More Changes to Come

Tina Marie

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so I did not like the polenta - I think it really needs the cheese in it - and I did not put cheese in it.   I did not have any stomach issues with the tortillas or the corn chips.. now I will wait and see if there is any affect on my feet.

M1 was cabbage bowl w/ cut up chicken cauliflower patties

M2 will be a salad
M3 no clue - cuz I have to go grocery shopping !

I have no veggies except asparagus, so I need to go and stock up again.

Hi everyone, I'm crawling out from under my duvet and starting to face living again.  That sounds dramatic, but I have been so low.  I suppose it has been a life lesson for me, how without warning mental health can deteriorate; I will certainly have more tolerance for other's moods now!   Needless to say, while I have been down and anxious, healthy eating has been the last thing on my mind.  My default mode has been bread - either a sandwich or toast, and crisps.   Now I have a fridge full of colourful veggies again, and I am determined to eat them.  I have noticed that my month essentially of eating wheat has resurrected some of the old friends - my joints ache, my fingers are cracking as I type and my neck is sooo painful too.   I don't feel in a place to go back to a W30, even though it would probably be the best thing for me, but I am committing here to drop the wheat right now!  

Here in England the weather is very changeable - sunshine and rain can change places in a matter of minutes however driving home from the shops this morning the two combined to form a perfect rainbow arching over a couple of fields with the sea as a backdrop.   The colours were particularly vivid against the storm grey sky, it was so stunning, I was glad my husband was driving so I could just indulge in the sight of it!   It seemed appropriate timing for it to appear as my health feels improved too. Awesome!  

I hope I'll be here more regularly again now, hope you are all ok.   Tina you are truly inspirational keeping going!   Lori, you'll reach a good place again soon.  Donna, I hope all is well with you.

Take care everyone, C x

chrissie - how wonderful to have such a wonderful sight to help you start "anew".   I'm sorry to hear that you have been going through such a hard time.

Good for you to get some stash in your fridge.  Remember baby steps - no reason to tackle the whole mountain when you can move just 1 stone.  and WHEAT is your stone.

I am seeing that wheat is not my friend either   well I think any of it - actually.   I had 2 slices of pizza last night and today I am now in some gut distress.  I usually get a thin crust pizza, this one was not.  So that and combined with cheese - and today I am suffering.  Had to cancel my wine tasting and trail walking because who knows when the cramps are going to hit.

I did not have trouble with the corn - and may try to make a pizza with polenta as the crust  - maybe -  the cheese might be causing problems too.  and if that is the case - then I think I may have to give up the pizza  cuz really - what is the point if you can't have cheese !!!

well everyone I hope you have a wonderful saturday

This morning the foot pain is back...  I am inclined to think that the corn had something to do with it... although can't entirely rule out the pizza I had... but if it was the pizza, it cause the foot pain rather quickly. 

Today am making Asian meatballs, curry meatballs, the pork patties w/ bacon apple stuffing, baking sw potatoes and butternut squash. Also going to make magic mushroom dust from nom nom paleo.   For dinner will be salmon, with asparagus and probably sw. potatoes.   I am also making a fudge like dessert.... from paleomg, called Chocolate Hazelnut Truffle Squares,  but of course - I am modifying it some.  the recipe calls for hazelnuts (which are pretty pricey) so I am substituting pecans and walnuts.  also swapping out the hazelnut butter with the cashew butter I already have on hand.   Of course I will let you know how it turns out.  The recipe says they freeze well - so 90% of the pan will be frozen so then we can pull out some as a treat here and there.

Wow Tina, you are having a busy day of prep!  I have to ask, what is magic mushroom dust?  Over here, 'magic mushrooms' are a hallucinogenic herb, so my mind is boggled :D ! It may have been an accumulation of things led to your foot pain, I got away with eating badly for quite a while before I noticed the deterioration in my physical body. 

My eating over the weekend has been much improved, although wheat is not totally eliminated it is greatly reduced; I couldn't find the strength to drop the bread and go cold turkey but I swapped my supermarket white for a small loaf of low calorie bread which has more air spaces than solid, and had only 2 slices over the course of the day rather than possibly 6 when it was being my only sustenance. I'm happy with that progress.   This morning I am going out for a cuppa with my daughter and the two littlest grandchildren.  The wee man had a fall yesterday and has bruised his forehead - I'm sure he'll be telling me all about it.  His tiny sister is not so tiny now and is walking and pinching his toys... chaos ahead! There'll be no cake with the coffee for me.  

Good morning - man I slept terrible last night  (probably cuz I forgot to eat lunch - and then I ate dinner late and I had to taste test everything that came out of the oven !) so went to bed too full of stuff !

Magic Mushroom dust is dried porcini mushrooms, ground to powder, then added to salt, dried tyme, and if you want  pepper flakes ( I omitted those).    the mushrooms were pretty pricey - 2oz for $5    www.nomnompaleo.com    basically just another seasoning for whatever you like.  I added it to my eggs this morning. I tried to use my food processor and it didn't work the best for grinding them up - so used my coffee grinder instead and that worked like a charm.   It made enough to fill a parmesan shaker.  ( I decreased the amount of salt by 1/3)

so put the final layer on the truffle - and it is AMAAAAZZZZZING !  you must try this - and it is a recipe you can so make your own.  it turned out great with the walnuts/pecans and the cashew butter.  My daughter loves it..  I did add a bit more syrup in the truffle part but you can make it as sweet as you like.   and it is only a small container so I don't know that any of it will be frozen !!  I used a pyrex 4x6 ish dish and it is just enough to fill that.   Actually I may freeze a piece or 2 just to see how well it freezes.  and then maybe next time I will make 2 dishes and freeze one.

M1 was eggs with butternut squash
M2 was mustard chicken w/ broccoli and butternut squash

M3 was Asian & curry meatballs over zoodles.   I sauted the zoodles in mushroom dust, onion & garlic powder and then added coconut aminos at the end.  Very yummy

Tomorrow is a pigout at work - we are doing Taco day - I am going to bring some lettuce so I can make it into a salad, and will be bringing something else to eat as well as I'm not sure what will all be there... cuz you know the people that sign up just say "will bring a dish"  Dish of what ??  air ?  water?    I'm sure that there will be a bunch of stuff I can't eat.. and then items that I choose to not eat.

I hope to sleep better tonight.

Ok - I have spoken too soon.. the truffle was yummy  but now my stomach is gurgling - gurgling - gurgling.   I am guessing the chocolate/sugar is not sitting well.  I am sad :(

I'm crossing my fingers that maybe it was the curry meatballs that made my stomach gurgly

tested my theory about the truffles - so I ate one at 10 ish - nothing else -   (M1 was at 6:30, banana at about 9 ish) and no gurgly stomach - nothing at all.

so tomorrow I am going to have the curry meatballs and then see what happens

...food. We need food, but how easy is it to grab processed stuff when in a hurry.   The mantra fail to prepare, prepare to fail is so true in this instance.  Which is me confessing that after a busy day yesterday I was unprepared so grabbed cheese on toast.   Ahh it was worth it!   Even knowing I am now back to square one, ha-ha!

Hope the curry meatballs are good to you!   I've just had an e-mail from Donna, she's so frustrated as she cannot get onto this site now, that's why she has been missing.  So I'm to let you and Lori know she's ok!  :)

Recovering from yesterday's bad eating day, been more sensible today and have some mini quiche things in the oven.  Now the weather is warming up, it is easier to think of salad veg again.  Amazingly over the time I was eating badly, I have only gained  a couple of pounds, hopefully fluid from all the carb it will go soon.

Take care, C x

Sometimes I have problems with this site as well.. I thought it was my computer.

so I weighed myself (haven't since 1/31/15)  and am 177.6  a total of 28 lbs since 9/1.   I was hoping to get into the 170's with the last w30 but hovered at 180 -179  so technically was in the 170 but not like I wanted to be... so now I am .  next weight goal is to see 175.   I am not making weight loss a goal - but to keep making my self healthy and the weight loss is just a bonus.

I am scheduling an appt with my doctor - about my blood sugar - possible diabetes or whatever.  had a scare last night after eating a bowl of ice cream - got all whoozy and light headed, a little nauseous...    have not had that happen before - except when I had vertigo.  Didn't like it then and didn't like it last night.  Today I'm still a bit off.

made an appt with my doctor, she doesn't seem to concerned about my issue - a little frustrating - it does not help that I can not talk with the nurses during the day, due to my job.   so playing phone tag with them is frustrating to beat all hell.

Today I am feeling much better, yesterday I watched my food... although for dinner I did not have any veggies except a potato with my fried chicken.  I wanted grease .... !!  have not had fried chicken in a very long time.

M1 was curry meatballs (at 7 am - still no gurgly stomach like the other night) w/ sw potatoes

M2 will be mustard chicken w/ broccoli and sw potatoes

M3  will be going out for dinner with a friend,

Good Monday Morning to everyone....   I managed to survive the weekend ....   ate all I wanted and didn't regret it !   my sweet mother, she did not make any dessert that was flour based,- just because of me -  so she made a pineapple fluff cake -  which is very yummy.   I had ham, cheesy potatoes, 7 layer salad (which I made) green beans and corn.  Last night I also had popcorn  - today I am feeling fine.

Hi everyone...  so after eating popcorn last night - I now have the munchies...........grrrrrr    not hungry at all - just want to EAT !!  not entirely sure that the popcorn caused it - but I'm guessing.    Maybe I just want to eat...  or maybe all the food I ate yesterday is the cause...    aauugghhh   feels like I am back to square 1.  ok maybe not that bad.

I am contemplating on doing another w30 if my friend is willing to jump on board... for May 1...  I am trying desperately to get her to see all the positive this program has to offer.. bought her the book  (it is sitting on her end table)  I know that we have to make the choice for ourselves and I don't want to be pushy but she could really use it..  (not just for weight, but her diabetes and over all health)  

we will see -

I hope your friend does try it; every one should do it a least once for what you learn about how food affects you.   I find I get the munchies in direct proportion to the junk that passes my lips.   Yesterday with three grandchildren here was not a good eating day - I made healthy choices and then hoovered up the left overs, doh!   Today was stressful as I had my sickness review with management, they were really nice, but it is anticipatory stress in case they suggested I'm getting too old to do the job.   Actually it was a case of 'how soon can you come back'?!  so did a stress eating breakfast....  

Tomorrow there should be no excuses.  to quote you Tina -

we will see ......

Chrissie I understand about the grand kids !  I struggle when Preston comes over.. I have learned to toss left overs immediately !  

Today I made some patties out of the butternut squash, added a scrambled egg, parsley, almond flour, mushroom powder, onion, garlic powder.... then fried them   Had them with eggs this morning.  Very tasty.  and nice change from just mashed.

Today is my doctor appt - no clue what is going to happen.  Kinda thought maybe she would want to do some blood work - but she did not order anything.  What is she going to figure out if she doesn't have blood work -  I have a feeling that it may be a waste of my time.  If I wasn't planning a big road trip - I would just cancel it, but I don't want to chance something is wrong and then my trip is in jeopardy.

I will post what I find out.

Lori  ~  how are you feeling.. ?  please come out and play (post)  It would be nice to hear from you.   Don't be so hard on yourself if you are having a hard time - life is difficult sometimes and sometimes you just don't need to add more to your plate.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Today I have no reason (excuse) to eat unhealthily, let's see what I can achieve!    your patties sounded tasty Tina, I hope your doc can sort you out.    Lori, I agree with Tina, just pop by to chat, no need to mention food  - it's all part of life's rich tapestry.   What you do is for you alone, there is so much more to you than what gets put in your mouth!  

Archived