More Changes to Come

Tina Marie

In Tina's words Whoot-Whoot I am back.  Thanks for the help Tina and a big big thank you for persevering when the rest of us have had to be off for awhile.

I was really down when I tried to log in on the site you got me to and they said my log in was wrong so after trying several times I asked for a new password and I still couldn't get in.  I always got in before by having book mark the page so I would go to recently book marked and run down the very short list and click on this site. That had stopped working and just said I was not authorized.  After all else failed it dawned on me to scroll down the very long list of book marks right next to the short one and low and behold it went right to it. If you look at the very top of this page in the browser where it says forum whole9life and all the rest including page 17. If you couldn't get in sometime and you typed all of this into your browser I think this page would come up.  I am going to write it down so if this ever happens again I can get here that way.

Lori I certainly agree with the others on what they said and If you are busy and can only drop in once and awhile please do we want to hear from you about anything you want to say or vent about. We are not just about food and are all on our own journey.

Chrissie I hope you are all better and you will get back on track. You have learned so much doing this and are so aware.  A year ago you would not have thought that food could be contributing to how you have been feeling. MY friend that did this never did do the complete strict 30. She just cut out or down on her problem areas.  She hasn't had any bread and very small amount of cheese occasionally. No pasta but she does have the minute amounts of sugar added to some foods.  Not on purpose she just wasn't going to throw the food she had away. She has cut down on fruit and doesn't add sugar to stuff.  She does use truvia. She has something she feels she shouldn't occasionally like the rest of us. She is losing weight slowly and her blood work has really improved.

It is getting late and I need to eat meal 1 so I will continue later.  Thanks again Tina and Chrissie

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Donna - glad to see you made it back !!!

Had some sushi last night - ok a lot of sushi at least for me - almost 8 pieces.  I had a big salad with it.  Had a bit of a gurgly stomach late last night and a bit this morning - but nothing huge.   That will hold me for a while.  Really wanted pizza but after my last run in with it - I'm very hesitant, and with having to work today didn't want to risk any sort of reaction !!! Papa Murphy makes a gluten free one - that I may try some weekend, just incase I have the same issues - at least I would be home !!

M1 was eggs and sw potato

M2 will be zoodles and curry meatballs.

M3 -  No clue !

I still have not gotten around to trying yogurt..I may try that later on in the month or whenever the whim takes me.

Hope everyone is doing well

Good morning  Another thank you Tina for telling us about your spontaneous recipes.  I made the butternut sq patties and liked them.  They are like the soup and cauliflower biscuit's.  Very easy to heat up and eat at any meal for an extra veggie.  You are sure eating meal one in the true spirit of whole 30.  I still can only go so far with it.  I am up to eating brussels sprout's with onion and bacon cooked in together.  I can eat them if I don't eat to many.

Oh about the biscuit's I tried freezing one and it was fine when I heated it up. I just find I eat them before I need to freeze them.

I have cut way back on sweet  potatoes and try to eat other veggies.  I only have sw potato a couple times a week and white once a week if that. also have 1 piece of bacon 2 or 3 times a week. I have papa murphy's gluten free or delight pizza and it doesn't bother me. MY biggest challenge is snacking at night. I get these almond bits which is almond ice cream little bites covered in dark chocolate.  Sooo good.  I eat a 1/2 serving which is 8 pieces and it's about 8 grams of sugar. My other snack downfall is low cal popcorn.  I don't eat corn at all anymore but then I eat popcorn.  Duh. So I really need to work on that.

Right now the only thing I am aware of consequences for is occasionally we go to Mexican food and I have a chicken taco and a Margarita.  I don't sleep as well that night but I feel ok.  We just try to go to an early dinner. I know it's the drink that does it.

I have really been enjoying the new gym and have been going 4 or 5 times a week for the last 5 or 6 weeks.  I go to boot camp classes twice a week and the other days I work out on the equipment or do cardio.  I tried spinning classes at 5 am for four different times but just could not learn to like it. They will have Zumba classes soon that I will go to. I tried their yoga class and didn't like the teachers style.  The music was to fast and there was no flow to the movements.  Just abrupt changes of position.

Great to see you back here Donna. Have you been to the doc yet Tina? Well I still keep falling under the lure of bread despite all my brave words. Even though I know that once I start, it leads to cravings. Still it's a lot less than I used to eat, and I shall keep trying, it will click again. I have a chicken roasted for tonight and plenty of salad greens. My daughter and the grandchildren were out for coffee this afternoon at a pretty place in the countryside, it was so warm we were able to sit outside amongst the spring flowers. Lovely.

Donna  I tried some popcorn the other day, because I miss it - ok I was addicted to it before -    I popped it on top of the stove with some coconut oil... no bad reaction.. the popcorn was old so it wasn't the best so that kinda convinced me that I really don't need popcorn.  NOW if my dad was still growing corn I would be eating more.   When I was a kid - I did not like popcorn at all....  that was until Kettle Corn.   I think I can survive going out to the movies without it (those are just filled with nastiness anyway)

I have been having a cup of chicken broth in the mornings lately half way in between breakfast and lunch.. instead of eating a fruit - cuz I think it was causing some cravings and some sleepiness. (maybe a sugar crash ?) 

Have not heard back from my doc yet about test results- they emailed the results to me - looks normal but I guess I am waiting to see what she says about it. she gave me a script for Meclizine (sp?)  for the dizziness  -  Took that when I had vertigo... so if I get it again atleast I have something to take.

I am not taking a yoga class again until after my vacation - can't afford the $   or rather will be putting that $ towards the vacation. I have learned the basic moves so my goal is to start doing it at home so I can keep up with it.  I am hoping to motivate myself to get up a bit earlier and start walking on the trail that runs by the river which is right out my back door.

Donna you inspire me with your dedication to working out - I use to be like that... Use to.

Chrissie - I'm envisioning your view while you had your coffee- !   Lovely  - It is still pretty chilly here - so no sitting outside yet.   If I can offer a suggestion and I'm sure you thought of this and I'm sorry if I step over the line.   What about NOT buying the Bread ?? or put it in the freezer ?  I put the bread that Brooke wants in the freezer cuz it doesn't last otherwise (gets moldy)  maybe if it is frozen and not readily 'eatable' that may make you pause ?

argh, Tina, .... don't mention toasted cheese sandwiches ha-ha  ;) !   You are not out of line at all, surely we are here to offer each other support, and maybe ideas we may not have thought of.   I agree; to not have the offending food in the house would remove temptation, but hubby likes his fresh white bread .... he feels freezing it makes it dry.   Perhaps I should try some hypnotherapy aversion therapy, imagining the bread covered with nasty stuff!  

Well I hope having the meds on hand will be helpful and that you don't have too many dizzy spells to need to try it.   Vertigo is not a nice experience.

Well not buying it would work for me with the almond bites but I talk myself into that I will only have it a couple of times a week. Then of course it's more then that. Maybe if I try not buying it for two weeks I would follow through. Then maybe in 2 weeks I could go another 2 weeks.

Off to the gym did boot camp yesterday so today chest and back.  I just feel really good after working out.

Have a good day girls.

good morning !

Last night went out with a girl friend I have not gotten together with since last summer... and it was very enjoyable.  we went to Texas Road house and I got what I wanted, drank what I wanted, and didn't worry about food at all.  I had ribs, bloomin onion a baked potatoe and veggies and a BIG sangria.   We ate too much of the bloomin onion so didn't eat much of our actual dinner !  Felt very full and a bit uncomfortable... (ate more food at Easter but still didn't feel like that )  so I know it was the greasy bloomin onion that did me in.  

I found some gluten free "popcorn chips" that taste pretty darn good.  I had some last night and will see if they affect my feet at all

The weather today is BEAUTIFUL but I am stuck at work and unable to enjoy it <_<

Good morning Ladies,

Well, after a glorious Easter that saw me putting away my winter clothes,  today is cold and pouring with rain.  Good, it means I don't need to go out and water the garden!   

Ok, I have to ask; what are 'bloomin' onions?  What ever, it sounds like you had fun Tina, and I hope, no later ill effects.   I used to love onions  but I now seem to find them a trigger for upsetting my digestion :(

2 nights at work, and I took good food with me, but fell prey to the munchies.   I feel my waistband getting a little tighter, so must get a grip. 

Well done on your boot camp Donna, you and Tina's strengths are stopping me falling completely back into bad (terrible) habits! 

Have a nice Sunday :)

I have never been able to eat a bloomin onion without it bothering me. I have only tried it a couple of times.  I can eat onion every other way without a problem.

Didn't go to the gym yesterday . But I worked out learning some dance steps for over an hour so I am counting that as my exercise.  Then went shopping.  Left the house at 10;30 and got back at 5:00 so I think I was on the go enough.

Today just cleaning house and having my Granddaughter and her fiance over for dinner. I probably wont have time to make the gym but will go for sure tomorrow then boot camp on Tuesday.  Sometimes I find I need two days in a row break when I am feeling to sore. After all I am getting old.  LOL

good afternoon!  I indulged in a gluten free pizza from Papa Murphy's last night and have not had any problems at all !!   The crust was a little "chewy" but tolerable.   I am going to try a test and have the exact pizza w/ their thin delite crust.  I have had papa's pizza's before with real no issue.  The trouble I had with the other one was it was a much thicker crust, from the store.

Lucky for me - the weather was beautiful on Sunday so I didn't miss out again, on nice weather.  Today - however is a different story - cloudy, rainy, yucky  in the true spirit of a Monday !!

Donna - what is Boot Camp - ?  I'm thinking of my military boot camp training - and I am feeling sorry for you !!!!   LOL

Hi  Chrissie a bloomin onion is a whole onion that I don't know how they do it but it is like it is blooming up and opening up. I believe it is deep fried.  The blooms have been cut in narrow pieces still attached at one end of the onion.  So it is like a slim petaled flower opening up. You take off a petal and eat it. Does that sound right Tina?

Boot camp is an hour of constantly changing exercises. Each one doing something different at the same time. Its cardio, flexability and strength combined.

Regular boot camp can be very strenuous. This is called active aging boot camp for over 55.  They give you adaptions for your ability.  I am always asking for more and harder but there is no way I could do a regular boot camp.  At least not some of the moves.  Right now the other ladies are asking for easier adaptions so it works out they can keep us all happy. Worked legs today and they feel like they may be a little sore later.

Tomorrow is boot camp again then I am taking my friend to a movie and lunch for her birthday.  We will go to Grateful Gardens it's a health restaurant with gluten free breads and Paleo bowls and kale salads.

Tina I felt the same way about the glutten free crust at Papa Murphy's. It was just ok. So I have been getting the de lite and haven't had any problems. 

Oh I went for blood results today and I had one of those CRP Inflammatory test done. It was 0.17 so yea.  My vit B 12 was high so i am to back off taking that all the time.

My cholesterol is high and always has been and I was taking a statin for it which I just no longer wanted to do.  This doctor tested for the size of the particles in my blood because the count can be high but if the particles are big they are not as likely to stick to the walls. I have a medium low amount of the bad size particles so she thinks I would do well on a plant based cholesterol lowering supplement.  The only other thing I take is metoprolol 2 times a day for a fast heart beat but I know I have to stay on that. I never felt it but it would seem to alarm doctors when I went to one.

Have a good eve/morning ladies.

Good morning!  

I'm feeling quite positive today, managing to keep my eating ok-ish and certainly improving on the veggies intake.  I think I'll keep away from the blooming onions though, ha-ha    I've done a couple of short bursts on the rower too.... well leisurely pulls actually but the intent was there :rolleyes:.    Donna you must be thrilled with your good blood results, well done!   Tina, it sounds like you have British weather over there too :) ! 

I have some gardening to attend to, but looking at the gathering clouds maybe it will wait. Again.    Yesterday I was out with D-in-law and grandson #1, he must be the only child who has managed to injure himself in a soft-play area (he thought he could fly....)  thankfully he only winded himself, and scratched his head, but as his mummy cuddled him better he kept pointing to the 1st aid post sign sobbing ''I need to go there''!   it's quite a thing when a 4 year old is so used to accidents he already knows what a first-aider is! 

Lori, hope things are ok for you :)

Catch you all later.  Have nice days.

Good morning ladies ~

I am in a rut with my veggies - ok honestly - I'm tired of them !  LOL.   I still have sw potatoes and some butternut squash to use up - and will be making salmon patties tonight to get rid of those.  I did buy fresh broccoli and cauliflower, thinking of making some casserole type dish ... just have to come up with something.

I do have some sw potatoes that I am going to shred and make some meatballs and a breakfast bake.

I think with the weather finally nice - I will haul out the grill - I just bought a replacement piece on it-   I love mushrooms and veggies on the grill so then I will load up !   and I think I will throw some cabbage rounds on there too.

Brooke is back to wanting to be a vegetarian...so that makes my life somewhat more difficult - because there really is no good substitute for good ole meat and I worry that she will not be getting good nutrition.

will check in later

Ladies, I'm saying nothing about food other than yesterday I had some sweetcorn kernels for the first time in months..... goodness me, I paid the price at work last night!  

Tomorrow we are going down to a sleepy market town in Lincolnshire, to stay a few days with the in-laws, if the weather stays fair it will be lovely as it is in the countryside near the forest where Robin Hood of legend is supposed to have lived!  Of course. people now see this as a commercial opportunity and it turns into a bit of a tourist trap rather than a beautiful ancient forest which is what it really is.   I'm meeting a friend for coffee this afternoon, I'll be careful of what I accompany it with! 

Thinking of you all.

C x

Good Morning !  - I tried to post yesterday while at work - but it got so busy that I couldn't finish it. !

I hope everyone is doing well...   Chrissie - I miss corn too -I had some as well a while back and probably had the same reaction!   It tastes so good going down !

So had car trouble over the weekend - radiator and water pump went out... had to rent a car because of course my weekend was crammed packed full...  needless to say - the vacation fund has been depleted greatly.

I am planning on doing a full Whole 30 again on 5/4/15... want to reset my body again before our vacation.  I really have not fallen off the w30 wagon - per se, but I think it would do me good.

Good morning everyone !  Lori - hope that you and Cassey are doing well ... thinking of you  pop on to say hi if you have the energy.

Donna - haven't heard from you in a bit - let us know how you are doing -  I like reading what you have fixed for dinner and how your workouts are going

Last night I enjoyed another papa murphy pizza... DeLite crust and absolutely no issues.  Saturday I am going to eat some yogurt and see how I feel... then next week I will prepare for another Whole 30.

well off to do more work..

OH  and I will be working from home !  starting within 2 wks approx.

Good morning... I decided today I would reintro yogurt -  but forgot to bring some for lunch... so I guess I will have to buy some at the cafeteria (hope they have some)  I had some organic yogurt this morning, and so far nothing... no gurgly stomach or congestion (I've been reading that some get congestion, stuffy noses, fleminess (gross I know) -  when I had the cows milk cheese my stomach was gurgling w/in a bit of time.    I did try some goat cheese and no gurgling at all, but I had some stomach distress at the end of the day, and was not sure if it was the cheese or if maybe I did not wash the salad greens ... or ... or  I still have the cheese and may try again but will do that next weekend.

Weather is suppose to be nice this weekend - have a baby shower tomorrow - so shopping in the morning.  I love baby shopping, always go over board !

Hello everyone, we have had a lovely few days away, and now I am caught up with the laundry and everything that accompanies a break.  I decided to clear out my wardrobe and put in the more summery things, I'm going out today to buy one or two more tops as I have had to recycle some.   Nearly as much fun as buying a new handbag, ha-ha!

I'm planning a few days of eating well, as I have over indulged a little on good wine and a daily dessert - normal food at the in-laws.  I could have declined, but I didn't want to!  I don't feel too toxic, so this is a good time to get back to basics before everything goes off again.

Thinking of you all.

Cx

good morning -  so the yogurt test did not pass...  my stomach tolerated it, but Saturday I woke w/ a headache.. it eventually went away.  BUT Saturday night my joints were so painful...every joint... knees, wrist, hands  and especially my elbows.  so not a good night at all. and I do blame the yogurt because I have not had any problems like this.   I was going to try goats milk yogurt, but after pricing it - I probably won't unless I can find a really good deal.

weekend was a little bit of off roading -  because I could.   had a burrito and chips w/ a sprinkling of cheese. This next week is going to be pretty clean- maybe !

Hi   I am fine just get busy. I had checked a few times and there were no new posts.  Glad to see us all back.  I have been going to the gym. I am enjoying the boot camp classes.  There is just me and another lady in this class so it's like having a personal trainer.  I am doing ok with my food.

Tina maybe it's not just dairy that bothers you since you did ok on the organic yogurt.  Maybe it is what they feed the cows and injections they get. You may do fine with pastured cow dairy products.

I need to get out and find a dress or long skirt for my Granddaughters wedding.It is not that far away.

Have a good day

good afternoon !

so I'm going to vent for a moment - and I apologize ahead of time - as I know it does not apply to everyone in the healthcare system - so please don't be offended.

as you know I went to the doctor about the dizzy spell and my concern about sugar levels (even from months ago as well).  My sugar level was elevated again, and I got the phone call "please call our office about your test results"   I couldn't call because of my hours vs their hours and I didn't want to deal with it.  (I got the results on line as well)  So the doctor's nurse (not even the doc herself) sent me a letter, in regards to the results.   thyroid good - doesn't think it had anything to do with the dizzy spell..   sugar -  high - almost to diabetes level. then this line "you must make dietary changes and increase exercise" 

OK  this is where my vent comes in

She knows that I have changed my diet in a big way, and that I have lost 30 lbs, and have started exercising .  It FRUSTRATES me to no end - (mostly because my company's motto is Done in 1- meaning when a client calls in, we do all we can so they don't call back)  that she did not go into details about WHAT I should be changing about my diet.  So I had to make a phone call back to the nurse, explaining again what I have done - what I am doing and ask for suggestions on what I SHOULD be eating.  so then the nurse had to check with the doctor and then call me back.  in the end - they will send me a list of foods to either avoid or what to eat  - not entirely sure what list they will send.     augggh    OK rant is Done!

how is everyone else ???

Happy almost May !!

This upcoming weekend I work Saturday - will be doing lots of food prep for the new W30... I was not able to convince my friend to try this - but another friend is joining me.  Not entirely sure if she wants to post anything or start her own food log.

Archived