F-F-F-Freezing!

After two years of non-whole 30, I finally jumped back on the wagon.  I started at 6'3" - 280 lbs.  Since the last week of august I've been compliant and am now 6'3" (no surprise there) and 240 lbs.  I feel great, love this way of life etc.  My only problem is that I'm CONSTANTLY cold.  I've never in my life been cold like this.  I run my hands under hot water and then sit there for minutes waiting to warm up, and as soon as I take them out...freezing again!  I recognize that living in Canada doesn't help, but does anyone know anything I can try to warm up?  My mom always said "put on a sweater" but now I live in the things and I still can't warm up!

You've lost your earth's crust, your outer layer is gone.   Forty pounds of insulation has disappeared into the ethers.  Congrats, you're the man!  I live in the arctic cold and it's understood and appreciated that you're freezing.    You're going to have to layer it on up.

Turtleneck, sweater or one of those wicking zip up coats.  Warm socks (wool blend).   Vest,  coat, hat, mittens.   You know the drill, you're from Canada.   I always wonder about you guys up there.   We never hear how cold it really is in the winter but I know you're freezing.   I've been to the West Edmonton Mall in January.   Ohhhh,  I have no idea how you do it.   Just remember, you need 4 layers to stay warm.   

Happy Thanksgiving ....do you celebrate Pilgrims Day?   Nah, I didn't think so.

GARCONMENSSTYLEFASHIONBLOGSTREETSTYLEJOS

• Administrators

Not what you'll probably want to hear, but I lost 80 pounds over 7 months and nearly froze to frigging death.  I live on the West Coast in British Columbia...so it's mostly temperate and not an igloo to be found.

It took me about 2 years and, honestly it involved gaining BACK 20# that I had no business losing, before I was able to warm myself. I always found myself warmest after eating so I tried to do that a lot, LOL!

LOTS of tea, bone broth, coffee/coconut milk lattes, soup, stew, polar fleece socks, fingerless gloves for at work and a toque to hold your body heat in.

G'Luck!

(and congrats on the weight loss!)

Love it!  Thanks.  Still cold, even inside, but i'll see what i can do to bundle up :)  it's not even really cold out here.

No, it's probably only 32 degrees up there....a walk in the park for a tough Canadian.  Heck-a-toot, I'm sitting at 40.

I know what kind of cold you are talking about. Hands still cold and chilled inside no matter how many layers you have on. Make sure you are not unconsciously restricting your calories. People report feeling cold when dieting, ie practicing caloric restriction. People can accidentally do this on the Whole30 because protein and fat are sooo satiating. Also, going too low carb can make your thyroid sluggish (not true hypothyroidism) which can lead to always feeling cold. Making sure you are not drinking too much water and salting your food heavily will help, too.

• Whole30 Certified Coach

228529_15892_XL.jpg

If you decide to go with the eVent gear pictured these few layers will only set you back $750 or so ;)  Personally, I'd try eating a few more sweet potatoes.  But don't let me stop you - the colors in the picture are lovely and when you decide you don't need them you can send them my way!

People report feeling cold when dieting, ie practicing caloric restriction.

Yup, I do IF, and many fellow practitioners report feeling cold more than usual.

When I'm feeling more cold than my buddies, I just use it as an opportunity to make fun of their excess body fat. Innocent.png

Oh, Kirkor...the buds you hang with probably don't have more than  a 1/4 of an inch.    They're all fat adapted.  :D  

Heck-a-toot...the GreatSwalmi could find all of those items at our food/clothing cupboard for free.  If you're strapped for cash, try the 2nd hand place.

Archived