More Changes to Come

Tina Marie

good morning - universe !!  

it has been a very busy day at work - so hard to get any typing done !  

I am trying to get back to eating better for myself - so stocked up on veggies.. and a bit of meat. .. funny how paydays affect what you buy and what you don't buy !!     Now just have to find the motivation to make something with all of it !!  LOL   I have to otherwise I will be eating a salad for the next few days

Ok so this post isn't getting anywhere because I can't multi task - so I will just have to sign on later ... 

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a hard couple of days .... have had migraines every day - not sure if it is stress or food.  I've been eating slightly off track.   I had some ice cream from Culvers and some crackers, some veggie flavored cream cheese..... I found some gluten free crackers that do not upset my stomach, and my foot doesn't hurt.  I have pain in the right foot, but the doc said my pain is nerve pain, and it hurts. I do know eating better makes is less painful and further in between. So I guess I was justifying why I could eat those crackers.

I don't know why I bought the ice cream - I have coconut milk in my pantry to make some more coconut ice cream.  Yes I know why - I want some custard with chocolate, pecans and carmel !!   but they had a special for buy 1 quart and get 2nd 1/2 off.  Brooke loves ice cream so I thought - why not.  I just have to be more disciplined and NOT indulge.   I just need to make my own. End of Story

Had some stressors this week - was suppose to go to a girls weekend this weekend.  BUT had a falling out with one of them, and decided to stay home instead of having a potentially stressful weekend, instead of relaxing. Then to come to find out -they invited a different friend to take my place..My dear daughter is going through the wonderful teenager stuff  ~ and of course I am the one that gets the brunt of her anger, sadness or what ever mood she is in.. Almost open that bottle of wine that is on my bakers rack~  but I didn't.  Old me would have  Old me didn't care how alcohol was affecting me.  Old me would have drank the whole bottle while saying "Poor Me".

I have a new project to keep me busy this weekend - I rescued an old dresser from the dump, painted it  (still needs topcoat) cut some wood for shelves where the drawers were, then will get baskets, or containers to put on the shelves.  It is going into my back entry way to hold our shoes, scarves/mittens, keys  and paper recycling.   I can't wait for it to be done.... I have to go out in a bit and put on the topcoat, and I'm gonna line the inside with some pretty wrapping paper.

So glad I have off these next few days. Lots to be done in the house, want to get some organization done.

well I'm off

had another migraine last night - I am not sure if work is causing it (pretty stressful - Mondays are terrible) or the ice cream that I had !  Yup  - I  caved....  then got a migraine - so I think that maybe the cause. ....   not sure if I should try a test.    OH  and I had a bit of sour cream on my nachos...oh dang  - I guess I ought to do a reset for a few days.

I have not weighed myself since coming back from va-k so tomorrow I am going to hop on my daughter's scale and see how I am doing.  Clothes are not tight- which has been my way of judging any weight gain.

I made it through lunch - no ice cream.... but I WANT ice cream... that would be my sugar dragon ~ rearing its ugly head.  I also did not snack today (atleast up to right this moment !!) 

I am thinking that I will go back to logging my food.

M1  scrambled eggs w/ fried cabbage, left over asparagus and some potato

M2 was a salad  (a little on the sad side) lettuce, tomatoes and baked chicken.  w/ a homemade dressing, balsamic vinegar, mustard and avocado oil.

tonight will be some salmon w/ probably sw potatoes and reg potatoes fried and left over asparagus. 

Money has been tight - due to improper planning on my part.  so veggies are on the slim side - need to do some shopping. also with my dear daughter deciding she wants to be a vegetarian, is making my life slightly more difficult.

Ok  enough whinning..  

catch ya on the flip side

I feel like typing in the colors of the rainbow today.....so made it through the day with no dairy... so as of right now no headache !  also made it through with no snacking... mindless snacking.  I did not need to eat any "mini" meals.   So Yah for today !!  M3 was a bit of salmon, with sw potato & broccoli   Wow - yellow is kinda hard to see !!  LOL.

off to bed - babysitting little man tomorrow so my daughter can get her volunteer time done before school starts.

good evening...    Yesterday was a day of off roading-  nothing horrible ~but spent the day with my grandson, so it was food...  I had scrambled eggs with him, but no veggies.   Lunch was a cheese pizza, (2 slices) with a bowl of salad.  (too help balance the bad !!  LOL)  and then a few sushi rolls for dinner.   Had a bit of stomach grumbling at the end of the night (I know rice to be the cause) .  BUT  and it is a big BUTT too.. LOL  - no ice cream... ooops I take the back.  grandson had an ice cream sandwich and he couldn't finish the last 2 bites so I finished it.

Climbed on the scale at my daughters - drummm roll -  173.4   I thought I would be higher for whatever reason.  Although my clothes are still fitting just fine so I know - in my brain- I didn't gain weight ~ nice surprise to see 4 more lbs go.

Todays are embarrassing - but I am being accountable

M1 today  3 eggs w/ cooked broccoli slaw & mushrooms

M2 - nachos with lots of tomatoes,

m3  - was sandwich spread on nut crackers, and some pizza roll ups.

Tonight after work - I am going to do some freezer diving so I can see what I have in there for veggies.  I do have a few zucchinis on my counter, so may fry up some of that for lunch/breakfast tomorrow, need to shred some for some meatballs.

good night everyone

have gotten the snacking back under control !  no snacks since Tues....  1 battle that I am winning again.  the mindless hand to mouth motion.

Groceries are on the pitiful side ~  my dear daughter has been very crabby and not happy with her food choice as far as being a vegetarian.  It is difficult because so many recipes call for soy or beans or both.   Trying to come up with meals that satisfy both of us.  I have found a 'meatless - soy free and gmo free"  chicken/hamburger   made her "chicken" with a cream cheese/Dijon mustard sauce  w/ a side of rice and peas.   That seemed to work for her.  I used to make that all the time - but she claimed she no longer liked it - hmmmm she ate all of it yesterday !

grandson's birthday party is tomorrow - not sweating the food but I know there will be a lot that may not be good choices for me ~  we will see !!

Enjoying my day off - well I did work OT for 2 hrs this morning - need to make up for 1 Direction concert tickets and hotel- which was my 14 yr olds Christmas present.  Concert is next Tues.. daughter is very excited - except for some reason she thought her sister and her where going on their own....HAAAHAAA  silly girl-  I'm staying in the hotel with my 4 yr grandson - enjoy the pool and relaxation !  OOOHH  just remembered I have a dog that I have to tend to !!   OH oh

Have been trying to stay compliant or atleast not going off the rails !!

did some freezer diving - a dish of shephards pie (compliant) some char siu pork and a pork roast. Thank goodness cuz I did not buy any proteins and money is tight until Friday.   I am making the Silky Gingered Zucchini soup from Well Fed2.. love that soup.  My daughter had planted 2 or 3 plants - not realizing that each plants gives her a bunch of veggies !!!  The shock on her face was Priceless !!

today

M1 char siu pork w/ potatoe and cauliflower

M2  was pork roast w/ baked potato, and peas (I know the peas are not compliant but that is what I had on hand)

M3...  ???     probably a repeat of the above.

Missing the ritual of having coffee.... so I decided that chai will have to do... added some coconut milk for creaminess... and it was exactly what I wanted.  Some mornings I have a cup of broth and that is a good substitute as well,

I was going to have a glass of wine - but decided that I was only going for the wine because my daughter stressed me out.... and that I am not working - so thought why not.  BUT I did not.. having another mug of chai tea instead

Off for now...

Good Morning - boy it is chilly this morning - thank god I don't have to drive into work.  I don't like to be cold - and today is chilly.  It is fall weather already.  <_<  BUT it is suppose to be back in the 80s over the weekend.

I have finally tried Kombucha - all the rumblings from people that like it, made me try it.    Got a citrus flavor -reminds me of tequila. !   not sure I like it yet.

I have been trying to post this log all morning - at work now - and it is so busy..

So this morning I just realized that the "nerve pain" (or so the doc says) in my right foot has been gone... for a few days.   I have not eaten many eggs or sweet potatoes in the last week,   could they be a cause ??   Now I must wonder....  I like my sweet potatoes - and eggs.     I had eggs yesterday (I think M1) and sweet potatoe this morning.   we will see if it comes back.

Finished the pork roast this morning with sweet potatoes,  there is a bit of char siu pork left (it is a bit on the dry side... so have been leaving that til the end -  sometimes I feel like a child - No I don't want to eat that)  There is nothing wrong with it and I hate to waste food, so I will probably add a bit of coconut aminos to it.

Must do more shopping - went the other day to get enough to get me through until pay day.  I want to make some coconut ice cream again...  it has been calling to me ~ with the fresh strawberries that I froze in July.  YUMMMM

had a good few days... took my kids to Milwaukee - my daughters went to the One Direction concert and I hung out with my grandson at the hotel  ~  enjoyed the pool and played games.  Food on both Tues and Wed were totally off, except for breakfast on both days.  The hotel had a great made to order buffet, so Wed I had a really good M1.  then didn't eat again until dinner which was a big salad. 

I had some cookies - now there is 1 left and I will leave it for Brooke !!   then no more sweets. 

I bought a chicken sausage w/ sweet apple by Al Fresco....  they are really really really sweet.  I wanted to try them for something new.  1 was enough.  I think the next one will be eaten in a salad because it was too much on its own.  the rest will be frozen - maybe add it to sweet potato/butternut squash soup.

This weekend will be busy - visiting with friends and getting hair done..

wow - where did the weekend - and Monday go ?? :o

well I stepped on the scale this weekend ...  and am down another 2 lbs !  getting so close to 160's !!

it has been so busy - not able to type in between calls... 

anyway - going to Packers vs Saints game on Thursday !!  whoot whoot   weather is going to be nice - no need to wear 5 layers of clothes this time :lol:

Good morning -  working a bit of OT this morning so decided to try and post before logging on.

Bought some brats last night - ate a bit this morning with my cauliflower/zucchini sauté and it was TOO SWEET !!!  I can't believe that I didn't enjoy it - loved brats .. loved them - but now - I think I will give the leftovers to my son-in-law to throw on his grill. 

ate about 5 forkfuls of a chocolate cake last night - it was good - not "too die for" cake  (its hard to get too die for cake here)  I don't want to bake a cake - then I will have it in my freezer and it will just be temptation - calling to me at random times- and it will be too easy to access.  I do have some zucchini from my daughter - I think I will make a zucchini bread.  Have a banana bread recipe with almond flour - and it was good so I know I can make a zucchini bread.  I never use as much sugar as it calls for in recipes - so that doesn't really worry me.  That is my goal for the weekend - before my zucchini goes bad.

Will also make zucchini soup from well fed(2)- delish soup and it freezes wonderfully. 

stomach is gurgly this morning... lets recap - and you will see why.   Enjoy a bit of apple pie (drink), pizza (ask for light cheese on my side - but still was too much cheese + the crust)  cake .... oh  and some onion dip.    So terrible  eating = gurgly stomach ... BUT I am not worrying about it - stressing over - or beating myself up .   I made these choices because I was tired of the same old same old, but I never let 1 day or meal or snack keep me from going back to good eating..  For me it is not option to go back to the old Tina - the old Tina was not healthy.   I want to age beautifully and be the healthiest I can.

Happy After Labor Day week....  and what a busy week it is suppose to be (at work anyway)

Foot pain is back - and I know why - too much crackers and some cream cheese.. maybe that bit of sugar that is in .... what ever I may have eaten.   Yesterday I helped a friend move some stuff - enjoyed a pizza... and then I decided - well had the pizza - might as well have a small bowl of custard ice cream.  I had decided yesterday already that a w7 would be a good thing for me.

I also have decided that after this mini whole - I am going to stop eating eggs and after that trail - stop eating sweet potatoes.  Because for a while there - there was no - absolutely- none - zip -nada pain.  and I don't know if the eggs and sw potato might have had something to do with it.  There was a period of time that I did  not eat either of those

So - today ate well.. did have a snack of a pear and then left over spaghetti w/ spaghetti sauce. (I was actually hungry)  so here is my day

m1 was 3 eggs w/ fried spaghetti squash patties and some broiled potatoes

snack pear and a small bowl of spaghetti

m2  was spaghetti

m3  salad..  greens with gr beef, boiled egg, and home made balsamic dressing

ok back to work from some OT -  Later

so my w7 - never went anywhere... well - right off the rails - that is where it went.  Bad week - no good food in the house, financial stress - school stress....

I ate ok - but I feel it today - bloaty feeling, headache, no energy -  All my own doing.

BUT 1 good thing - I started a 30 day Plank challenge with a friend... on day 4 now. we will see - it is a harder than it looks that is for certain.

ok - made today almost 100% compliant - except M3  I have some Popcorners with my salad.  which are popped corn chips - gluten free.  needed wanted something salty, and something that was not SALAD or veggies..     had a handful -then put the bag away.

ok recap

m1 was sweet potato and roasted chicken

m2 was a BLT  (oopss bacon is not compliant as well -darn)

m3 salad with roasted chicken and the popcorners...

I really need to go shopping and get some variety in my life..  I thought I had gr beef - either my freezer ate it - or I can't count.  I need something to make in the mornings instead of winging it so much.  I have a 1/2 head of cabbage and cauliflower that I do like fried - just need a protein.  I have been doing OT so when I get done with that - I do not feel like shopping ... I have to just do it.  maybe tomorrow night.

I

day 2 - made it through again almost 100% compliant    I am not doing an official w30 right now - just trying to get back on track   -  I did not eat any of the pringle chips that I bought my daughter - None  - that was slightly tempting.  BUT I have eaten good today so trying to not backslide. 

I know I need a reset - my cat climbed on my belly and it was very uncomfortable.    I remember many years ago I asked my doctor about my sore stomach, and how achey and yucky I always felt - and she never gave  me a reason for it... Now I know !

Archived