Will I keep losing weight?

Andreabgm

Well today is 30 days.  Yay.  It was Easy easy easy for me.  I looked forward to getting on the scale and I have lost 6 pounds.  Honestly I wish it were many more.

I have no intention of going off the plan for a long time--I feel too good.  In the long term if i continue can I expect to keep losing weight?  I hope so!

I hope everyone did well over the holidays.

PS.  I KNOW weight loss isn't supposed to be the main goal here, but i need it to be ONE of the goals.

• Moderators

Congrats!

I think if you've lost weight eating and living this way, then it is more than likely that you will continue to lose weight as you continue to eat and live this way. What's the harm in trying, anyway? Do what makes you feel good and don't expect huge or consistent numbers. Several of the forum moderators are great role models in this regard. 

• Moderators

I kept losing weight for 15 months when I adopted Whole30-style eating. I lost 2 pounds per month until I was down from 215 to 185. That was 4 years ago. The last time I weighed on October 4th, I weighed 189.5 pounds. I am much more muscular now than I was 4 years ago, so I thought I would be 195. 

If you stay on the W30 path eating healthy you will continue to lose weight.  As you continue on after the 30 days you will start to need less food to make you full consequently eating less resulting in losing more weight because you've taken in less calories.  Eventually your body will require the correct amount of food/calories to efficiently sustain itself without feeling hunger.

Good job! I lost 6.5 in my first whole 30 which ended 2 weeks before Thanksgiving. For those 2 weeks I had a few indulgences....alcohol.....dessert....and then started another Whole30 the day after Thanksgiving. When I weighed myself, I was down 2#. So yes you will continue to lose if you just watch what you eat. And exercise!

• 3 weeks later...

6 pounds!!!!!! That is terrific a pound and a half a week! Could you imagine if you stayed with this consistent weight loss in a year you could lose up to 78 pounds that is absolutely significant keep up the good work don't give up!

You know that at the very beginning of the diet loss the most weight, but the following months a lot less. I struggled with being overweight 2 years, I ran every morning and used detox http://www.kalinka-store.com/catalog/83 diet. As a result, loss 7 pounds for the first month, but following months no more than three pounds

• 3 weeks later...

I finished my whole30 in the beginning of October. I lost weight and felt really great about it, so I ordered my wedding dress a size up just to make sure my bust and hips fit. My wedding dress came in yesterday and it's more than two sizes too big. Even though I'm not whole30ing anymore, I eat mostly Paleo and continue to work out for 30 minutes, three times a week. Your body will naturally lose weight until there's no more extra pounds to lose. I almost wonder when that will be for me. Whether you stick to whole30 or choose to ride your own bike, don't obsess over the scale. Find the beauty that you did it, you learned, and hopefully you're happy about it.

Archived