Coconut Water - good or bad?

ragbaby

My local shop sells 100% coconut water and it's really cheap!

I could drink this by the litre but I'm not because I'm worried that it's just fattening or something - old food thoughts and associations are hard to shift.

It comes in 300ml bottles - how much is ok to drink in a day?

• 10 months later...

Sorry to post on an ancient thread, but I was searching for a coconut water thread and found this one. So coconut water is ok for long runs? But I see sugars in the nutrition facts.... Where can I find a name for an easy to find, Whole30 compliant coconut water? Thanks!

• Moderators

Sorry to post on an ancient thread, but I was searching for a coconut water thread and found this one. So coconut water is ok for long runs? But I see sugars in the nutrition facts.... Where can I find a name for an easy to find, Whole30 compliant coconut water? Thanks!

For any food, it's not sugars in the nutrition facts that you're looking for, it's sugar (or any sweetener, and they can be called by a variety of names) in the actual ingredient list.

We prefer not to recommend particular brands, as recipes can vary from region to region, and can change over time. You'll need to go to your store and look at labels.

Archived