Confused about teas.

Megsymoo

I love my teas and have quite a selection including peppermint, ginger, chai, earl grey and rooibos. One of my favourites is a Dilmah rose with French vanilla as displayed below. The ingredients are listed as: pure Ceylon black tea with French vanilla and rose flavours. Am I allowed this or are the 'flavours' not allowed?

Meg

post-50431-0-09387100-1407850618_thumb.jpost-50431-0-09387100-1407850618_thumb.j

I believe flavors would be a gray area. I am not an expert but I think you can decide if you want to have this on your whole30. Just make sure your teas don't have soy or stevia or other non compliant ingredients and you should be good. Enjoy!

I'm a tea and coffee lover.   

I drink "1706 Strong Breakfast" tea as a coffee replacement in the morning.  It's plain but a master blend.

How about giving all flavors up for plain janes then you won't have to worry about the additives.

Named after the year that Twinings was founded, 1706 is a refined gold tea, expertly blended from the finest teas to create a drink that makes every occasion a little more special.

Flavour & Occasion:
A lively tea full of flavour. Ideal for any time of the day.

• 2 weeks later...

I also sell teas so I'm going with, as one poster mentioned, pure teas. No extra flavours natural or otherwise. Chances are though they are in such minute percentages that if it even had 1 calorie I'd be suprised.

So pure black , green including matcha for a kick, white, pu-erh, and any of the unsweetened rooibos teas. Most herbals are very serious about their ingredients and aside from carmel and other obvious additives, they would be okay to consume.  In fact with green tea I'd highly recommend it! :D

Archived