site?

What do you do if you resolutely refuse to post your private images on a public website?  I don't care how many filters and blocks I can put on them to make them private... they are still in the public domain on a website that belongs to someone else.  I understand we're just talking about pictures of food here but I still have no wish to subscribe to any of these types of site?

Then why would you want to post them here? This is also a public website. I understand your concern about privacy, just pointing out that they are not any more private if you post them here.

• Moderators

You can attach files from your computer, but they'll show up as thumbnails and not as big pictures -- people then click on them to see them larger. To do this, you'll need to click on More Reply Options at the bottom of the space you would type your post in, and then at the bottom of that, there'll be a place that says Attach Files -- click that and choose the pictures you want to attach. 

Archived